Georgia's Very Own Megathread! (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 06:40:50 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Georgia's Very Own Megathread! (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Georgia's Very Own Megathread!  (Read 128016 times)
Orwell
JacksonHitchcock
Junior Chimp
United States
« on: November 03, 2020, 04:09:32 PM »

Anecdotal

Last week I spoke to a 72-year-old retired pilot who lives near Atlanta he is a lifelong Republican and this is the first time he is voting Democrat and he is voting straight ticket.
Orwell
JacksonHitchcock
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2022, 03:02:44 PM »

How many of these registered Dems are demosaurs who never bothered to change their registration?

Zero.  Georgia does not have party registration.
God I'm a moron. Somehow I transposed white/black into R/D.

I mean racial polarization in the South is so strong that it's basically the same thing

I've heard people say that in Mississippi you don't even need to count the votes, just count people as they walk into the polling booths.

I think I saw something that if Mississippi whites voted like even Wisconsin or Iowa whites did, it would be a blue state.

Why the "even"? Upper midwest whites vote more D than most of the country - they were second after New England until recent years when they fell behind the west coast.

Recent years? I'd say the west coast was more Democratic than the midwest, remember Ohio and Indiana along with parts of Kentucky by 2000 at the earliest.
Orwell
JacksonHitchcock
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2022, 10:48:22 AM »
« Edited: October 30, 2022, 04:35:36 PM by GeorgiaModerate »

How many of these registered Dems are demosaurs who never bothered to change their registration?

Zero.  Georgia does not have party registration.
God I'm a moron. Somehow I transposed white/black into R/D.

I mean racial polarization in the South is so strong that it's basically the same thing

I've heard people say that in Mississippi you don't even need to count the votes, just count people as they walk into the polling booths.

I think I saw something that if Mississippi whites voted like even Wisconsin or Iowa whites did, it would be a blue state.

Why the "even"? Upper midwest whites vote more D than most of the country - they were second after New England until recent years when they fell behind the west coast.

Recent years? I'd say the west coast was more Democratic than the midwest, remember Ohio and Indiana along with parts of Kentucky by 2000 at the earliest.

I said upper midwest, not midwest. Most would classify MN/WI/MI and parts of IA as upper midwest.

In 2004, the only states Kerry won whites according to most exit polls were the New England states, MN, one of OR/WA and HI if I recall correctly.  IA/WI and the other OR/WA state were tied (and certainly within margins of exit polls). CA and NY weren't really as close as people might expect. CA whites shifted a lot in the Obama years, but parts of the upper midwest are still better for Ds.

(Picture deleted by mod because it was too wide for the page.  Feel free to repost it at a smaller width.)

The Dakotas are both apart of the upper midwest
Orwell
JacksonHitchcock
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2022, 09:11:18 AM »

Okay, after doing NY gov I will now do GA Gov astrology.

My crystals are telling me Kemp wins
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies