Georgia's Very Own Megathread! (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 06:33:31 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Georgia's Very Own Megathread! (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Georgia's Very Own Megathread!  (Read 127954 times)
Podgy the Bear
mollybecky

« on: November 01, 2020, 08:18:57 AM »

Besides their presences in the final 48 hours of the campaign, where they are going says a lot as well. Particularly interesting to me is why Trump's team felt the need to choose Rome as opposed to, say, Gainesville or Canton.

(I saw some real internal data broken down by region at the beginning of October: let's just say that Rome/NW GA would make a better defensive choice for Trump if that data was accurate; it showed Trump sliding much more in NW GA than NE GA.)

That's interesting and frankly surprising. Isn't NE GA (Hall, Forsyth, Cherokee, etc.) more connected to Atlanta and thus more liberal? Do you see anything on the ground in NW GA to indicate Trump slipping?

Chuckle on NE GA being more liberal.

Actually, Forsyth and Cherokee are more connected to metro Atlanta.  As you go on I-75 north, Bartow County and above in NW GA are much less so.
Podgy the Bear
mollybecky

« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2021, 12:08:47 AM »

Hopefully Andre Dickens can edge out Kasim for the second spot in the mayoral runoff. Not looking likely though.

Glad I don't live in the city limits, what terrible choices.

Dickens has moved in front of Reed by 478 votes with one precinct to report.  Hopefully, he will pull it out.

Mayor - Atlanta - General
179 of 180 Precincts Reporting - 99.44%
Updated: Nov. 03, 2021 12:47 am

Moore, Felicia R
40.75%

Dickens, Andre
22.99%

Reed, Kasim
22.49%
Podgy the Bear
mollybecky

« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2021, 09:32:20 PM »

Abrams should hope this will be a rematch with Kemp, who may lose at least 2-3 pts. due to die hard Trump supporters unwilling to vote for him by either voting for her in protest or just don't vote in the gov race at all. Pure tossup or even Tilt D with Kemp. Perdue or Jones would be make it at least Tilt R in my opinion.

The Republicans need to hope for Perdue.  Abrams would absolutely chew up Jones, emasculating him so much and exposing him for the moron he truly is.
Podgy the Bear
mollybecky

« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2021, 04:25:56 PM »

Look for a major Democratic crossover vote to defeat the perceived weaker opponent to Abrams (if the Republicans go to a primary runoff).
Podgy the Bear
mollybecky

« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2021, 06:10:57 PM »

An indication here that by keeping Trump as a major force, the Republicans are in more trouble nationally than they think.
Podgy the Bear
mollybecky

« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2022, 01:39:55 PM »

I never thought I’d say this but….

I can’t wait to cast my vote for Brian Kemp and Brad Raffensperger in the Republican primary.

I can stomach another four years of Kemp--absolutely cannot do so with Perdue.
Podgy the Bear
mollybecky

« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2022, 10:45:36 AM »

I'm surprised that primary vote is 43% D.  Other than CD-7 voters, there's very little incentive to vote in the Democratic primary.

I crossed over to vote in the Republican primary, and there are lots of Democrats and independents who did the same to stick it to Trump and his minions.  That will magnify the Kemp totals and will make the Raffensperger-Hice race closer than expected (even though Hice remains likely to win).
Podgy the Bear
mollybecky

« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2022, 08:27:05 PM »

Raffensperger's performance has been the big surprise.  I was thinking that he might be lucky to get in a runoff, but so far, there's a real chance he could win this outright. 

Hice is winning his district (GA-10), but that's about it.  Raffensperger is doing rather well throughout the state.
Podgy the Bear
mollybecky

« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2022, 10:08:19 PM »

I saw an Abrams conference this evening, and she went hard against Kemp (IMO, rightfully so) about the Music Midtown cancellation.    The business loss is significant, and it's not going to help Kemp with the youth vote.

It's a big deal, and the gun issue is having traction here.  Kemp is starting to lose his luster and the constant reshowing of the spring 2018 commercial of his aiming the gun at the teenager  is helping Abrams to close the gap.
Podgy the Bear
mollybecky

« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2022, 06:10:48 AM »

This is a nothing burger.  Nobody is even talking about it here

Either you are very old, you live in Bainbridge, and/or you are into classical or country gospel music.  Nothing wrong with any of that, but in suburban Atlanta (where I live and work), there is a lot of talk about it because of the loss of business.  And it keeps the gun issue going--where concealed carry just doesn't resonate with much of the urban/suburban population.
Podgy the Bear
mollybecky

« Reply #10 on: November 17, 2022, 08:22:17 PM »

She should probably be the DNC chair, Jaime Harrison is not effective.

I agree with this.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies