Georgia's Very Own Megathread! (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 05:29:49 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Georgia's Very Own Megathread! (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Georgia's Very Own Megathread!  (Read 127845 times)
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« on: July 18, 2019, 05:13:01 PM »

Can Abrams still ask for a recount or sue Gov. Kemp, months after the election?
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2019, 03:34:19 PM »

Senate Minority Leader Steve Henson, the only white male Democrat in the chamber, said Wednesday that he would not seek re-election to his suburban Atlanta seat in 2020.

Henson survived a primary scare in 2018, when he finished 111 votes ahead of an unknown Democratic challenger, Sabrina McKenzie.

https://www.ajc.com/blog/politics/steve-henson-leader-senate-democrats-won-seek-election-2020/1gbMla3IiH3Flp1dsyQrBL/

He's the only white male D in the senate

Yes, just like how John Barrow was the last white male Georgia Democrat in Congress, Henson is the last white male Democrat in the Georgia State Senate.
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2021, 05:21:22 PM »

Vernon Jones is a clown and he'd go nowhere in a Georgia GOP primary for obvious reasons (hint: it starts with an r, and ends in -ace), especially since North Georgia white people, who are a significant chunk of said primary electorate, are extremely racist.

Would Jones win Forsyth County, GA?
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2021, 08:02:05 PM »

Yikes....Lance Bottoms probably is exhausted with the APD/AFD drama and all the other nonsense.

She probably runs for governor if Abrams declines?

And why doesn't Stacey Evans run for Lt. Gov. or AG in '22....

Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2021, 09:44:22 PM »

Kemp is a GONER, will not win Republican Primary

Remington Poll has Kemp leading Vernon Jones only by 4 Points (39-35)
https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/552223-poll-shows-tight-gop-primary-for-georgia-governor
Every Republican who is against Trump need to be purged out!

You actually think that Kemp will lose a primary to a Black man who turned Republican in 2019-20?? If it is Jones vs. Abrams, I wonder who wins Forsyth?
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2021, 06:45:08 PM »

What is the magic number for GA Dems to win the Legislature? Because if Gov. Stacey Abrams exists in 2023, how will she get her agenda done with a hostile Republican Legislature? It will be just like Tony Evers or Gretchen Whitmer in the Midwest
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2021, 03:26:05 PM »

What is the magic number for GA Dems to win the Legislature? Because if Gov. Stacey Abrams exists in 2023, how will she get her agenda done with a hostile Republican Legislature? It will be just like Tony Evers or Gretchen Whitmer in the Midwest
91 and it’s not going to happen. At the very least Abrams knows the major players as Former Minority Leader.

Then what does Gov. Abrams get passed? A HOPE scholarship extension? A 5-year tax cut?
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2021, 02:21:27 PM »

She should make an announcement by the end of the year.

She needs to refocus on Georgia. I get that she is a national Democratic star and her main focus is on voting rights, but what is her agenda on the Georgia economy? Where does she stand on health care? Where does she stand on taxes? On protecting Atlanta and Savannah from a terrorist attack, God forbid?

She talks too much about voting rights---and it is shameful that rightwingers attack voting rights in 2021
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2021, 02:53:29 PM »

Kemp will win, incumbents are tough to beat and 2022 will be a Republican year

I don't think Kemp is that favored, he is unpopular. If Abrams loses again to him, she will say that he is illegitimate.

Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2021, 03:16:07 PM »

Kemp will win, incumbents are tough to beat and 2022 will be a Republican year

I don't think Kemp is that favored, he is unpopular. If Abrams loses again to him, she will say that he is illegitimate.

Yes, we all know Stacey Abrams hates democracy unless it's she who wins.  Next!

I won't say it is that, I think Kemp should have resigned as SOS. That position should not be politicized and America has not learned their lessons from Katherine Harris and Ken Blackwell.

If Abrams loses again, you will see a lot of protests in Atlanta and other parts of Georgia.
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2021, 11:39:43 PM »

My two thoughts about this race
1) Abrams may very well run, but I think it would be wise to assume she is not running when making predictions until she announces. A lot of us (myself included) have egg on our faces after hyping up Sununu only to see him opt out.
2) Georgia is trending Dem, but so was Virginia and we saw how that turned out. Rural Georgia sat out the runoff, but will likely show up this time in 2022. In Virginia rural turnout was cranked up to an extreme, and while it might be slightly less in Georgia there will be a noticeable affect. They might not show up for Kemp, but they will for Walker. Similarly, all it takes is a slight (but noticeable) suburban reversion for Kemp to win. In Virginia, Loudoun and Prince William county swung R from 2020 by around 15ish points. If something like that happens in Cobb and Gwinnett even if its just half of that (7ish points) that would put Kemp over the finish line.

*Note: This assumes Kemp is the nominee, if its someone else then we are looking at a very different race

You think they are going to show up for a Black man? Forsyth County?
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #11 on: November 17, 2021, 02:59:25 PM »

Sonny Perdue and Nathan Deal left the GAGOP spoiled, fat and unfocused.

Like I said. Abrams needs to step away from the TV and Internet for a while, and hone in on Georgia issues, like the economy, taxes and jobs before talking about running for president.

She will never be president if she does not win an office. Activists don't jump to higher office.

Kemp can be beaten. It will be a very close race.

With the suburban shift to the GOP, the suburbs are a swing vote. Cobb, etc. could go to Kemp if Abrams don't focus on the issues.
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #12 on: November 27, 2021, 10:37:38 AM »

If Perdue doesn't run, what about former Atlanta Braves pitcher Tom Glavine?

Glavine is a Republican and he probably is a Trump supporter, and he is supporting Herschel.

Walker for Senate and Glavine for Governor could win back those suburbanites that love Georgia sports.

Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #13 on: December 01, 2021, 03:41:21 PM »

Tossup.

Kemp could win, and Abrams could win as well.

If Abrams wins, she will need to see Georgia Democrats win down the ticket as well.

She has her eyes on the presidency, and Harris, Buttigieg, Newsom and Ryan are in her way.
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #14 on: December 07, 2021, 08:11:55 PM »

Tossup until the end.

Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #15 on: December 17, 2021, 11:24:53 AM »

Abrams should not be cocky either.

Tossup until the last vote is counted, and white Atlanta suburban voters could flip back to Republicans especially if Biden/Harris's approval ratings sink....even if Biden picks a Black woman to the Supreme Court if Breyer retires next year, the white female vote could offset the Black vote gains....

A lot of Republican voters will want to prove their not "racist" by electing Herschel....Herschel could help Perdue and GAGOPers...
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #16 on: February 11, 2022, 10:35:40 PM »

Not a good idea, because it probably drops suburban turnout in the fall, harming Perdue/Kemp/Walker....GAGOP needs to get massive turnout in Cobb, parts of Fulton and other places to win, not only rural turnout...

A lot of people want Buckhead to separate from Atlanta....a LOT.
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #17 on: February 23, 2022, 05:51:56 PM »

If this is the Georgia Democratic ticket (GADP)Sad
U.S. Senate: Sen. Rev. Raphael Warnock
Governor: Stacey Abrams
Lt. Governor: Erick Allen or Renitta Shannon or Charlie Bailey
Attorney General: Jen Jordan
Secretary of State: Bee Nyugen

Dems should look to sweep all, including the less important positions like Labor Commissioner, etc. The Secy of State position is very important, especially if Jody Hice wins the nomination.
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #18 on: February 24, 2022, 06:59:22 PM »

If this is the Georgia Democratic ticket (GADP)Sad
U.S. Senate: Sen. Rev. Raphael Warnock
Governor: Stacey Abrams
Lt. Governor: Erick Allen or Renitta Shannon or Charlie Bailey
Attorney General: Jen Jordan
Secretary of State: Bee Nyugen

Dems should look to sweep all, including the less important positions like Labor Commissioner, etc. The Secy of State position is very important, especially if Jody Hice wins the nomination.

Correct me if I’m wrong, but Nguyen would be the first East Asian elected to state wide office in the south. Only the third(?) on the east coast (the other two being William Tong (CT) and SB Woo (DE)

I believe so. I think GA Democrats' only white male on the state ticket if Bailey loses may be Matthew Wilson, who's running for Insurance and Fire Commissioner.
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #19 on: March 17, 2022, 05:43:35 PM »

If Abrams wins, she will not be president. She will be future DNC chair. She's not married and that will send alarms to voters. Voters still like to see families in the WH
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #20 on: November 17, 2022, 05:07:41 PM »

Poor Stacey.

I think she burned out Black voters with the refusal to concede in 2018, with the celebrity tour 2019-present.

She thought she was entitled to run for president or vice president in 2020.

Lunacy.

When you lose, keep your head down and run again and hope to win.

The fame got into her head and now Dems won't touch her in 2026. They don't want the 90s Braves in her...loser/loser/loser

She should probably be the DNC chair, Jaime Harrison is not effective and should probably run for Clyburn's seat.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies