Would you support overturning Roe v. Wade?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 12:13:17 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Would you support overturning Roe v. Wade?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Poll
Question: Yes or no
Yes

No

Not sure

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 115

Author Topic: Would you support overturning Roe v. Wade?  (Read 1252 times)
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: May 21, 2019, 06:37:30 AM »

Do you want society in your pants, legislating what you do with your private body parts?

Yes? There should be much stiffer penalties on the man for premarital relations obviously.

Hermit makes a truly courageous personal revelation , and you troll her post.

Can you give it a rest just once?

Yet again you make an outrageously false accusation against me. I will continue to push for the theocracy we deserve whenever and wherever the situation calls for it. The law of God applies to both sexes. We are nothing if not consistent.

That’s not reasonable but it not hypocritical. My main issue is how can someone own property when they are property themselves. Does the property of property belong to the owner of the property?
Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.10, S: -5.30

P P P

« Reply #51 on: May 21, 2019, 09:59:55 AM »

No. Given the fundamental right to privacy, a woman has the right to protect her health & control her future.
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #52 on: May 21, 2019, 09:15:21 PM »

No. abortions are going to happen whether it's legal or not, and if it's made illegal then these abortions will become incredibly unsafe and possibly fatal for the mothers. we can't go back to the era of back alley abortions.

You are exactly right on. I had an abortion when I was 18, but because it was illegal in the United States I had to go to Mexico. I was alone in a foreign country, at age 18, having this procedure. It was through a religious organization so I felt confident that I would be safe, but nevertheless...WHY should any female have to go through this?

I know that most of the posters here are males, so I will say that you don't really know what you're talking about, in my opinion, unless you are pro-choice. It's easy to say anything you want about how females should not have abortions, but you guys need to get out of our wombs and STOP the moralizing.

It's none of your business.

Do you want society in your pants, legislating what you do with your private body parts?

How was the abortion illegal in the US but not in Mexico?  That's surprising.
And a religious organization helped you get it?

Yeah that all threw me for a loop as well.

Actually it would have been generally illegal in Mexico as well before 2007, but legal and available are two different things especially if the service was only available to gringos rather than locals who might repent of their sin and be available to implicate the service provider.
MarkD
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #53 on: June 26, 2019, 03:45:54 PM »

(Giving this thread a bump because I wasn't around posting when it was active.)

I get what the OP means, but Roe was already overturned by Planned Parenthood v. Casey. That said, White's dissent was entirely on point.  The Constitution is silent on the issue of when an embryo or fetus becomes a person, and as such the Court had no objective basis for making the decision that it legally is not. Absent an amendment to the Federal Constitution, this is an issue that should have been left to the State legislatures to decide.

It's not up to the Court to decide whether a policy is good or not, whether it is wise or not, or even if it is enforceable or not. The question is whether it is Constitutional or not, and when it comes to such things, I will always lean towards allowing the legislative branch to act absent a clear Constitutional reason it should not.

Yippee! I didn't know this about you, Ernest!
Pages: 1 2 [3]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies