Should I create an alternative to lokcord?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 03:32:44 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  Should I create an alternative to lokcord?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Should I create an alternative to lokcord?
Yes

No and there shouldn't be one

It should be created but you shouldn't be the one to do so

Neutral/Unsure

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 12

Author Topic: Should I create an alternative to lokcord?  (Read 236 times)
BigZuck08
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.13, S: 1.22

P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 08, 2023, 12:58:53 PM »

Lokcord has a pretty high amount of tolerance for insults from certain trolls, and it's driving users away and now Lokcord is starting to feel like Conservacord.

Should I create an alternative to Lokcord with little tolerance for slurs and outright terrible insults and it having a more bipartisan vibe?

Poll closes in 2 days.
No War, but the War on Christmas
iBizzBee
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2023, 03:02:14 PM »

I mean, if you did so, I would certainly join and give it a shot.

Lokcord has become an absolute frat-house for right-wing trolls. Not right-wingers but specifically some of the nastiest types of trolls who wouldn't make it more than a week on this forum.

But I did enjoy the bi-partisan conversation with the majority of right-of-center people on Lokcord until those types started taking over.

So why not?
LAKISYLVANIA
Lakigigar
Atlas Icon
Belgium

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -4.78

P P P
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2023, 04:28:33 PM »

I already created one.
LAKISYLVANIA
Lakigigar
Atlas Icon
Belgium

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2023, 04:34:06 PM »

Lokcord has a pretty high amount of tolerance for insults from certain trolls, and it's driving users away and now Lokcord is starting to feel like Conservacord.

Should I create an alternative to Lokcord with little tolerance for slurs and outright terrible insults and it having a more bipartisan vibe?

Poll closes in 2 days.

Besides if you create one, the first people you would add to such lokcord, would be people you know which would for the most part be... people you know from lokcord or people you know from conservacord.

What does prevent "it" from simply having the same issues as the lokcord you're in now.

That it did feel like conservacord makes a lot of sense. I noticed that. It's why I left.

And because the moderation failed to moderate properly, encouraging more troll attacks that wouldn't last a week on the forums.
BigZuck08
United States

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2023, 04:52:10 PM »

But wasnt that one limited to leftwing users?

Im talking about a bipartisan one that is tougher on trolls
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2023, 08:15:10 PM »

No, all TalkElections-related "cords" should be shut down, and all discussions by this community should take place on this forum and this forum alone.
T'Chenka
King TChenka
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2023, 09:59:48 PM »

The solution to improving LokCord is for center-left and left users to post more. Both the users that are already there and Atlas users joining Discord. People not wanting to join or stay because of right wing trolls is the counter-productive long term.
T'Chenka
King TChenka
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2023, 10:01:08 PM »

No, all TalkElections-related "cords" should be shut down, and all discussions by this community should take place on this forum and this forum alone.

Absolutely not. You're a user that I like a lot and respect a lot, but I couldn't possibly disagree with you more in this instance.
LAKISYLVANIA
Lakigigar
Atlas Icon
Belgium

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2023, 04:09:25 AM »
« Edited: October 09, 2023, 04:16:37 AM by Laki 🇧🇪❤️🇺🇦 »

The solution to improving LokCord is for center-left and left users to post more. Both the users that are already there and Atlas users joining Discord. People not wanting to join or stay because of right wing trolls is the counter-productive long term.

NO! Even Big Zuck admits that the moderation is way too soft.

It needs to be a nice place. I have no issue debating with right-wingers but when every discussion/debate evolves into some kind of insult based on mental capacity, intellectual capacity, sexual capacity, age or whatever way someone tries to hit me, incl. all the unpunished homophobia by comparing LGBTQ community to pedophiles or sex predators.

There's a reason there are barely any left-wingers posting there.

There are a lot of right-wingers i'm cool with, but i'm not joining a server if the sole goal of some of these is to simply attack/insult/bully me whatever way they can, without a moderator taking action (and because there's no moderation, it only happens more & more).

If people show disrespect to me, or any of my friends, than there is no reason to interact with that. There's no way i'll ever change the opinion of those, it only leads to a worse atmosphere that'll lead to more people leaving. I don't use discord with the purpose of being continuously insulted.

I don't know what fairytale-world you live in, but it's definitely not the reality of what's happening in the server and nobody in the moderation cares.

And most left-wingers left long before I left. I just happened to be the most active left-winger there, which is why it of course feels like Conservacord 2.0 because i was the only one giving counterweight to some of those discussions before it now inevitably turned into a rally around the flag/echo chamber discord.
BigZuck08
United States

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2023, 10:50:07 AM »

The public has spoken and I will not be creating a lokcord alternative.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies