Copyrighted Images (PLEASE READ)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 08:31:44 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Copyrighted Images (PLEASE READ)
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Copyrighted Images (PLEASE READ)  (Read 8698 times)
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: May 18, 2019, 10:13:55 AM »

Since Dave had made it very clear that posting copyrighted images is clearly against the ToS, I'll devote some of my time to go through as many threads as I can to see if there's anything to be removed. I'll only remove questionable images, not anything you've written. For posts made before today, there shall be no infraction and any reports are welcome to point me in the right direction. 

However, if someone posts blatantly copyrighted images from this point on, said person shall be infracted accordingly.

Now, I realize it's not always clear if the image is copyrighted, so my prime focus shall be on watermarked pictures. Meanwhile, you're strongly advised to try to use clear sources only, such as the wikimedia commons.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2019, 07:22:17 PM »

I have to ask you guys to refrain from posting any images for now, since the matter must be clarified.
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2019, 11:41:45 AM »
« Edited: November 15, 2019, 11:54:48 AM by True Federalist »

Incidentally, for a picture on the WIkimedia Commons, if you click on the "Use this file on the web" link, you'll be able to get some BBCode you can simply copy and paste, like so:

John Bel Edwards
Richard David Ramsey [CC BY-SA 3.0 (https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0)], via Wikimedia Commons

TRUMAN 58-766-06
National Archives and Records Administration. Office of Presidential Libraries. Harry S. Truman Library. [Public domain], via Wikimedia Commons

It's attribution is a bit more verbose than Kal's minimum standard, but it'll certainly do and requires very little effort since you only need to copy and paste,
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies