Documenting the FL Democratic Party's 20+ year dry spell on a national map (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 02:23:07 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Documenting the FL Democratic Party's 20+ year dry spell on a national map (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Documenting the FL Democratic Party's 20+ year dry spell on a national map  (Read 5261 times)
Lechasseur
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -0.52, S: 3.13

« on: June 01, 2019, 03:38:20 AM »

Jeb and Crist (when he was a Republican) were both personally popular and well-connected.

Did Crist win in 2006 despite the D wave and Nelson winning reelection in a landslide thanks to his and Jeb Bush's popularity or was Davis also a weak candidate?
Lechasseur
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -0.52, S: 3.13

« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2019, 03:45:04 AM »

Yeah, this is an embarrassment. 2018 was definitely winnable, but the Democrats decided to put up a candidate, despite good intentions, out of step with the state. Graham would have won, Levine probably as well. And those pointing out Nelson lost as well, this is true, but he didn't run a strong campaign and Rick Scott, I admit, did so. 2022 will be much tougher, especially if a Democrat is sitting in the Oval Office. 2026 can go either way, obviously too soon to tell.

Agreed, and tbh I think Gillum pulled Nelson down tbh. Had the Democrats won the governor's mansion, Nelson would still be a senator imo (he actually had a higher percentage of the vote than Gillum did).

after the news of Gillum's campaign being under federal investigation, I think it would be fair to say the democrats won't be looking towards him in 2022 (Though it was already unlikely he could beat Desantis or Rubio)

The night Gwen Graham narrowly lost to him in the primary is when I knew the FL Dems’ dry spell would live on for at least another 4 years.

Same. I think I was one of the few people on here that correctly predicted that Gillum would lose. I actually thought Abrams was more likely to win in GA than Gillum was in FL (at the end Abrams did "worse" in terms of raw share of the vote but at anyrate ran a very a good campaign unlike Gillum who I felt would lose).
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies