Top Eric Garcetti aide accused of sexual assault/misconduct
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 06:38:36 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Top Eric Garcetti aide accused of sexual assault/misconduct
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Top Eric Garcetti aide accused of sexual assault/misconduct  (Read 779 times)
Mike Thick
tedbessell
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -6.65, S: -8.26

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 20, 2020, 04:16:30 AM »

CW: Sexual assault, harassment

Journalist Yashar Ali accuses Garcetti advisor Rick Jacobs of sexual misconduct

Freelance journalist Yashar Ali alleged in a first-person article published Monday night that Garcetti advisor Rick Jacobs forcibly kissed him on the lips and hugged him over the course of a decade.

“Jacobs would grab my face and kiss me on the lips — always twice — and he would turn to other people who witnessed it and say, ‘He has the softest lips,’” Ali wrote. He also said that he had “seen Jacobs at fundraisers over the years subjecting others to forcible kissing, grabbing and sexually explicit comments.”

Ali’s allegations, published on the forum Substack, follow a lawsuit filed against the city in July by Los Angeles Police Officer Matthew Garza, who worked on the mayor’s security detail.

Garza alleged that Jacobs made crude sexual comments and touched him inappropriately over several years.

The lawsuit also alleges that “Garcetti was present on approximately half of the occasions when Jacobs behaved in this way, and witnessed Jacobs’ conduct, but he took no action to correct Jacobs’ obviously harassing behavior.”

“On some occasions, the mayor would laugh at Jacobs’ crude comments,” the lawsuit said.

Link to the original Yashar piece, which leaves the impression that there are more shoes to drop.
Senate Minority Leader Lord Voldemort
Joshua
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.52, S: -5.91

« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2020, 05:19:37 PM »

And Garcetti dumped from a Biden event this evening...

NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2020, 05:20:43 PM »

Garcetti should resign.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2020, 05:34:44 PM »

Great news! This should really hurt his chances of getting a cabinet position.
Warren 4 Secretary of Everything
Clinton1996
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -4.70

« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2020, 06:17:17 PM »

... no. Garcetti himself didn’t do anything
Mike Thick
tedbessell
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2020, 06:55:51 PM »

So Garceti didn't "do" anything right? I get that the action of allowing the behavior and not reporting it is repulsive, I just want to make sure that he wasn't doing the actions.

No, just tolerated/tacitly sanctioned. But seems like this is a career-killer either way
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2020, 06:57:27 PM »
« Edited: October 20, 2020, 07:01:02 PM by Josiah Quincy Did Nothing Wrong »

Garcetti should have resigned when he committed an act of political terrorism to defend ****ty cops.

Anyways, hopefully this f***er goes down. The only difference between him and Kyle Rittenhouse is that Rittenhouse succeeded in his goals.
Mike Thick
tedbessell
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2020, 08:05:55 PM »

So Garceti didn't "do" anything right? I get that the action of allowing the behavior and not reporting it is repulsive, I just want to make sure that he wasn't doing the actions.

No, just tolerated/tacitly sanctioned. But seems like this is a career-killer either way
I honestly don't know if it'll end up being one actually. I think if he does the Ralph Northman route he'll have enough time between now and a Senate hearing to be fine. I think if he makes "too big" a deal of this that'll be the real risk for him. Vaguely related information, just because Los Angeles and Biden Admin, the guy who runs LA Metro, the transportation service, is very much attempting to end up as Transportation Secretary, he's pushing polices that're are gonna look good for him, and he's openly spoken about how he's wanting the polices to match Democrat ideas.

I'm not sure I agree with that comparison -- with Northam, status quo is keeping his job. Here Garcetti needs other people to stick their necks out for him, knowing there might be more shoes to drop and it's not going to be hard to make things "resurface" come hearing time.

Probably depends on how much comes out now vs. how much is left to come out by next year, though
TrumpBritt24
Kander2020
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2020, 09:50:55 PM »

B.J. Novak for Mayor!
JerryArkansas
jerryarkansas
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2020, 06:05:06 PM »

Hope this hobbles his ass.  LA mayors have been such sh**t for the past 70 years.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies