KY-Cygnal (R Primary): Bevin +38
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 03:30:59 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections
  2023 & Odd Year Gubernatorial Election Polls (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  KY-Cygnal (R Primary): Bevin +38
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: KY-Cygnal (R Primary): Bevin +38  (Read 832 times)
ON Progressive
OntarioProgressive
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -8.70

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: May 14, 2019, 08:43:13 AM »

Matt Bevin (inc) 56
Robert Goforth 18

Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2019, 09:30:46 AM »

Safe Bevin. It’s going to be fun to see people try to use the D/R primary results as “evidence” that Bevin is super vulnerable.
LoneStarDem
United States
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2019, 02:55:38 PM »

I see the GOP Primary for KY State AG will be intriguing.
One Term Floridian
swamiG

Political Matrix
E: -2.06, S: 3.13

« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2019, 03:20:04 PM »

Safe Bevin. It’s going to be fun to see people try to use the D/R primary results as “evidence” that Bevin is super vulnerable.

I think Bevin is vulnerable but I won’t be reading too much into these results next week. For one thing, there are almost certainly going to be more voters picking up a Dem ballot. If I start seeing posts overstating that like “Zomg majority Dem voters in Kentucky #BlueWave!!1” I’m going to scream
ON Progressive
OntarioProgressive
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -8.70

« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2019, 03:24:54 PM »

I think Bevin is vulnerable but I won’t be reading too much into these results next week. For one thing, there are almost certainly going to be more voters picking up a Dem ballot. If I start seeing posts overstating that like “Zomg majority Dem voters in Kentucky #BlueWave!!1” I’m going to scream

Narrator: there will be
Alben Barkley
KYWildman
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.97, S: -5.74

P P
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2019, 03:38:22 PM »
« Edited: May 15, 2019, 03:42:26 PM by KYWildman »

Bevin is going to lose, but it has nothing to do with the primaries or the number of registered Democrats in the state. It has to do with the fact that he is widely hated in all parts of the state by all kinds of voters, and unlike last time (when both he and Beshear won statewide races), turnout will not be in his favor. The only people strongly motivated to turnout this time will be people who want him gone. Trust me folks, no partisan lean in presidential elections can overpower the sheer hatred Bevin gets from Kentuckians. It’s not like McConnell where the race can be nationalized as voting for Schumer or whatever, which is why even Papa Beshear couldn’t beat him. But Kentuckians last voted for a Democratic governor in 2011, in the midst of the Tea Party movement and in between two landslide losses for Obama in the state. And he won by a massive 20+ point landslide. More than Obama lost by. And he was Andy Beshear’s dad. These smug “Beshear is doomed because Kentucky is nothing but brainwashed hicks” takes from people who know nothing about the state are rather infuriating, frankly.
LoneStarDem
United States
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2019, 03:56:48 PM »

Bevin is going to lose, but it has nothing to do with the primaries or the number of registered Democrats in the state. It has to do with the fact that he is widely hated in all parts of the state by all kinds of voters, and unlike last time (when both he and Beshear won statewide races), turnout will not be in his favor. The only people strongly motivated to turnout this time will be people who want him gone. Trust me folks, no partisan lean in presidential elections can overpower the sheer hatred Bevin gets from Kentuckians. It’s not like McConnell where the race can be nationalized as voting for Schumer or whatever, which is why even Papa Beshear couldn’t beat him. But Kentuckians last voted for a Democratic governor in 2011, in the midst of the Tea Party movement and in between two landslide losses for Obama in the state. And he won by a massive 20+ point landslide. More than Obama lost by. And he was Andy Beshear’s dad. These smug “Beshear is doomed because Kentucky is nothing but brainwashed hicks” takes from people who know nothing about the state are rather infuriating, frankly.

POTUS Trump VP Pence & Senator McConnell will fight like Hell to ensure Bevin wins reelection.
One Term Floridian
swamiG

Political Matrix
E: -2.06, S: 3.13

« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2019, 04:05:29 PM »

Agreed. Atlas needs to understand that Bevin is not running for Senate. The least popular Governor in all the land isn't going to be a shoe-in for re-election by virtue of the R by his name in a state that remains open to electing Democrats. As for Trump, if his rallies couldn't get Fat Pat over the line in a federal race, I doubt they would help Bevin get past his unpopularity in even some of the most pro-Trump parts of eastern KY.
Senator Incitatus
AMB1996
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.06, S: 5.74

« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2019, 04:19:58 PM »

Also worth noting that a huge part of Bevin's general election base is from people who don't vote in Republican Party primaries.
Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.13, S: -0.87

P P P
« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2019, 06:38:46 PM »

Bevin is currently getting 51% of the vote, meaning he is doing worse in real life than he is in a poll with 26% undecided.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies