Multiple ships hit in 'sabotage attack' off UAE coast
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 03:24:28 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Multiple ships hit in 'sabotage attack' off UAE coast
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Multiple ships hit in 'sabotage attack' off UAE coast  (Read 769 times)
Omega21

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: May 13, 2019, 08:05:57 AM »

Personally, smells like a false flag operation aimed at Iran, or it could be just an unrelated event.

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2019/05/uae-ships-subjected-sabotage-east-coast-190512181301401.html

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2019/05/saudi-oil-tankers-sabotaged-ships-uae-coast-190513055332524.html
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2019, 12:16:18 PM »

Personally, smells like a false flag operation aimed at Iran, or it could be just an unrelated event.

Whatever it is, it's the last thing we all need right now.
Omega21

« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2019, 01:38:36 PM »

Looks like something rammed into them, but i also doubt the iranians are responsible, they know what risk the of sinking ships would entail. Also if they really wanted to sink them, they would have succeeded.

Yeah, I also don't think sinking a few commercial ships would be hard for a relatively militarized country, and they are certainly not suicidal.

Whatever it is, it's the last thing we all need right now.

Yeah...

I'm no supporter of oppressive religious regimes, but I still don't want it pinned on Iran, as we all know what would follow...

I believe they are pretty scared, as they realize that this could be a staged attack to warrant further action against them.

Iran's foreign ministry called the incidents "worrisome and dreadful" and asked for an investigation.
urutzizu
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2019, 05:15:27 PM »

The mouthpiece for the Saudi Regime, Arab news, is calling for U.S. Airstrikes against Iran in response to this.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2019, 07:06:15 PM »

The mouthpiece for the Saudi Regime, Arab news, is calling for U.S. Airstrikes against Iran in response to this.

MbS's favorite passtime is playing the Call of Duty, and I'm increasingly under the impression that he sees the world affairs as some computer game one can play without leaving his room.
Paul Weller
HenryWallaceVP
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2019, 09:05:37 PM »

There's no way the Iranians would do this. Even for them, such a move would be disastrously foolish and utterly self-destructive. I wouldn't be surprised if this is another false flag Gulf of Tonkin type incident, but it could also be Iranian proxies like the Houthis.
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2019, 07:33:59 PM »

There's no way the Iranians would do this. Even for them, such a move would be disastrously foolish and utterly self-destructive. I wouldn't be surprised if this is another false flag Gulf of Tonkin type incident, but it could also be Iranian proxies like the Houthis.

I'm not sure how accurate calling Houthis "Iranian proxies" is, but the fact that Saudi Arabia is in the middle of fighting a war with one of its neighbors gets so little coverage when it comes to possible perpetrators of this and other accts on its oil industry is mind-boggling.
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2019, 07:40:02 PM »

I'm not sure how accurate calling Houthis "Iranian proxies" is, but the fact that Saudi Arabia is in the middle of fighting a war with one of its neighbors gets so little coverage when it comes to possible perpetrators of this and other accts on its oil industry is mind-boggling.
Shows you what’s the priorities of the US media.

Anyway, I’m also betting that it’s incredibly likely that the Houthis were the perpetrators, the question now is what if any guidance Iran had in this. While Iran does support the Houthis, they don’t support them the same way as other proxies given the geographic, and political unwillingness to go for Iran. They’re not controlled by the Mullahs or the Sepah in Iran like Hezbollah.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies