2019 KY GOV Megathread, Andy Beshear wins (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 06:42:53 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  2019 KY GOV Megathread, Andy Beshear wins (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Ballot Preference: Which candidate would you vote for?
Bevin (R)

Beshear (D)

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 163

Author Topic: 2019 KY GOV Megathread, Andy Beshear wins  (Read 53835 times)
DaWN
United Kingdom

« on: May 13, 2019, 04:30:39 PM »

No. Unless he goes up on stage and basically insults everyone in the state and says that if reelected he'll make them all pay him $10,000, and lets be honest, if there's any governor in the country that would do that, its him. Otherwise no.
DaWN
United Kingdom

« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2019, 12:02:03 PM »

I'm sure they were sweating about TN-SEN as well
DaWN
United Kingdom

« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2019, 04:39:20 PM »

Oof

'He' is probably Beshear lmao
DaWN
United Kingdom

« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2019, 05:01:06 PM »

Oof

'He' is probably Beshear lmao
Are you seriously trying to spin this?

I mean, it isn't really indicative of anything. Top Republicans were super concerned about TN-Sen last year and we all remember what happened then. I'll at least admit Bevin will win by an embarrassing margin but he won't win. Sorry. I'd save all your hope for JBE who is still in with a very good shot.
DaWN
United Kingdom

« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2019, 05:28:59 AM »

In the defence of those of us who called this Safe R (and sure, we don't have much of one but hear me out), we were (I certainly was at least) approaching this race very logically - polarisation and the urban-rural divide, coupled with basically every election result since the midterms pointing towards both of those things increasing, led to a fairly logical conclusion. It just turned out this wasn't a very logical race and thus produced an illogical outcome.

It does however lead to a new logical conclusion - Democrats can win in red states if they're a moderate with deep ties to the state and they're up against really bad Republican candidates. It was how Manchin won and it was how Beshear won. At least that's how it looks now.

Anyway, just my thoughts on it. I'm going back to looking an election that actually has consequences for me.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies