2019 KY GOV Megathread, Andy Beshear wins
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 10:40:47 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  2019 KY GOV Megathread, Andy Beshear wins
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 ... 36
Poll
Question: Ballot Preference: Which candidate would you vote for?
Bevin (R)

Beshear (D)

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 163

Author Topic: 2019 KY GOV Megathread, Andy Beshear wins  (Read 53164 times)
TrendsareUsuallyReal
TrendsareReal
YaBB God
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #500 on: October 12, 2019, 12:59:47 PM »

Is that because most people are coming to a consensus you don't like?

It seems like Politician thinks that Xingerui, IceSpear and me want Beshear to lose. I can't speak for them, but I definitely don't, and I'd be quite pleased if by some act of God Beshear won. But the reality is that this is Kentucky. We're at the point in this country that Bevin and Trump could probably hold a rally where they insult Kentuckians with incest jokes and missing teeth and Bevin would still win convincingly.
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -5.39

P

« Reply #501 on: October 12, 2019, 01:03:07 PM »

Is that because most people are coming to a consensus you don't like?

It seems like Politician thinks that Xingerui, IceSpear and me want Beshear to lose. I can't speak for them, but I definitely don't, and I'd be quite pleased if by some act of God Beshear won. But the reality is that this is Kentucky. We're at the point in this country that Bevin and Trump could probably hold a rally where they insult Kentuckians with incest jokes and missing teeth and Bevin would still win convincingly.

I mean, I'm fairly sure none of you or me want Bevin to win. I despise Bevin and would love to see Beshear win. But as IceSpear says, when Tom Cotton or Jim Inhofe (people I and presumably he detest) wins nobody acts shocked or anything.
Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.13, S: -0.87

P P P
« Reply #502 on: October 12, 2019, 01:33:43 PM »

No, it's because this thread has become nothing but circlejerking.
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #503 on: October 12, 2019, 01:34:47 PM »

I'm sure you'd be fine with it if everyone was talking about how inevitable Beshear is.
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #504 on: October 12, 2019, 01:46:01 PM »

I'm sure you'd be fine with it if everyone was talking about how inevitable Beshear is.
We have NOT SEEN A PUBLIC POLL of this race in 5 months.

Also, the only people on this joke thread are you, TrendsareReal, IceSpear, xingkerui masturbating.

Thank you for the horrific imagery.
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.48, S: -1.83

« Reply #505 on: October 12, 2019, 01:47:03 PM »

Count me in too, Beshear is going to get beat by high single digits.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #506 on: October 12, 2019, 05:18:52 PM »

Look at it this way: in a few weeks you'll either be able to laugh at and mock all our posts, or recognize that you should've been listening to our "circlejerking" all along. Smiley
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #507 on: October 12, 2019, 05:19:47 PM »

But Republican officials are increasingly expressing optimism about the Kentucky contest. Recently-completed voter modeling conducted by the Republican National Committee showed Bevin leading by 3 percentage points. The results, according to one person familiar with the data, represented a marked improvement for Bevin compared to the committee’s previous findings in the race.

Wow, sounds like the "undecideds" are breaking toward Bevin in a big way. Who ever could've predicted that?! It's not like this same thing has happened over and over again with Democrats polling well early on in crimson red states only to collapse in the final month of the race!

He also did say months before that Beshear had a 10-12% lead in polling early on, but it looks like it's vanished since. Very surprising to see a Democrat hold an early lead in a race in Kentucky only to see it disappear as the race goes on. Very unprecedented.

Yet McGrift can't even lead a year+ in advance. Sad!
TrendsareUsuallyReal
TrendsareReal
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #508 on: October 12, 2019, 10:09:29 PM »

Anyone still want to pretend like Beshear has a chance after tonight? Or is rural KY somehow a lot different from rural LA?
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #509 on: October 12, 2019, 10:14:10 PM »

Anyone still want to pretend like Beshear has a chance after tonight? Or is rural KY somehow a lot different from rural LA?

Well, it's different, but not in the sense the blue Kentucky crowd would like: KY is far more rural than LA.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #510 on: October 12, 2019, 10:17:08 PM »

Beshear's numbers CRATERING among Kentucky's Acadian voters. devastating blow to his campaign
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #511 on: October 12, 2019, 10:17:47 PM »

Well, it's different, but not in the sense the blue Kentucky crowd would like: KY is far more rural than LA.

But what if Beshear releases an ad in which he shoots a TV? Then what? Then what? Then wahhatat?
TrendsareUsuallyReal
TrendsareReal
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #512 on: October 12, 2019, 10:20:02 PM »

Here’s how rural Iowa returns to 2012 levels but Texas is still safe R too while we’re at it...
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #513 on: October 12, 2019, 10:20:18 PM »

The same can be said for Jim Hood. I wouldn't be surprised if we are embarking upon a decades-long drought for Democrats in Kentucky, that will last well into this century.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #514 on: October 12, 2019, 10:20:43 PM »

Beshear's numbers CRATERING among Kentucky's Acadian voters. devastating blow to his campaign

You'll be going down with the ship, huh? Well, I suppose that's an admirable quality.

And yeah, because Dems have faired so much better in Appalachia as opposed to Acadiana, lol.
TrendsareUsuallyReal
TrendsareReal
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #515 on: October 12, 2019, 10:22:59 PM »

The same can be said for Jim Hood. I wouldn't be surprised if we are embarking upon a decades-long drought for Democrats in Kentucky, that will last well into this century.

At least jim Hood has a good cushion of black folks and some suburban areas of the state to fall back on so he could get close. Beshear does not really have anything goin for him outside of Louisville, Lexington and Frankfort
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #516 on: October 12, 2019, 10:31:47 PM »

At least jim Hood has a good cushion of black folks and some suburban areas of the state to fall back on so he could get close. Beshear does not really have anything goin for him outside of Louisville, Lexington and Frankfort

Hood's chances are definitely better than Beshear's, but it's hard to see him actually winning at this point. And Hood is going to collapse in the northeastern foothills, compared to his prior races. It is undeniable that he will be hit in full force by the same trends of polarization as well.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #517 on: October 12, 2019, 10:32:56 PM »

We haven't seen a poll from this race; lately, but if Hood doesn't get 50%; its over.
TrendsareUsuallyReal
TrendsareReal
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #518 on: October 12, 2019, 10:34:31 PM »

Hood's chances are definitely better than Beshear's, but it's hard to see him actually winning at this point. And Hood is going to collapse in the northeastern foothills, compared to his prior races. It is undeniable that he will be hit in full force by the same trends of polarization as well.

The funny thing is that Mississippi seems to be flying so under the radar compared to KY and La so much that Trump might not even hold a rally there. Which may just be the only opening Hood has
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #519 on: October 12, 2019, 10:49:28 PM »

Yeah, if a popular incumbent Democrat who's pro-life might lose in Louisiana, Beshear isn't coming close to winning. My prediction of 54-43 might even be too generous to him.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #520 on: October 12, 2019, 11:00:27 PM »

Yeah, if a popular incumbent Democrat who's pro-life might lose in Louisiana, Beshear isn't coming close to winning. My prediction of 54-43 might even be too generous to him.

Even though the eventual victor is a foregone conclusion, this race will still be interesting to watch to see the eventual margin + the inevitably amazing swing map.
Comrade Funk
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -5.91

P P P

« Reply #521 on: October 12, 2019, 11:05:26 PM »

Beshear losing will dissuade Matt Jones or Rocky Adkins from running, leaving Amy McGrath as the only candidate for Senate. The only consolation will be Schumer's handpicked candidate getting BTFO in embarrassing fashion. Schumer picks his candidates like a weekend MSNBC host who believes the KY Democratic Party want to run on a #resistance platform.
RussFeingoldWasRobbed
Progress96
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -6.26

« Reply #522 on: October 13, 2019, 11:40:33 AM »

Yeah Beshear is definitely losing. How much will depend on what polls we get if any .
Gracile
gracile
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.00, S: -7.65

« Reply #523 on: October 13, 2019, 11:44:12 AM »

Beshear losing will dissuade Matt Jones or Rocky Adkins from running, leaving Amy McGrath as the only candidate for Senate. The only consolation will be Schumer's handpicked candidate getting BTFO in embarrassing fashion. Schumer picks his candidates like a weekend MSNBC host who believes the KY Democratic Party want to run on a #resistance platform.

It's not like Jones or Adkins would have much of a chance against McConnell anyway.
Comrade Funk
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -5.91

P P P

« Reply #524 on: October 13, 2019, 11:55:19 AM »

It's not like Jones or Adkins would have much of a chance against McConnell anyway.
They would have kept margins far closer to like 15 points. McGrath's campaign has shown her to be a fraud. She'll lose by 35.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 ... 36  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies