2019 KY GOV Megathread, Andy Beshear wins
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 11:06:35 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  2019 KY GOV Megathread, Andy Beshear wins
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 ... 36
Poll
Question: Ballot Preference: Which candidate would you vote for?
Bevin (R)

Beshear (D)

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 163

Author Topic: 2019 KY GOV Megathread, Andy Beshear wins  (Read 53169 times)
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #375 on: September 16, 2019, 01:11:21 PM »

IceSpear relying on the most trustworthy source of sociological information about the cultural patterns underlying voting patterns in Appalachia, the YouTube channel PrettyDrunkPeople.

No need to rely on the video, though it's good anecdotal evidence along with my own personal experiences in KY/WV. If you prefer empirical data, feel free to refer to post #370. Wink

By the way I know people who were Gore/Kerry/McCain/Romney voters and not a single one of them is racist

Were they that worried about the coal industry in Portland?
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #376 on: September 16, 2019, 01:14:16 PM »

IceSpear relying on the most trustworthy source of sociological information about the cultural patterns underlying voting patterns in Appalachia, the YouTube channel PrettyDrunkPeople.

No need to rely on the video, though it's good anecdotal evidence along with my own personal experiences in KY/WV. If you prefer empirical data, feel free to refer to post #370. Wink

By the way I know people who were Gore/Kerry/McCain/Romney voters and not a single one of them is racist

Um no they just liked McCain a lot(they would have voted for Hillary though ) and thought Obama did a bad job as President .

DINGO Joe
dingojoe
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #377 on: September 16, 2019, 01:29:33 PM »

Um no they just liked McCain a lot(they would have voted for Hillary though ) and thought Obama did a bad job as President .

What part of KY did they live in?
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #378 on: September 16, 2019, 01:32:12 PM »

They live in Portland Suburbs but I was giving an example of why you can’t call someone racist just for that type of voting record
Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.13, S: -0.87

P P P
« Reply #379 on: September 16, 2019, 01:35:26 PM »
« Edited: September 16, 2019, 01:40:29 PM by Politician »

They live in Portland Suburbs but I was giving an example of why you can’t call someone racist just for that type of voting record
Funnily enough there are 3 Gore/Kerry/McCain/Romney/Clinton towns in Massachusetts.

IceSpear: "Kerry/McCain voters are all racists!"

Also IceSpear: "Romney/Clinton voters can't be racist!"
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #380 on: September 16, 2019, 01:38:28 PM »

Funnily enough there are 3 Gore/Kerry/McCain/Romney/Clinton counties in Massachusetts.

Uh, what? Democrats have won every county in Massachusetts since 1992.
Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #381 on: September 16, 2019, 01:40:17 PM »

Funnily enough there are 3 Gore/Kerry/McCain/Romney/Clinton counties in Massachusetts.

*Towns, my bad.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #382 on: September 16, 2019, 01:43:35 PM »

*Towns, my bad.

1) In that case there's the obvious home state effect of Kerry/Romney to take into account. If McCain and Romney and/or their VPs were from Appalachia maybe you'd have a point.

2) I doubt the swings were anywhere near the level of Appalachia.

3) Even if they were, yes, racists exist in Massachusetts as well. Just not anywhere near as much as there are in Appalachia.
TrendsareUsuallyReal
TrendsareReal
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #383 on: September 16, 2019, 01:55:45 PM »

I swear some of you have never even been to Appalachia or rural America at all, let alone spend much time there. I’m sure all the people proudly displaying their Confederate flags in Union states are just doing it out of heritage and definitely not racism.
Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #384 on: September 16, 2019, 02:02:04 PM »

I swear some of you have never even been to Appalachia or rural America at all, let alone spend much time there. I’m sure all the people proudly displaying their Confederate flags in Union states are just doing it out of heritage and definitely not racism.
Ok then, tell me more about your experience in rural America.
TrendsareUsuallyReal
TrendsareReal
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #385 on: September 16, 2019, 02:06:48 PM »

The morning after Obama won in 2008, teammates of mine on my football team thought it would be hilarious to wear towels on their heads to school the next morning because they were adamant he would impose Sharia Law. There’s plenty of these examples, but not sure if they’re safe for work Wink
Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #386 on: September 16, 2019, 02:07:11 PM »

The morning after Obama won in 2008, teammates of mine on my football team thought it would be hilarious to wear towels on their heads to school the next morning because they were adamant he would impose Sharia Law. There’s plenty of these examples, but not sure if they’re safe for work Wink
You literally live in San Antonio lmao
TrendsareUsuallyReal
TrendsareReal
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #387 on: September 16, 2019, 02:08:48 PM »

You literally live in San Antonio lmao

It’s called growing up and moving the hell out of there dude
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #388 on: September 16, 2019, 02:12:21 PM »

Do multiple members of my extended (thankfully) family in rural Kentucky calling Obama a n!gger count? I'm sure they'd be won over if only Dems talked more about Smiley kitchen table issues Smiley and #populism Purple heart
DINGO Joe
dingojoe
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #389 on: September 16, 2019, 02:25:44 PM »

This showed up in my in my newsfeed one day.  In the proud tradition of the war on poverty, the ARC, JFK, Rockefeller, her Catholic church, etc... one Virginia college girl would go on service trips to WV each summer.  Why she won't be going back.

https://www.cavalierdaily.com/article/2019/05/my-service-trip-to-west-virginia-raises-ethical-questions
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #390 on: September 16, 2019, 02:33:40 PM »

This showed up in my in my newsfeed one day.  In the proud tradition of the war on poverty, the ARC, JFK, Rockefeller, her Catholic church, etc... one Virginia college girl would go on service trips to WV each summer.  Why she won't be going back.

https://www.cavalierdaily.com/article/2019/05/my-service-trip-to-west-virginia-raises-ethical-questions

Confederate flags hang from the front porches of houses and private businesses that we drive past. One project team even stumbled upon a room full of Nazi paraphernalia in the house they were assigned.

LOL. But again, I'm sure Atlas posters from CA/IL/MA/OR who have never been to Appalachia know better than the people who actually have.

I bet the guy with the Nazi paraphernalia would vote Beshear. Cheesy
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.48, S: -1.83

« Reply #391 on: September 16, 2019, 03:44:45 PM »

Reason number 728,393 Bevin should lose

ElectionsGuy
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: 7.10, S: -7.65

P P
« Reply #392 on: September 16, 2019, 03:48:30 PM »

Beshear: *doom and gloom music*
Bevin: Guitar riffs Smiley
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #393 on: September 16, 2019, 04:14:14 PM »

"would allow illegal immigrants to swarm our state"

Yeah, clearly Republicans do well in KY/WV because they totally talk about "real issues" and are "in touch" with rural whites. Smiley
TrendsareUsuallyReal
TrendsareReal
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #394 on: September 16, 2019, 04:28:39 PM »

Yeah, clearly Republicans do well in KY/WV because they totally talk about "real issues" and are "in touch" with rural whites. Smiley

Yeah, I stand corrected. Republicans definitely aren't appealing to subconscious racism in this ad at all.

This is the kind of pocketbook stuff Mr. Computer was telling me about.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #395 on: September 16, 2019, 04:34:32 PM »

Yeah, I stand corrected. Republicans definitely aren't appealing to subconscious racism in this ad at all.

There's nothing "subconscious" about it, lol.

This ad and the eventual Trump rallies will whip the frothing Racist KY Hicks into a frenzy and devastate Beshear. His October collapse will rival and perhaps even surpass Bredesen's.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #396 on: September 16, 2019, 05:48:48 PM »

There's nothing "subconscious" about it, lol.

This ad and the eventual Trump rallies will whip the frothing Racist KY Hicks into a frenzy and devastate Beshear. His October collapse will rival and perhaps even surpass Bredesen's.

You had almost all the candidates on the Democratic side raise their hands in support of decriminalizing illegal crossings aka open borders(Biden was the exception). So Democrats first started to alienate these voters by going in a super anti coal direction over the past 20 years , and now are advocating crazy policies on immigration as well which alienates even more voters. Again though even then this is a very minor issue compared to coal for these voters.

Now here's the thing you might not think coal should be saved and you might think the government should do all it can to kill it, but then dont get so upset and then call voters in areas that benefit from coal racist.
TrendsareUsuallyReal
TrendsareReal
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #397 on: September 16, 2019, 05:52:17 PM »

Because the place every immigrant that comes to America wants to go is Kentucky right
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #398 on: September 16, 2019, 06:03:04 PM »

Because the place every immigrant that comes to America wants to go is Kentucky right

That is not what I said, stop strawmanning my posts
TrendsareUsuallyReal
TrendsareReal
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #399 on: September 16, 2019, 06:08:31 PM »

You literally spent the last 24 hours arguing that racism has little to nothing to do with Republicans huge gains in Kentucky/Appalachia and then literally the next day Bevin releases a pretty racist ad designed to get Kentuckians riled up over the imaginary “illegal job stealers and rapists” that will pour into Kentucky if Beshear wins. Lmao you can’t even make this stuff up 😂
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 ... 36  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies