Can Someone Please Explain Who The Heck Wagner/Casey Voters Were? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 12:36:06 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Can Someone Please Explain Who The Heck Wagner/Casey Voters Were? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Can Someone Please Explain Who The Heck Wagner/Casey Voters Were?  (Read 876 times)
Senator Incitatus
AMB1996
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.06, S: 5.74

« on: May 11, 2019, 08:51:28 AM »

Catholics who vote primarily based on abortion

But Wagner and Barletta are much more pro life than both Casey and Wolf by miles.

In addition to Mizzouian's point about Democratic-leaning Catholics, they could also be making the same calculus that I make regarding JBE if they're single-issue voters. Sure, his opponent is probably an even stronger opponent of abortion, but having an anti-abortion Democrat is significantly more valuable to the national movement than just another anti-abortion Republican. It shows that abortion is opposed in both parties, which increases the credibility of the argument against it, and it also preserves some hope that the issue can be raised above partisanship once again.
Senator Incitatus
AMB1996
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2019, 02:08:41 PM »

Waste of a lot of characters. Other challenges to the anti-abortion movement's image don't have anything to do with whether this is a way to gain credibility.
Senator Incitatus
AMB1996
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2019, 11:31:11 PM »

Waste of a lot of characters. Other challenges to the anti-abortion movement's image don't have anything to do with whether this is a way to gain credibility.

Sure it does, no one cares whether there are a few token pro-life Democrats or not, even most pro-lifers know that Tongue  And that will remain the case until the aforementioned issues are addressed.

I literally just told you I care. Guess some people are just here to bang their heads against the wall. Not for me; I won't be responding to this thread further.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies