I'm moving to a quieter region; any suggestions?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 02:27:50 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  I'm moving to a quieter region; any suggestions?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: I'm moving to a quieter region; any suggestions?  (Read 1639 times)
Q
QQQQQQ

Political Matrix
E: 2.26, S: -4.88

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: November 21, 2005, 07:54:18 PM »

It's bad enough to have over 10 initiatives a month to digest of late in the Southeast, but it looks like we're about to get a whole slew of new offices placed up for a vote.

You can just abstain or not vote on these.  There's no need to worry yourself on each vote if you're not interested.  It's not really all that taxing to educate yourself on these votes anyway, is it?

I'm with you Ernest.  I'm sorry that I made it so easy to propose resolutions when I wrote the original Southeastern Constitution. I won't leave my home or the region that both of us Governor once upon a time, but I share in your grief and sorrow for what the activitists (those obsessed with forum activity) have done to us.

What's wrong with allowing for greater participation in the political process?  If a citizen can come up with a well-writen piece of legislation, what's wrong with putting it up for a vote?
Bleeding heart conservative, HTMLdon
htmldon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.03, S: -2.26

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #26 on: November 22, 2005, 01:41:33 AM »

It's bad enough to have over 10 initiatives a month to digest of late in the Southeast, but it looks like we're about to get a whole slew of new offices placed up for a vote.

You can just abstain or not vote on these.  There's no need to worry yourself on each vote if you're not interested.  It's not really all that taxing to educate yourself on these votes anyway, is it?

I'm with you Ernest.  I'm sorry that I made it so easy to propose resolutions when I wrote the original Southeastern Constitution. I won't leave my home or the region that both of us Governor once upon a time, but I share in your grief and sorrow for what the activitists (those obsessed with forum activity) have done to us.

What's wrong with allowing for greater participation in the political process?  If a citizen can come up with a well-writen piece of legislation, what's wrong with putting it up for a vote?

Its just too much.  One or two initatives is fine.  I'll remind you that Ernest and I proposed a few in our day, long before Atlasia became a full-time job.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies