11 year old rape victim forced to carry to term thanks to Ohio law.
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 16, 2024, 06:31:00 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  11 year old rape victim forced to carry to term thanks to Ohio law.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 ... 22
Author Topic: 11 year old rape victim forced to carry to term thanks to Ohio law.  (Read 24397 times)
Pouring Rain and Blairing Music
Fubart Solman
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #275 on: May 13, 2019, 03:03:35 PM »

An 11-year old who is pregnant is likely on the more mature side physiologically and anatomically for her age, but of course a medical determination of the risks must be made in each individual case.   So the medical specifics guide what's permissible, but with the conviction that if it's possible to protect the health of the young mother, it's always better to protect the life growing inside her, for her own sake as well, and support her with everything she needs during her pregnancy and birth. Giving birth can be an affirmation of life and hope in the face of grave injustice; abortion compounds the tragedy.

One of the single most disgusting things I have read on this site, especially the parts that I emphasized. I’m not even going to dignify it with my usual trolling reply.

I am pro-life, but some of the stuff in this thread is too far and delusional.

I’ll be perfectly honest. I don’t like the idea of abortion. “Safe, legal, and rare” describes my mind set. I would like to see better sex ed and more available birth control to reduce the likelihood of accidents, but there are some cases (rape of an 11 year old or ectopic pregnancies, for example), where there isn’t any better solution and that solution should be available, no questions asked.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #276 on: May 13, 2019, 03:48:31 PM »

An 11-year old who is pregnant is likely on the more mature side physiologically and anatomically for her age, but of course a medical determination of the risks must be made in each individual case.   So the medical specifics guide what's permissible, but with the conviction that if it's possible to protect the health of the young mother, it's always better to protect the life growing inside her, for her own sake as well, and support her with everything she needs during her pregnancy and birth. Giving birth can be an affirmation of life and hope in the face of grave injustice; abortion compounds the tragedy.

One of the single most disgusting things I have read on this site, especially the parts that I emphasized. I’m not even going to dignify it with my usual trolling reply.

How is any of that disgusting?
You think abortion is less disgusting?

It's less disgusting than your post basically saying that a rape baby is an affirmation of hope. That is truly sickening and the lowest I've seen anyone stoop while posting on this board.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #277 on: May 13, 2019, 04:04:37 PM »

It's less disgusting than your post basically saying that a rape baby is an affirmation of hope. That is truly sickening and the lowest I've seen anyone stoop while posting on this board.

I think calling someone a "rape baby" in order to devalue them is pretty disgusting myself.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #278 on: May 13, 2019, 04:19:52 PM »

I think calling someone a "rape baby" in order to devalue them is pretty disgusting myself.

I'm sorry to have offended you. It's not every day that someone is blessed with a baby after they get raped, so let's rejoice! Hallelujah! Praise Jesus! /sarc

Calling a pregnancy that is the result of a rape an affirmation of hope is absurd.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #279 on: May 13, 2019, 04:41:43 PM »

The ironic thing is that Antiabortion people keep telling themselves they just think pro-choice people are misguided and that pro-choice people think they are evil.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #280 on: May 13, 2019, 05:02:16 PM »

Imagine growing up knowing that your life was the product of your daddy raping your mommy while she was in fifth grade.  Or not knowing because your family chose to lie to you your whole life instead.

Heartwarming stuff.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix

« Reply #281 on: May 13, 2019, 05:17:22 PM »

Imagine growing up knowing that your life was the product of your daddy raping your mommy while she was in fifth grade.  Or not knowing because your family chose to lie to you your whole life instead.

Heartwarming stuff.

Imagine being told by a bunch of woke people it'd be better if you were killed in the womb.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #282 on: May 13, 2019, 05:23:38 PM »

Heartwarming stuff.

Imagine being told by a bunch of woke people it'd be better if you were killed in the womb.

Imagine if you actually understood how sick and twisted your logic is.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #283 on: May 13, 2019, 07:02:53 PM »

Heartwarming stuff.

Well there’s a way for that not to happen.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #284 on: May 13, 2019, 07:14:08 PM »

Heartwarming stuff.

No...?  Why would anybody ever say that?  Is this what you think being pro-choice is about?
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #285 on: May 13, 2019, 08:46:34 PM »
« Edited: May 13, 2019, 09:08:12 PM by Edgar Suit Larry »

Imagine growing up knowing that your life was the product of your daddy raping your mommy while she was in fifth grade.  Or not knowing because your family chose to lie to you your whole life instead.

Heartwarming stuff.

No...?  Why would anybody ever say that?  Is this what you think being pro-choice is about?
[sarc]
[/sarc]
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix

« Reply #286 on: May 13, 2019, 09:41:49 PM »

Heartwarming stuff.

No...?  Why would anybody ever say that?  Is this what you think being pro-choice is about?

Then what is the point of your sarcasm about it being "heartwarming" that such a child would be given the chance to live?
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #287 on: May 13, 2019, 09:51:05 PM »

Heartwarming stuff.

Then what is the point of your sarcasm about it being "heartwarming" that such a child would be given the chance to live?

There's no guarantee that such a child would live after birth. Who is to say that the mother wouldn't harm the baby out of rage over being forced to give birth to it or just subject it to years and years of abuse?
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix

« Reply #288 on: May 13, 2019, 10:18:23 PM »

Heartwarming stuff.

There's no guarantee that such a child would live after birth. Who is to say that the mother wouldn't harm the baby out of rage over being forced to give birth to it or just subject it to years and years of abuse?

There are never any guarantees.  But why have such a low opinion of a sexual assault survivor as to assume that is all they are capable of?
If she doesn't feel able to raise the child herself, there are many people who would gladly give the child a loving home.
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #289 on: May 13, 2019, 10:25:21 PM »

What the actual f--k?
I certainly know that when I give birth as an 11 year old girl rape victim from time to time, as one does, that I feel so affirmed and hopeful that I immediately pencil the next one into my calendar.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #290 on: May 13, 2019, 10:26:50 PM »

Heartwarming stuff.

There are never any guarantees.  But why have such a low opinion of a sexual assault survivor as to assume that is all they are capable of?
If she doesn't feel able to raise the child herself, there are many people who would gladly give the child a loving home.

It's not a low opinion, it's an acknowledgement of reality. In that situation a victim isn't going to necessarily operate in a normal mental state.

It's really interesting that you are so passionate about this. Must be personal for you. It's just very interesting and I should leave it at that.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #291 on: May 13, 2019, 10:42:55 PM »

Nope. The other awful sentences may be outshine this one, but no pro choice person, and many people who are generally anti-abortion as well, are going to take issue with this sentence.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix

« Reply #292 on: May 13, 2019, 10:50:36 PM »

Nope. The other awful sentences may be outshine this one, but no pro choice person, and many people who are generally anti-abortion as well, are going to take issue with this sentence.

I'm not sure what you are trying to say.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #293 on: May 13, 2019, 10:54:05 PM »

That I don't agree with the bolded part, and I don't think most other people would either. Protecting "the life inside her," if that's what you insist on calling it, it orders of magnitude less important than the welfare of the 11-year-old child.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix

« Reply #294 on: May 13, 2019, 11:41:32 PM »

That I don't agree with the bolded part, and I don't think most other people would either. Protecting "the life inside her," if that's what you insist on calling it, it orders of magnitude less important than the welfare of the 11-year-old child.

It seems like maybe you are taking the bolded part out of the context in such a way as to completely ignore what comes before and after it, thus missing the entire point.   And I don't know in what way "the life growing inside her" could possibly be an inaccurate description.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #295 on: May 13, 2019, 11:48:20 PM »

Imagine growing up knowing that your life was the product of your daddy raping your mommy while she was in fifth grade.  Or not knowing because your family chose to lie to you your whole life instead.

Heartwarming stuff.

No...?  Why would anybody ever say that?  Is this what you think being pro-choice is about?

I was putting myself in the lose-lose existential crisis that being an adult that was once a baby conceived by rape would inevitably create.  How much therapy would solve that?  I wouldn't be surprised if severe depression and suicide were common threats to such a person.

You, for some reason, argued that the pro-choice crowd would be happy to inform this same person that yeah, it absolutely would be better if they'd been aborted.  You do realize that basically everybody in the pro-choice camp (excluding the eugenics assholes) is theoretically supportive of every mother's decision whether or not to abort?
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #296 on: May 13, 2019, 11:52:56 PM »
« Edited: May 14, 2019, 10:09:30 AM by NYGurl »

Man, this thread really is the worst.  Like, has anybody changed their minds on any of this, at all?

I actually do understand the pro-life position, even when it comes to a fifth grader being raped, but there's no way in hell I'm going to agree with it.

If you believe in a god that chooses to create a miracle of life out of an incident of violence, lust, hate, pain and fear, then you do you, and you can keep it.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix

« Reply #297 on: May 14, 2019, 12:05:02 AM »

Heartwarming stuff.

I was putting myself in the lose-lose existential crisis that being an adult that was once a baby conceived by rape would inevitably create.  How much therapy would solve that?  I wouldn't be surprised if severe depression and suicide were common threats to such a person.

You, for some reason, argued that the pro-choice crowd would be happy to inform this same person that yeah, it absolutely would be better if they'd been aborted.  You do realize that basically everybody in the pro-choice camp (excluding the eugenics assholes) is theoretically supportive of every mother's decision whether or not to abort?

Theoretically supportive.   In practice, in many circumstances they assume abortion is the way to go.  It's  all over this thread.
I heard it from the feminist staff at the women's shelter where I once interned:  "Such a shame that she took that money her ex gave her for the abortion and spent it on clothes for her kids."
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #298 on: May 14, 2019, 12:16:02 AM »

You, for some reason, argued that the pro-choice crowd would be happy to inform this same person that yeah, it absolutely would be better if they'd been aborted.  You do realize that basically everybody in the pro-choice camp (excluding the eugenics assholes) is theoretically supportive of every mother's decision whether or not to abort?

Theoretically supportive.   In practice, in many circumstances they assume abortion is the way to go.  It's  all over this thread.

The assumption is there because the specific circumstances make it seem like the obvious solution.  An eleven year-old girl was raped.  To most anybody the solution is absolutely obvious... but if she and the family had freely decided to keep it, I assure you the pro-choice crowd would be supportive and accepting (not that it has anything to do with anybody else at all but them).  Hence why it's "pro-choice", and not "pro-death" as some on the other side like to say.
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #299 on: May 14, 2019, 12:20:56 AM »

Heartwarming stuff.

See, I can easily imagine myself, even at age 62, dropping everything if that 11 year old were my granddaughter, raising her, caring for her, and caring for her daughter as well.  Teaching her to walk with God through all of this, to learn that the Joy of the Lord is her strength (as, indeed, it is for everyone, whether they know it or not).  "“But as for you, ye thought evil against me; but God meant it unto good, to bring to pass, as it is this day, to save much people alive.”  (Genesis 50:20)

Would the road be hard?  Of course it would be hard for an 11 year old girl in that situation.  Would it be harder for an 11 year old with Spina Bifida?  Would it be harder for an 11 year old who is suddenly blinded?  I don't really know if those paths are harder or not; none of them are paths I would wish for myself, or for those I love.  (Or for anyone, truthfully.)  The question is what does God expect a parent of a child in such a situation to do?

My children are all boys, but my grandchildren are all girls.  I would not be ashamed of my 11 year old granddaughter in the least, nor would I be ashamed of my grandchild, no matter who the biological father was.  They would know the love of myself and my wife as long as we live and the memory of our love all their days.  Furthermore, they would know the Love of God because we would not fail to introduce them to a God that would never leave them, would always be there for them, and would never fail them.  

Many here speak of this 11 year old child giving birth as something awful.  Certainly an 11 year old child being raped and impregnated is awful; it is something that should never happen.  But when she's 22, would I want this child, if she were my granddaughter, to come to me crying and say, "Grandpa, why did you let me kill my baby?"  People act as if that's not an option; the person having an abortion suffering unbearable and traumatizing guilt years after the fact, but it certainly happens, and it happens much more than the pro-choice crowd wishes to believe.

I believe that through God, all things are possible.  I believe in a God that makes the crooked paths straight.  I don't believe in Utopia this side of Heaven, but I do very much believe in a God whose Grace is sufficient for every person in every situation.  The alternative here is to say of the unborn child "Let's have the abortion and get it over with."  The alternative here is to say to the 11 year old having the abortion "Once this is over, you can get on with your life."  I hope to never have to see any of my granddaughters (or any 11 year old girl, period, for that matter) in this terrible situation.  But ONLY through God can there be a good ending to something like this.

I'm sure that some here will think me ridiculous.  I really don't care.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 ... 22  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies