LA-JMC: Edwards leads, tons of undecideds
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 07:19:51 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections
  2023 & Odd Year Gubernatorial Election Polls (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  LA-JMC: Edwards leads, tons of undecideds
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: LA-JMC: Edwards leads, tons of undecideds  (Read 5617 times)
junior chįmp
Mondale_was_an_insidejob
Junior Chimp
Croatia
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: May 20, 2019, 02:57:56 PM »

Edwards would of won whether or not he signed this heartbeat bill. The vast majority of LA voters could care less about his position on anything

Not sure. Even more - absolutely convinced, that it's not so. He would instantly become excellent target for Republicans as "baby killers apprentice" had he not signed. And most people in Louisiana would tend to agree - outside of majority Black areas (and frequently - there, too, except on pure economic issues) state is VERY conservative. That's why i believe Louisiana legislature will see some more Republican gains in this year elections..

Kathleen Blanco signed anti-abortion legislation as governor and still lost to Jindal
LoneStarDem
United States
« Reply #51 on: May 20, 2019, 03:24:35 PM »

Edwards would of won whether or not he signed this heartbeat bill. The vast majority of LA voters could care less about his position on anything

Not sure. Even more - absolutely convinced, that it's not so. He would instantly become excellent target for Republicans as "baby killers apprentice" had he not signed. And most people in Louisiana would tend to agree - outside of majority Black areas (and frequently - there, too, except on pure economic issues) state is VERY conservative. That's why i believe Louisiana legislature will see some more Republican gains in this year elections..

Kathleen Blanco signed anti-abortion legislation as governor and still lost to Jindal

You do realize that Blanco did NOT seek reelection in 2007 right ?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kathleen_Blanco
junior chįmp
Mondale_was_an_insidejob
Junior Chimp
Croatia
« Reply #52 on: May 20, 2019, 03:26:43 PM »

You do realize that Blanco did NOT seek reelection in 2007 right ?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kathleen_Blanco

If you re read my post....obviously not.
LoneStarDem
United States
« Reply #53 on: May 20, 2019, 03:38:42 PM »

The LA Dems haven't been the same since Hurricane Katrina or the fallout of EWE's 4th term, which was hampered by corruption scandals either.

Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #54 on: May 20, 2019, 04:01:32 PM »

Edwards is a smart campaigner, I think he holds on.

He is probably the only Louisiana Democrat who can win, post-Katrina.

Mary Landrieu won reelection in 2008 because black voters turned out for her and Obama.

LoneStarDem
United States
« Reply #55 on: May 20, 2019, 09:27:17 PM »

I still think LA Dems need to

1.) Recruit stronger candidates to seek statewide office (Big City Mayors, State lawmakers, etc.,)

2.) Plan a 20-30+ year strategy & stay with it.
smoltchanov
Junior Chimp
Russian Federation

« Reply #56 on: May 21, 2019, 09:48:28 AM »

She never lost.
smoltchanov
Junior Chimp
Russian Federation

« Reply #57 on: May 21, 2019, 09:50:07 AM »

1.) Recruit stronger candidates to seek statewide office (Big City Mayors, State lawmakers, etc.,)

Essentially - that's true for Democrats in almost all red states...
LoneStarDem
United States
« Reply #58 on: May 21, 2019, 03:54:08 PM »

Essentially - that's true for Democrats in almost all red states...

NC Dems appear to be taking pages out of the VA Dems playbook in making a comeback (pre-Northam, Fairfax & Herring).
Frozen Sky Ever Why
ShadowOfTheWave
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #59 on: November 18, 2019, 03:30:37 PM »

You really are a creepy individual, constantly spending your time searching others past comments. I gave you credit for being right in the other thread, but apparently your life is so unfulfilling you need get your fix in regardless.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies