4 Years of Biden: Now what.. POSTING THREAD
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 10:42:26 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  4 Years of Biden: Now what.. POSTING THREAD
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 [11]
Author Topic: 4 Years of Biden: Now what.. POSTING THREAD  (Read 13680 times)
VirginiaAaron
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -1.57

P P P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #250 on: July 01, 2019, 08:54:09 AM »

2024 Democratic Convention

The Democratic convention is in full swing. With a large set of politicians all over the country throwing their support behind Attorney General Doug Jones. 4 years ago, the stage was Biden mania. People did not expect in 2020 to see the then-Alabama Senator become the Democratic nominee 4 years later. Day 1, the remaining states that did not have primaries/caucuses before the convention will decide how they'll cast their vote for, on day 2 the first vote will be held. If nobody receives a majority on the first ballot, the Superdelegates will cast their vote in the second ballot. Senator Jones needs a total of 2,266 delegates to win the nomination. Jones is 892 delegates short of the nomination. If the remaining states back Jones (which they are expected to) he'll grab the nomination on the first ballot. But if only a few delegates switch and back Senator Gillibrand or one of the dropped out candidates, nobody will receive a majority. However, Jones has gotten closer with the Superdelegates and getting their endorsement in the final months. After day 2, Jones will announce who his Vice Presidential pick is, and give his acceptance speech. Day 3, the Vice Presidential pick will give their acceptance speech. On day 4, President Biden will give a speech, and day 5 Vice President Klobuchar will give a speech.

OWNER ANNOUNCEMENT: After the Democratic convention, the game is going on pause. The person playing as Ron DeSantis is on a long vacation in Montana, without internet or cell service. I think he said he'll be back on July 16, which is when the game will resume. Have a nice two weeks or so.

Photo credit: https://www.cnn.com/2016/07/28/opinions/iconic-moment-obama-clinton-ben-ghiat/index.html
VirginiaAaron
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #251 on: July 06, 2019, 08:04:39 AM »

JONES TAKES IT ON THE FIRST BALLOT

The delegates and superdelegates have spoken, and they have spoken clearly. Attorney General and former Alabama Senator Doug Jones has easily taken the Democratic nomination for president on the first ballot. Jones took every available delegate and almost every superdelegate on the first ballot. Here's the breakdown:

Attorney General Doug Jones ✔: 3,193
New York Senator Kirsten Gillibrand: 848
Montana Senator Steve Bullock: 743
Hawaii Senator Tulsi Gabbard: 491
Former Arizona Senator Mark Kelly: 15
Georgia Senator Stacey Abrams: 6
VirginiaAaron
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #252 on: July 13, 2019, 02:51:33 PM »

Alright, so I don't want this game to die. But if it does, there's nothing I can do about it. I'll give the person playing as Doug Jones another week or so to give his convention speech. If he doesn't respond in a week I'll just release the already decided election results.
VirginiaAaron
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #253 on: July 15, 2019, 09:28:20 PM »

Yeah, so I'm calling it. RIP 4 YEARS OF BIDEN: NOW WHAT..

Just so everyone knows, I'm not posting in-depth results. But DeSantis wins the presidency narrowly.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 [11]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies