4 Years of Biden: Now what.. POSTING THREAD
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 07:30:49 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  4 Years of Biden: Now what.. POSTING THREAD
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11
Author Topic: 4 Years of Biden: Now what.. POSTING THREAD  (Read 13677 times)
VirginiaAaron
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -1.57

P P P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #225 on: June 14, 2019, 02:18:12 PM »

Sorry, it is. You could speak to one of the leading Democrats or Ron DeSantis to play as a VP candidate
MycroftCZ

« Reply #226 on: June 14, 2019, 02:21:31 PM »

Doug Jones Ad #8: "Let's Go"
Run Nationwide

Folks, this primary campaign is in its homestretch and we Democrats need to come together.

All across this country, you've turned out to voice your support for the direction you want our party and our country to go.

Now, we need to get moving into the general election campaign, ready to fight for our shared values and our hopes for the future.

If I am lucky enough to be the nominee, I will fight my hardest to make sure that we win this election, not just for our party, but to make sure that we have a future where everyone is treated fairly.

We need to keep the extremists out of Washington and get back to a politics where we get along and compromise isn't a dirty word.

So, my fellow Americans, let's start working together again, win this election, and take our coutry to a higher ground.

Let's go.

I'm Doug Jones and I approve this message.
NyIndy

Political Matrix
E: 0.25, S: -3.15

« Reply #227 on: June 14, 2019, 02:55:56 PM »

Gillibrand AD: Never Give Up
To air in AK & Northeastern Primary States

When we come together as Americans, we can do great things.

I know this first hand, as the first time I ran for Congress in 2006, a district with twice as many Republicans came together to support my candidacy and send me to Washington.

I gave my district honesty and transparency, and they gave me their trust to represent them in Washington.

When I promise something, I don't run from it, I mean it. No PACs, no corporate donations, just the American people.
VirginiaAaron
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #228 on: June 14, 2019, 04:23:43 PM »

DeSantis Veepstakes

Now that the general election is underway, at least for Republicans, lots of attention has been directed towards the question of who DeSantis will make his No. 2 for the campaign ahead, and her choice to be Vice President. The last Republican nominee for Vice President was Governor Mike Pence of Indiana. The DeSantis campaign is certainly looking for somebody more effective. Most people suspect that Missouri Senator Josh Hawley will be picked for Vice President.

The Conservatives:

Josh Hawley
Senator Josh Hawley of Missouri is certainly the consensus choice among conservative Republicans. The Senator is an icon for millions of Americans, and despite his primary defeat, remains very popular, not only among Republicans but in the country at large. Picking Hawley to be Vice President would be a big help to conservative and moderate white turnout, and would be a great help in uniting the party behind his candidacy. DeSantis and Hawley have largely mended wounds created in the primary, with Hawley endorsing DeSantis.

Mike Braun
Senator Mike Braun of Indiana is certainly the consensus choice among populous conservatives. Picking Braun to be Vice President would be a big help in the midwest and blue collar workers. Braun is very popular in Indiana but is up for re-election, so if DeSantis loses, Braun will be out of a job.

The Moderates:

Nikki Haley
Former UN Ambassador Nikki Haley of South Carolina is certainly the consensus choice among minorities and moderate Republicans. Picking Haley to be Vice President would be a big help in the moderate women and Biden Republicans.

Elise Stefanik
Representative Elise Stefanik of New York is certainly the consensus choice among moderates and suburban women. Picking Stefanik to be Vice President would be a big help in the northeast. Stefanik is very popular among Republicans, and her district, NY-21, but is up for re-election, so if DeSantis loses, Stefanik will be out of a job.
VirginiaAaron
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #229 on: June 15, 2019, 02:28:41 PM »

Jones Veepstakes[/size]

Now that the general election is underway, lots of attention has been directed towards the question of who Jones will make his No. 2 for the campaign ahead, and his choice to be Vice President. The last Democratic nominee for Vice President was then-Senator Amy Klobuchar of Minnesota. The Jones campaign is certainly looking for somebody who can appeal to more Americans.

The Moderates:

Tammy Baldwin
Senator Tammy Baldwin of Wisconsin is certainly the consensus choice among moderate Democrats who want to make sure they hold the rustbelt this election. The Senator is an icon for millions of LGBTQ Americans, who remains very popular, not only among Democrats but in the country at large. Picking Baldwin to be Vice President would be historic for the first LGBTQ Vice President and would be a great help in uniting the party behind his candidacy.

Amy Klobuchar
Vice President Amy Klobuchar is certainly a controversial and another historic pick. Picking Klobuchar to be Vice President would be a big help in the midwest and blue collar workers. Klobuchar has mixed approvals and could be seen as a net negative due to her close association with relatively unpopular President Joe Biden.

The Liberals:

Kamala Harris
California Senator Kamala Harris is very popular among liberal and progressive Democrats. Harris was almost selected as President Biden's Vice President in 2020 but turned it down. She was also reportedly up for Attorney General but also turned that down to stay in the Senate. She's been described as a "rising star" within the Democratic party. She, however, doesn't help with midwestern and blue-collar Democrats, people that Attorney General Jones needs desperately.

Stacey Abrams
Georgia Senator Stacey Abrams is a top pick for AG Jones. Abrams is a Senator from a Southern swing state, increasing Jones's chances of flipping a Republican state, as well as a previous contender for the 2024 Democratic nomination. Abrams has a 64% approval rating in Georgia and is one of the top 10 most popular U.S. Senators. Picking Abrams would be a slam dunk for Jones, the uphill climb is if she'll accept.
VirginiaAaron
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #230 on: June 15, 2019, 09:35:52 PM »

Alaska and Hawaii
CNN can project that Ron DeSantis will win the Hawaii and Alaska contests, no big surprise there because he's running unopposed. Here are the results for the Democratic contests.

Alaska
Kirsten Gillibrand ✔: 43% (6 delegates)
Tulsi Gabbard: 36% (5 delegates)
Doug Jones: 21% (3 delegates)

Hawaii
Tulsi Gabbard ✔: 86% (19 delegates)
Doug Jones: 9% (2 delegates)
Kirsten Gillibrand: 5% (1 delegate)

DELEGATE COUNT
Ron DeSantis ✔: 955 delegates
Josh Hawley (DROPPED OUT): 650 delegates
Martha McSally (DROPPED OUT): 168 delegates
Mike Pence (DROPPED OUT): 14 delegates
Chris Sununu (DROPPED OUT): 9 delegates

Doug Jones: 1021 delegates
Steve Bullock (DROPPED OUT): 743 delegates
Tulsi Gabbard: 491 delegates
Kirsten Gillibrand: 396 delegates
Mark Kelly (DROPPED OUT): 15 delegates
Stacey Abrams (DROPPED OUT): 6 delegates
VirginiaAaron
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #231 on: June 16, 2019, 06:57:50 PM »

Senate Elections:
Part 1

This election cycle has shown the largest number of tossup seats. There are many, many retiring Senators. So here are the rankings.

Florida
Incumbent: Rick Scott
Surprise, surprise Florida remains a classic swing state in American politics. Rick Scott has seemed to win every single election he's ever run in. We'll see if he continues this streak against Florida's Agriculture Commissioner Nikki Fried. Fried is currently the only statewide Democrat and has a 59% approval rating, where Senator Scott has a 43% approval rating. Scott's last race for Senate had him winning by a little over 0.1%. This will be a close race, no matter who wins.

Rating: Tossup

Texas
Incumbent: Ted Cruz
Ted Cruz is going up for a rematch against Beto O'Rourke. Ted Cruz's recent far-right voting record over the last 2 years has made him even more vulnerable this election. In 2018, when Texas was more of a Republican state, Ted Cruz won by 2.5 points. Beto certainly has a better shot this time, especially now that voters know him. Cruz now has another argument against the former Congressman, saying he abandoned Texas in exchange for the White House. If he wins, he'll be Texas's first Democratic Senator since Lloyd Bentsen

Rating: Tilt D

Nevada
Incumbent: Jacky Rosen
Jacky Rosen is going up against Governor Adam Laxalt. Laxalt has a high approval rating and has been compared to popular former Governor turned Senator Brian Sandoval. Laxalt has been running a similar campaign to Sandoval's successful challenge to now-former Senator Catherine Cortez-Masto. Rosen has a 39% approval rating, and it seems as if voters are ready for change, but Rosen has been getting large influxes of cash over the last few weeks.

Rating: Tilt R

Arizona
Incumbent: Kyrsten Sinema
Sinema was expected to be extremely vulnerable, with an unpopular Democratic party in Arizona, and it is a presidential election year. But Sinema has proven to be able to survive. Her opponent is Arizona GOP Chairwoman Kelli Ward. Ward is unpopular, has far-right views, virtually out of money, and has stopped campaigning as much. But we still do take into effect her recent appearances with Florida Governor and presidential presumptive nominee Ron DeSantis.

Rating: Lean D

Montana
Incumbent: Jon Tester
Senator Jon Tester is one of the luckiest people ever. He's managed to be able to win in a red state without pandering to Republicans. He badmouthed then-President Donald Trump in a state Trump won by over 20 points and Tester won by 3 points in 2018. Tester, however, had a strong opponent in former Senator Steve Daines. Daines was ousted in 2020 when then-Governor Steve Bullock unseated him. Tester realized this and has suspended his campaign, announcing his retirement. The Democrats have now selected as his replacement failed congressional candidate, Kathleen Williams. This will be an easy Republican pickup this November.

Rating: Likely R

Minnesota
Incumbent: Ilhan Omar
Former Congresswoman and now-Senator Ilhan Omar was appointed by former Governor Tim Walz after Amy Klobuchar resigned to become Vice President. Senator Omar has very low approvals after very controversial statements that some have called anti-Semitic. Omar, however, has gotten incredibly lucky with her opponent. Former Congresswoman and former presidential candidate Michelle Bachmann has been nominated. Bachmann and Omar have traded leads, as the extremes of both parties battle it out for this Senate seat.

Wisconsin
Incumbent: Tammy Baldwin
Tammy Baldwin has been floated as a possible Vice Presidential candidate for Attorney General Doug Jones, but so far she hasn't commented on her possibilities as Jones's pick. Her opponent is former Wisconsin Attorney General and Waukesha County Circuit Court Judge Brad Schimel. Schimel is relatively unknown in Wisconsin and has room for improvement on fundraising. Baldwin is popular in Wisconsin, but the top of the ticket could impact this race.

Michigan
Incumbent: Debbie Stabenow
Senator Stabenow has announced she is not running for re-election, the Democrats and the GOP have both recruited popular candidates. The Democrats have nominated former Governor Jennifer Granholm, and the Republicans have nominated independent thinking Justin Amash. Amash and Granholm have traded leads for weeks, both are well fundraised and have high approvals. Great recruits, a close race.

VirginiaAaron
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #232 on: June 16, 2019, 07:07:44 PM »

The Final Democratic Presidential Debate

Welcome to the final Democratic Presidential debate, here in Madison, Wisconsin. We're going to have a vigorous discussion of the issues, I'm Chuck Todd and let's begin. Please limit your answers to 2 paragraphs or another reasonable amount. Here are our questions for tonight for every candidate.

1. Please provide an opening statement

2. The Virginia General Assembly recently passed a full-term abortion bill, which Governor Mark Herring signed into law this past Friday. Do you support full-term abortions?

3. Should all historical references to The Confederacy — including historical markers, statues, the public display of flags and clothing and re-enactment celebrations — be banned in public places?

4. Do you support the “Green New Deal,” proposed by Democratic Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez? Would you support the banning of airplanes, cars, cows, fossil fuels and nuclear energy? Would you support retro-fitting every building in America, guaranteeing every person a job, a house, free education and economic security for those unwilling to work?

5. The proposed “National Popular Vote Interstate Compact,” which has the support of a large number of Democratic voting states, would see the winner of the presidential popular vote receive a state’s vote even if that state voted for the winner’s opponent. Thus, if a Republican won the nationwide popular vote, then all of California’s 55 Electoral College votes would go the Republican. Do you support that proposal?

6. Finally, a closing statement.

Some Personalized additional questions:

To Attorney General Jones; Do you support the proposal that the descendants of former slaves be given compensation for their ancestor’s bondage, otherwise referred to as reparations?

To Senator Gabbard; Minnesota Senator Ilhan Omar has declared that the entire Department of Homeland Security (DHS) be completely defunded. As DHS encompasses ICE, Customs and Border Patrol (CBP), TSA, Secret Service, FEMA, USCIS, the Coast Guard, and the Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency (CISA) do you agree with this plan or with any part of it? If so, why?”

To Senator Gillibrand; There are now majority Muslim communities in some states. Do you support the concept of Sharia Law being introduced to some degree and/or Muslim communities “self-policing” in respect of aspects of Sharia, particularly as it relates to women in public?

NyIndy

Political Matrix
E: 0.25, S: -3.15

« Reply #233 on: June 16, 2019, 10:34:41 PM »

The Final Democratic Presidential Debate

Welcome to the final Democratic Presidential debate, here in Madison, Wisconsin. We're going to have a vigorous discussion of the issues, I'm Chuck Todd and let's begin. Please limit your answers to 2 paragraphs or another reasonable amount. Here are our questions for tonight for every candidate.

1. Please provide an opening statement

2. The Virginia General Assembly recently passed a full-term abortion bill, which Governor Mark Herring signed into law this past Friday. Do you support full-term abortions?

3. Should all historical references to The Confederacy — including historical markers, statues, the public display of flags and clothing and re-enactment celebrations — be banned in public places?

4. Do you support the “Green New Deal,” proposed by Democratic Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez? Would you support the banning of airplanes, cars, cows, fossil fuels and nuclear energy? Would you support retro-fitting every building in America, guaranteeing every person a job, a house, free education and economic security for those unwilling to work?

5. The proposed “National Popular Vote Interstate Compact,” which has the support of a large number of Democratic voting states, would see the winner of the presidential popular vote receive a state’s vote even if that state voted for the winner’s opponent. Thus, if a Republican won the nationwide popular vote, then all of California’s 55 Electoral College votes would go the Republican. Do you support that proposal?

6. Finally, a closing statement.

Some Personalized additional questions:

To Senator Gillibrand; There are now majority Muslim communities in some states. Do you support the concept of Sharia Law being introduced to some degree and/or Muslim communities “self-policing” in respect of aspects of Sharia, particularly as it relates to women in public?

Opening Statement: I am here because I believe the country deserves to have a  progressive voice who unabashedly fights for Women, Minority communities and the LGBT Community and for every American. My whole career I have worked with whoever was willing to help me to get important issues like getting the first responders of 9/11 healthcare after they became sick following inhaling what they were told was safe air. The Bush Administration had lied and we needed to help right that wrong. I stood up to corporate executives and military top brass who told me there was no problem in their company or the army when it came to sexual assault. I led the charge to help the men and women in the military who had undergone sexual harassment and were afraid to speak. My pledge to the American people is this: I will stand up to whoever I need to so I can ensure you and your families can live without worrying how you will pay for your next doctors visit, or ensure that no woman ever again dies trying to give her self an abortion because she doesn't have access to one, no parents should have to go without eating so their kids can while the rich keep the money they earned in tax cuts instead of it "trickling down". These are the things that I fight for if I'm elected President. Thank you!

2. If a woman and a doctor decide a late-term abortion is in her best medical interests, they should be allowed to go through with it. Despite what the right-wing media outlets like Fox News and Breitbart tell you, there are no people who would carry a child to 7 or 8 months and then abort for reasons like inability to afford childcare or birth, carrying a child nearly to full term is also expensive. A late term abortion is one performed out of need not want. They are often very taxing emotionally for a woman to undergo. A woman doesn't need to be told she's a murderer after making the choice between her life and that of her unborn child.

3. The Confederacy was a shameful time in our country's history. However, the Confederacy should not be erased. It should not be wiped from the face of the earth. If we forget the lessons of our past we are doomed to repeat them. The references to them should not be wiped from the record. Instead, the monuments should be used to teach our history in the proper context. We should use them to teach the fact that the Confederates were wrong and their ideology was a violent one that wanted to own humans. Our children should learn this, to not know the dangers of prejudice will only allow them to repeat those same mistakes.

4. While I do not agree with all of it, The Green New Deal is one of the greatest ideas of this generation. Our plan to solve climate change must go big and bold. Our plans cannot just be baby steps to address this, the time for those have passed. Our country has tried those and time and time again they've been rejected by Republicans or cut down until they're meaningless. The bill itself doesn't actually call for the banning of cows or airplanes. The reason Rep. Ocasio Cortez has proposed this is she sees the need for bold action. I don't know about a jobs guarantee by the government but switching to green energy will result in a mass of high paying jobs. As President, I would work to make us an emission-free nation by 2050, and some of the ideas of the GND help pave the way.

5. I do believe in this plan. The compact is important because it will allow us to become a more democratic society, and I don't mean our party. Our country's leader should be chosen by the whole country not a few voters in a few swing states.

6. I'm sure you guys have spent enough time listening to us so I'll keep it short. *laughter* I do not compromise. I do not bow before corporate interests, and I sure don't compromise my values for some campaign cash. With me in the White House, people will be able to rest assured knowing the president will have their best interests and not that of some special interest at heart. Thank you!

Individual Question. Personally, I would not permit these communities to abide by sharia law. The laws are hurtful to Women and the LGBTQ community in addition to this being a huge breach of the separation of church and state. So I'm going to say I'm going to not allow the usage of Sharia Law.
VirginiaAaron
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #234 on: June 17, 2019, 11:33:40 AM »
« Edited: June 17, 2019, 11:53:49 AM by SouthCarolinaAaron »

Senate Elections:
Part 2

This election cycle has shown the largest number of tossup seats. There are many, many retiring Senators. So here are the rankings.

Indiana
Incumbent: Mike Braun
Indiana has gotten more and more conservative as the days go by. At the beginning of the cycle, it looked as if Senator Braun may be in trouble, as former Vice President Mike Pence seemed to be flirting with the idea of primarying Braun, but after announcing he would not run, Braun seems to be safe, or so we thought. Popular former Senator and former Governor Evan Bayh has announced he'll be running for the seat, he's unopposed for the Democratic nomination. Bayh lost the last election he ran for against Todd Young for Dan Coats's Senate seat, Democrats have lost confidence in Bayh and have begun pulling funds out.

Rating: Likely R

Ohio
Incumbent: Sherrod Brown
Sherrod Brown won a Trump +8 state by around 7 points. Sherrod Brown's populist message has resonated with Ohio voters. But, his Republican opponent this time is incumbent Lieutenant Governor Jon Husted. Husted is popular in Ohio, but almost every single poll done has had Brown leading Husted. However, it is worth noting that Husted has been fundraising quite a bit and is within striking distance of Brown.

West Virginia
Incumbent: Joe Manchin
Moderate/Conservative Democratic Senator Joe Manchin has announced he will not be running for re-election. The Republicans have nominated Secretary of State Mac Warner. While the Democrats, have nominated Paula Jean Swearengin, who's largely unknown in the state.

Rating: Safe R

Virginia
Incumbent: Abigail Spanberger
Spanberger was nominated to the seat after Tim Kaine was nominated to the Biden administration as Secretary of Commerce. Spanberger won the special election by 11 points even with an unpopular Democratic leadership and president. Spanberger's strength has been shown, her opponent is Congressman Dave Brat who Spanberger unseated in 2018, but won his seat back in a special election. Brat has views seen as controversial in Virginia, but he's got strong fundraising, and the National GOP has put a lot of eggs in Brat's Basket.

Rating: Likely D

Pennsylvania
Incumbent: Bob Casey
Senator Bob Casey has announced he is not running for re-election. The Democrats have gotten a top recruit in Rep. Conor Lamb. Lamb has one of the highest approvals of the House of Representatives. The Republicans have gotten Rep. Lou Barletta to run against Lamb. This isn't Barletta's first time running for Casey's Senate seat. Barletta has shown momentum, tying and even leading in some polls. It seems as if Pennsylvanians are tired of Biden-style Democrats, the kind of Democrat Conor Lamb is.

Maine
Incumbent: Angus King
Independent Senator Angus King has announced he will not be running for re-election. The Democrats have nominated Emily Cain, a former State Senator, and executive of the PAC Emily's List. The Republicans have nominated former Governor Paul LePage. LePage left office with a low approval rating, as did Cain. Cain hasn't shown a strong ability in fundraising, LePage has, however. LePage has gotten party support, Cain hasn't. LePage's deep unpopularity, however, keeps this race in play.

North Dakota
Incumbent: Kevin Cramer
Cramer has a high approval rating, and no one has filed to run against Cramer, who unseated former Senator Heidi Heitkamp. Seems like Cramer will be running unopposed.
Rating: Safe R

Missouri
Incumbent: Josh Hawley
Hawley has been floated as a potential Vice Presidential pick for Governor Ron DeSantis. Which makes nobody surprised when he announced Friday that he will not be running for re-election. The GOP has nominated Austin Petersen, a former Libertarian presidential candidate, and who some Missourians have described as a "freak". The Democrats nominated the man with the Missouri Midas Touch, Jason Kander. Kander has been leading, but we still see it in play because of the influence of the top of the ticket.
Rating: Tilt D
VirginiaAaron
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #235 on: June 17, 2019, 12:11:45 PM »

Senate Elections:
Part 3

Vermont
Incumbent: Bernie Sanders
Incumbent Independent Senator Bernie Sanders has announced he will not be running for re-election due to health concerns. The Republicans have gotten a slam dunk in nominating one of the most popular governors in the nation, incumbent Governor Phil Scott. Scott has worked with Republicans and Democrats and was the first Republican Governor to sign a pro-abortion bill into law securing abortion rights. Democrats nominated Lieutenant Governor and former Progressive party member David Zuckerman. Zuckerman doesn't have a lot of money, isn't a good fundraiser and isn't really well known in Vermont.

Massachusetts
Incumbent: Elizabeth Warren
The Massachusetts Republican party hasn't had anyone file to run, so it looks like Senator Warren will have a job for another 6 years.
Rating: Safe D

Rhode Island
Incumbent: Sheldon Whitehouse
Senator Whitehouse recently went under fire after European hackers changed the Senator's campaign website to say "Whitehouse for the Whitehouse", however, the Senator has continuously denied that he is running for President. Perennial candidate and former Mayor Allan Fung has been nominated by the GOP.

Connecticut
Incumbent: Chris Murphy
Some have said that Governor Bob Stefanowski has made a big mistake. Stefanowski has announced he's challenging incumbent Senator Chris Murphy. Murphy is young, popular, and hard to take down in Connecticut. Some thought that the Governor could buy the election, but it seems to not be working, however, it wouldn't be the first time that Stefanowski surprised the nation.
Rating: Likely D

New Jersey
Incumbent: Bob Menendez
Senator Menendez has announced that he isn't running for re-election. Josh Gottheimer has been nominated by the Democrats, and the Republicans have nominated Bob Hugin again. Hugin has kept the same strategy he had in 2018, and as expected, it isn't gaining traction.

Delaware
Incumbent: Tom Carper
Senator Tom Carper has announced he will not be running for re-election. The Democrats have nominated First Daughter Ashley Biden. The Republicans have nominated former Republican activist Christine O'Donnell. We all remember the wonder that is O'Donnell, so I don't think I need to write any more about this race.

New York
Incumbent: Kirsten Gillibrand
Senator Gillibrand is still running her 2020 presidential campaign. Gillibrand has yet to file for re-election, so Democrats are prepared to nominate Congresswoman Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez. The Republicans are hoping for a comeback with former Governor George Pataki. Pataki hasn't held office in quite a long time, his age has come up with concerns, and Ocasio-Cortez's message has resonated in New York.

Maryland
Incumbent: Ben Cardin
Senator Cardin isn't running for re-election, and former Congressman and former presidential candidate John Delaney has been nominated. Former Maryland Delegate Kathy Szeglia has been nominated by the Republicans.

Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #236 on: June 17, 2019, 12:13:24 PM »

(Posting this on all active games, not singling out anyone or any particular game yet)

Friendly reminder that the policy regarding image posting must be followed on the games, there was already an announcement on the board and it is followed by this. Watermarked images are out of the question, and posted images must be attributed in terms of origin (even in footnotes at the end of the post so as to not break the illusion).

To give you a useful example taken from a player in Atlasia (I hope he doesn't mind):

(Image in question)

Note for mods: Image taken from Wikipedia's article on Pittsburgh

And one from Dave himself:

(Image in question)

President Bush Nominates Henry Paulson as Treasury Secretary 2
Shealah Craighead [Public domain], via Wikimedia Commons

For the time being I'll be removing the watermarked ones, and from this second announcement on pictures that are not attributed (that comes with an infraction). I get that it will take some effort to adapt at first because it changes how pictures are used within the board, but it is necessary to make such an effort.

(Please don't make me use the flamethrower)
VirginiaAaron
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #237 on: June 17, 2019, 06:37:07 PM »

WARNING: Those who do not answer the debate questions by Friday, June 21, will be eliminated from the race... You have been warned......
MycroftCZ

« Reply #238 on: June 18, 2019, 02:29:21 PM »
« Edited: June 18, 2019, 02:32:45 PM by MycroftCZ »

Doug Jones Debate Answers:

1. Opening Statement:
Thank you all for having us today. This race for the White House has been long and tiring, not just for the candidates and their teams, but for the American people. But we as Democrats need a solid, strong, electable nominee that will fight for the people. I believe that I am up for the job and that I am able to take on Governor DeSantis head-on. We need a doer in the White House, someone who can reach across the aisle and get stuff done. I’m a doer. I get stuff done. And I’ll fight for the American people.

No, Chuck I don’t. Now don’t get me wrong, I’m strongly pro-choice and I will fight to the death for a woman’s right to make decisions about her own body. And if it’s in the best interest of the mother, medically, to get a late-term abortion, then I would support it if it was a danger to the mother. The government should have no place deciding the healthcare decisions for a woman. But, if you look at the science, I believe that there is such a thing as too late to get an abortion. Late-term abortion’s, in my view, are wrong. The right to an abortion should be protected and defended, but I can’t personally and morally support late-term abortions.

Absolutely. Many of my neighbors and friends in Alabama would disagree with me, saying that it’s history and that you can’t pretend like it didn’t happen. But to glorify the people that put fellow human being in chains? That’s just plain wrong. History should be remembered, analyzed, and understood. But, these statues and Confederate symbols belong in museums, not in our town squares and on our streets.

Chuck, the “Green New Deal” is very ambitious. But, as someone worried about the national debt and keeping our country fiscally sound, I do have some reservations about this plan. We do need to combat climate change quickly and effectively, putting our best scientists and engineers to work to make the future a cleaner and greener place. But to ban all cars, airplanes, and other fossil fuel burning devices? It doesn’t make any sense to me. If I could wave a magic wand and make all of this happen, I would. But we don’t have the money to do all this, without borrowing millions from China and other countries. The same goes for the job guarantee. Of course I want all Americans to have a stable job, but we simply don’t have the money to do it.

I do support abolishing the electoral college and moving towards a system that counts every vote safely and effectively. I would like to see a system that still values the voices of rural Americans, making sure that presidential candidates don’t only campaign in New York or Los Angeles. A President should have to talk to and listen to Americans in Iowa, Ohio, and New Hampshire. Still, the system is too old and unfair to make any sense anymore. I’m glad states are leading the way and as President, I will have our elections fairer

6. Personal Question
I do support reparations for the descendants of former slaves. In the south, where I’m from, we still see the lingering effects of slavery and our African American friends and neighbors are still held back because of the injustices placed on them so many years ago. As President, I will invest into African American communities and help them rise up. We need to invest into inner-city schools, build more housing units, and fight police brutality where it exists. We have so much hate and discrimination to make up for and we need to step up.

7. Closing Statement:
I am so proud of what my team and the American people have done for this campaign. We are the clear front runner of this race and I am confident that our message will love this country forward, to a brighter tomorrow. We are in the final days of this primary and I want to thank the DNC and Senior Gillibrand and Congresswoman Gabbard for voicing their images for America over the last couple of months. But if you vote for me, we’ll get stuff done, unite the country, and secure justice for all Americans, no matter what they look like, who they love, or where they’re from. Thank you.
VirginiaAaron
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #239 on: June 18, 2019, 07:11:24 PM »

1. Opening Statement:
Thank you all for having us today. This race for the White House has been long and tiring, not just for the candidates and their teams, but for the American people. But we as Democrats need a solid, strong, electable nominee that will fight for the people. I believe that I am up for the job and that I am able to take on Governor DeSantis head-on. We need a doer in the White House, someone who can reach across the aisle and get stuff done. I’m a doer. I get stuff done. And I’ll fight for the American people.

Attorney General Jones, Tulsi Gabbard is serving as Hawaii's junior Senator.
No, Chuck I don’t. Now don’t get me wrong, I’m strongly pro-choice and I will fight to the death for a woman’s right to make decisions about her own body. And if it’s in the best interest of the mother, medically, to get a late-term abortion, then I would support it if it was a danger to the mother. The government should have no place deciding the healthcare decisions for a woman. But, if you look at the science, I believe that there is such a thing as too late to get an abortion. Late-term abortion’s, in my view, are wrong. The right to an abortion should be protected and defended, but I can’t personally and morally support late-term abortions.

Absolutely. Many of my neighbors and friends in Alabama would disagree with me, saying that it’s history and that you can’t pretend like it didn’t happen. But to glorify the people that put fellow human being in chains? That’s just plain wrong. History should be remembered, analyzed, and understood. But, these statues and Confederate symbols belong in museums, not in our town squares and on our streets.

Chuck, the “Green New Deal” is very ambitious. But, as someone worried about the national debt and keeping our country fiscally sound, I do have some reservations about this plan. We do need to combat climate change quickly and effectively, putting our best scientists and engineers to work to make the future a cleaner and greener place. But to ban all cars, airplanes, and other fossil fuel burning devices? It doesn’t make any sense to me. If I could wave a magic wand and make all of this happen, I would. But we don’t have the money to do all this, without borrowing millions from China and other countries. The same goes for the job guarantee. Of course I want all Americans to have a stable job, but we simply don’t have the money to do it.

I do support abolishing the electoral college and moving towards a system that counts every vote safely and effectively. I would like to see a system that still values the voices of rural Americans, making sure that presidential candidates don’t only campaign in New York or Los Angeles. A President should have to talk to and listen to Americans in Iowa, Ohio, and New Hampshire. Still, the system is too old and unfair to make any sense anymore. I’m glad states are leading the way and as President, I will have our elections fairer

6. Personal Question
I do support reparations for the descendants of former slaves. In the south, where I’m from, we still see the lingering effects of slavery and our African American friends and neighbors are still held back because of the injustices placed on them so many years ago. As President, I will invest into African American communities and help them rise up. We need to invest into inner-city schools, build more housing units, and fight police brutality where it exists. We have so much hate and discrimination to make up for and we need to step up.

7. Closing Statement:
I am so proud of what my team and the American people have done for this campaign. We are the clear front runner of this race and I am confident that our message will love this country forward, to a brighter tomorrow. We are in the final days of this primary and I want to thank the DNC and Senior Gillibrand and Congresswoman Gabbard for voicing their images for America over the last couple of months. But if you vote for me, we’ll get stuff done, unite the country, and secure justice for all Americans, no matter what they look like, who they love, or where they’re from. Thank you.

MycroftCZ

« Reply #240 on: June 19, 2019, 11:58:58 AM »

1. Opening Statement:

Attorney General Jones, Tulsi Gabbard is serving as Hawaii's junior Senator.

6. Personal Question

7. Closing Statement:

Oh my gosh... I’m so sorry Tulsi. Of course it’s “Senator Gabbard”! I’m just so used to calling her Congresswoman, I forgot she got a promotion! 
VirginiaAaron
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #241 on: June 19, 2019, 04:22:10 PM »

So, the person playing as Senator Gabbard, has been banned from the Atlas Forum for 90 days, so she'll, unfortunately, be removed from the game. I'd open it up for someone to replace him, but it's so late in the game I don't think it'd be right. Especially seeing the frontrunner's current lead.
VirginiaAaron
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #242 on: June 21, 2019, 12:24:21 PM »
« Edited: June 22, 2019, 01:32:29 PM by SouthCarolinaAaron »

Wisconsin
CNN can project that Ron DeSantis will win the Wisconsin primary, no big surprise there because he's running unopposed. Here are the results for the Democratic primary.

Wisconsin
Doug Jones ✔: 68% (52 delegates)
Kirsten Gillibrand: 32% (25 delegates)

DELEGATE COUNT
Ron DeSantis ✔: 1,007 delegates

Doug Jones: 1,073 delegates
Kirsten Gillibrand: 421 delegates
VirginiaAaron
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #243 on: June 21, 2019, 12:28:20 PM »

BREAKING NEWS

Multiple states that have upcoming primaries have decided that their delegates will decide who their delegates will go to at the convention. After hearing this, the Republican Convention (held in Phoenix, Arizona) and the Democratic Convention (held in Atlanta, Georgia) have been pushed to be closer. More details will be released as we get them...
VirginiaAaron
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #244 on: June 21, 2019, 01:06:04 PM »

Here are the official logos for the conventions this year. I'll be dm'ing presumptive nominees Governor DeSantis and Senator Jones in the coming week to get all the deets together.

GOP Logo Template Source: https://www.charlottein2020.com/ (I made it say Phoenix, so credit to me)

Dem Logo Template Source: https://www.milwaukee2020.com/ (I made it say Atlanta, credit me)
VirginiaAaron
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #245 on: June 21, 2019, 08:23:23 PM »

Just to give everybody an idea of what time of year it is in the election, it's around the end of June. Nominees, please have a VP pick ready, have someone lined up to play as that VP, and I'll be pm'ing you, asking about details of how you want the convention to run. Everybody get ready for DeSantis vs Jones
MycroftCZ

« Reply #246 on: June 23, 2019, 03:13:29 PM »

Doug
Jones
Justice for All

Campaign Schedule: Pre-Northeast Contests

Day 1
Rally- Hartford, CT (with Gov. Lamont)
Town Hall- Bristol, CT (with Gov. Lamont)
Rally- New Haven, CT (with Gov. Lamont)

Day 2
Rally- Providence, RI (with Gov. Raimondo)
Town Hall- Cranston, RI (with Gov. Raimondo)
Rally- Warwick, RI (with Gov. Raimondo)

Day 3
Rally- Albany, NY
Rally- Syracuse, NY
Town Hall- Rochester, NY

Day 4
Rally- Buffalo, NY
Meet with Voters- Ithaca, NY
Meet with Voters- Binghamton, NY
Meet with Votes- Poughkeepsie, NY

Day 5
Rally- Staten Island, NY
Rally- Brooklyn, NY
Rally- Manhatten, NY
Rally- The Bronx, NY

Day 6
Rally- Allentown, PA (with Gov. Wolf and Sen. Casey)
Rally- Philidelphia, PA (with Gov. Wolf and Sen. Casey)
Rally- Harrisburg, PA (with Gov. Wolf and Sen. Casey)
Town Hall- Carlisle, PA (with Gov. Wolf and Sen. Casey)

Day 7
Meet with Voters- Chambersburg, PA (with Gov. Wolf and Sen. Casey)
Town Hall- Somerset, PA (with Gov. Wolf and Sen. Casey)
Rally- Pittsburgh, PA (with Gov. Wolf and Sen. Casey)
Meet with Voters- Moon, PA (with Gov. Wolf and Sen. Casey)

Day 8
Town Hall- Frostburg, MD (with Sen. Van Hollen)
Meet with Voters- Martinsburg, MD (with Sen. Van Hollen)
Rally- Frederick, MD (with Sen. Van Hollen)
Rally- Baltimore, MD (with Sen. Van Hollen)

Day 9
Rally- Towson, MD (with Sen. Van Hollen)
Meet with Voters- New Castle, DE (with Sen. Carper)
Rally- Wilmington, DE (with Sen. Carper)
Rally- Dover, DE (with Sen. Carper)

Day 10
Campaign HQ- Philidelphia, PA in front of Independence Hall
VirginiaAaron
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #247 on: June 25, 2019, 09:29:17 AM »

Northeast Results
CNN can project that Ron DeSantis will win the Connecticut, Delaware, Maryland, New York, Pennsylvania, and Rhode Island primaries, no big surprise there because he's running unopposed. Here are the results for the Democratic primaries. Also, with all of these wins, getting all the delegates in these states, Governor Ron DeSantis is now OFFICIALLY the presumptive Republican nominee for President of the United States. This was inevitable, but it's now official.

Connecticut
Doug Jones ✔: 27 delegates
Kirsten Gillibrand: 22 delegates

Delaware
Doug Jones ✔: 10 delegates
Kirsten Gillibrand: 7 delegates

Maryland
Doug Jones ✔: 47 delegates
Kirsten Gillibrand: 32 delegates

New York
Doug Jones ✔: 113 delegates
Kirsten Gillibrand: 111 delegates

Pennsylvania
Doug Jones ✔: 92 delegates
Kirsten Gillibrand: 61 delegates

Rhode Island
Doug Jones ✔: 12 delegates
Kirsten Gillibrand: 9 delegates

DELEGATE COUNT
Ron DeSantis ✔: 1,291 delegates
1,281 needed for NOMINATION

Doug Jones: 1,374 delegates
Kirsten Gillibrand: 421 delegates
2,266 needed for NOMINATION
MycroftCZ

« Reply #248 on: June 25, 2019, 12:47:17 PM »

Doug Jones Victory Speech: Philadelphia, PA

Thank you Pennsylvania! (Cheers) Tonight's is the clearest sign yet in this race that we are going to move into the general election and that we will all take on Governor DeSantis to win the White House for the American people! (Cheers) I want to thank all the people that voted in Connecticut, Delaware, Maryland, Rhode Island, Pennsylvania, and New York that placed their trust in our campaign! (Cheers) I want to thank Senator Gillibrand for running a great campaign and I hope that we can all come together and unite to win this election.

Folks, we are here in front of Independence Hall because this is where it all began. Where 13 rag-tag colonies united, not as fellow Americans, but as Virginians, New Yorkers, and South Carolinians. But they came together, to fight for freedom and for justice for all. (Cheers) This country's name seems a little sarcastic at times... the "United" States of America. But what makes this nation so great is the pursuit of unity. The belief that we can still come together and work towards a better America! (Cheers) I stand before you today as the 2020 Democratic nominee for President- (Cheers) Thank you... thank you! As the 2020 Democratic nominee for President, pledging to work to unite America. Pledging to bring us together, work toward real solutions, and get things done for the American people. (Cheers) Folks, Independence Hall is not a symbol of unity. It's a symbol of the pursuit of unity, the pursuit of independence, and the pursuit of justice. (Cheers) We are Americans. We can do anything. We crossed a continent, built a democracy, put a man on the moon, and in 2024, we united once and for all! (Cheers) My fellow Americans, let's go forth, fight for our values, unite behind common dreams, and build a future that we all can be a part of! (Cheers) That mission starts here. That future begins tonight. Let's go out, win this election, and begin that journey! (Cheers) Thank you! (Cheers)

Image from The Nation, "What We Learned Watching Doug Jones Beat a Predator"
VirginiaAaron
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #249 on: June 29, 2019, 08:20:46 PM »

Sorry about my inactivity over the last week or so, my family's in the process of moving and it was a busy week this week.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies