and now it's Canada's turn, meet Abraham Smollett
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 02:47:13 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  and now it's Canada's turn, meet Abraham Smollett
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: and now it's Canada's turn, meet Abraham Smollett  (Read 966 times)
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: April 27, 2019, 08:22:50 AM »

link-CBC
An anti-Semitic attack originally called "the most brazen" the city had seen was staged by the owners of the restaurant that reported it, Winnipeg police say.

All three members of the family that owns BerMax Caffé and Bistro on Corydon Avenue have been arrested and charged with public mischief since the incident was initially reported last week. The family, however, insists they didn't fake anything.

<snip>

Winnipeg police Chief Danny Smyth said Wednesday the attack was staged.

"The anti-Semitic graffiti and vandalism were also falsely reported as being done by outside suspects," Smyth said.

"We found evidence of a crime. It just wasn't a hate crime," said Smyth, adding the police expended considerable resources investigating and took the report seriously.
Horus
Sheliak5
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2019, 12:30:42 PM »

Antisemitism is virtually non existent in Canada and the US these days, so any report of it gets a side eye from me.
kcguy
Romania

« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2019, 05:10:51 PM »

Antisemitism is virtually non existent in Canada and the US these days, so any report of it gets a side eye from me.

Ironically, the top story on BBC News today is a fatal attack on a synagogue near San Diego.

(Unfortunately "lunatic fringe" is not the same as "non-existent".)
Stand With Israel. Crush Hamas
Ray Goldfield
Junior Chimp

« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2019, 05:16:34 PM »

This post aged worse than a Long Island tanning afficionado.
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2019, 11:44:02 AM »

Please jump in a lake.
Horus
Sheliak5
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2019, 02:42:50 PM »

Please jump in a lake.

Tbf I made that post before the incident the other day, but I stand by it. There is no safer place to be Jewish than North America, and we are safer every year.
Sestak
jk2020
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2019, 06:49:47 PM »

Please jump in a lake.

Tbf I made that post before the incident the other day, but I stand by it. There is no safer place to be Jewish than North America, and we are safer every year.

There’s a difference between that and “virtually non existent”.
Horus
Sheliak5
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2019, 07:37:44 PM »

Please jump in a lake.

Unless you yourself are Jewish it really isn't appropriate to comment about how safe we are or are not. I think we as Jewish-Americans can judge that better than you.
Boobs
HCP

« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2019, 08:05:53 PM »

Please jump in a lake.

Unless you yourself are Jewish it really isn't appropriate to comment about how safe we are or are not. I think we as Jewish-Americans can judge that better than you.

well... your statement was false before the San Diego terrorist attack and it's still false afterwards. Pittsburgh ring a bell?
Horus
Sheliak5
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2019, 08:23:48 PM »

Please jump in a lake.

well... your statement was false before the San Diego terrorist attack and it's still false afterwards. Pittsburgh ring a bell?

Of course it does, and I still think we're safer than ever and that antisemitism in the United States and Canada is virtually nonexistent.
Boobs
HCP

« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2019, 08:32:05 PM »

You’re really trying to put on a shanda for the goyim aren’t you
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -5.39

P

« Reply #11 on: April 30, 2019, 03:31:32 PM »

Please jump in a lake.

^^^^^
Virtually non existent would mean that these shootings would not occur.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies