2019 Gubernatorial Predictions (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 04:46:56 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  2019 Gubernatorial Predictions (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 2019 Gubernatorial Predictions  (Read 2187 times)
Lechasseur
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -0.52, S: 3.13

« on: April 24, 2019, 10:45:03 AM »

MS lean R
KY pure tossup from what I've seen
LA Tilt D I'm cautious about this one I think the R's have a really good chance to pick it up feels like a reduced of MO and IN sen where the incumbent only won because of how weak their opponent was last time

I agree.

I will add though that Edwards is a much stronger incumbent than McCaskill or Donnelly, and this is a gubernatorial race, not a senate race, thus I'd give Edwards a slight advantage.

That being said, he'll still have a hard time because the GOP has a decent nominee in Ralph Abraham (Edwards would be in serious trouble had Kennedy decided to run, on the other hand I'd be pretty confident of Edwards winning reelection had the GOP nominee ended up being Landry), and with such a polarized environment, and the LA Gov election taking place during the Democratic Presidential Primary campaign, this won't be an easy race for Edwards.

I'd agree with KY being a tossup. KY is a very red state, but Bevin is an unpopular governor and the Democrats have some decent candidates running, so who knows what could happen there.

MS on the other hand will most likely be a GOP hold. Tate Reeves is a decent candidate for the GOP, Bryant I believe is a popular governor, and MS is very red, so even though Hood is the best candidate the Democrats could possibly run, MS will probably be too much for them, although Hood has proven time and time again that's he's capable of winning in MS and that's why I'd rank MS Lean R too.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies