ME Sen I can't really be Collins it yet (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 12:29:58 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  ME Sen I can't really be Collins it yet (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: ME Sen I can't really be Collins it yet  (Read 76278 times)
SevenEleven
Junior Chimp

« on: May 17, 2020, 03:58:43 AM »

Why aren't we getting any polling on this one?
SevenEleven
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2020, 08:37:06 PM »

Ummmm....

I actually agree with this. It would prevents parties stalling nominees until they win the senate, and it forces Presidents to nominate someone who senators on the other side would be ok with. Parties aren't going to be keeping seats open forever, especially considering it'll be very hard for either side to get 60 senate seats unless our politics gets a lot less polarizing.

Lol what. The filibuster was still allowed for SCOTUS nominees when Merrick Garland was nominated. McConnell got rid of it to seat Gorsuch. It's only been 3.5 years how have you guys already forgotten who did this damage?
SevenEleven
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2020, 08:46:28 PM »

How is it a terrible answer? There would be no Gorsuch, Kavanaugh, or ACB if we had a filibuster.

Im not a fan of the filibuster but I'm also not a fan of a partisan court.
SevenEleven
Junior Chimp

« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2020, 02:26:58 PM »

How is it a terrible answer? There would be no Gorsuch, Kavanaugh, or ACB if we had a filibuster.

Im not a fan of the filibuster but I'm also not a fan of a partisan court.
How would reinstating the filibuster for judicial nominees make things less partisan? Also, get with the times, the Supreme Court IS partisan.

Because while someone like Gorsuch could probably get confirmed, judges like Kavanaugh and Barrett would never even sniff a nomination. If the SCOTUS is going to be stuffed with brainless lackeys, there is no reason to even have a Supreme Court.

I wouldn't bring back the filibuster but I don't think that's really on the table.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies