ME Sen I can't really be Collins it yet (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 04:50:27 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  ME Sen I can't really be Collins it yet (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: ME Sen I can't really be Collins it yet  (Read 76323 times)
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

« on: October 07, 2020, 02:09:57 PM »

Bangor Daily News endorsement
https://bangordailynews.com/2020/10/07/opinion/editorials/susan-collins-remains-best-choice-for-senate/
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2020, 12:04:36 AM »

Maine, please vote Susan Collins out!

I second this. As a black person, I'm fully aware of how many whites have downplayed, and continue to downplay, institutional racism within this country. It doesn't surprise me that Susan Collins, an elderly white woman who lives in a state that is well over 90% white, would be so ignorant on such issues. Fortunately, it looks like Maine is going to give her a pink slip in less than a week, after a quarter of a century.

What kind of systemic racism is there in Maine?
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2020, 12:30:41 AM »

I second this. As a black person, I'm fully aware of how many whites have downplayed, and continue to downplay, institutional racism within this country. It doesn't surprise me that Susan Collins, an elderly white woman who lives in a state that is well over 90% white, would be so ignorant on such issues. Fortunately, it looks like Maine is going to give her a pink slip in less than a week, after a quarter of a century.

Same kind there is in the rest of the United States.

I thought part of the idea of systemic racism is that it is embedded in particular institutions and historical systems ?
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2020, 11:53:50 AM »

what a disgusting comment. you should be ashamed of yourself.

People of Susan Collins generation hear "systemic racism" and think of Jim Crow.  I'm familiar enough with current theory and lingo around it to know it doesn't normally mean that, but it's used in so many different ways that I never know what way people are using the term unless they talk about specific examples.  In any case it's a crummy thing to use a concept like that to shame people.  If you want to really know if someone cares about an issue you care about, don't use a lot of social signifier jargon.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2020, 10:27:33 PM »

Well the people of Maine are officially the stupidest in country.
It's one thing to elect fascists because you really like fascism, it's another to elect one that transparently lies to your face.
SALT

Losing this race has Democrats very concerned.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies