ME Sen I can't really be Collins it yet (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 06:32:22 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  ME Sen I can't really be Collins it yet (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: ME Sen I can't really be Collins it yet  (Read 75869 times)
SnowLabrador
Junior Chimp
United States

« on: April 18, 2019, 06:55:38 AM »

As someone who's not confident about beating Collins, I'm not worried yet about finding a good candidate. It's still pretty early.
SnowLabrador
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2019, 02:17:52 PM »

ME Dems have a bunch of A Tier Candidates, Jackson, Sweet, Golden, and Schumer should recruit one of them.

Collins is going to win at least 60-40. It doesn't really matter who the Democrats nominate.
SnowLabrador
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2019, 01:10:14 PM »

Either that, or it makes her look bad if she admits to regretting it. Hopefully in 18 months she regrets it.
SnowLabrador
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2019, 06:00:28 PM »

To this day, I still do not understand why Collins decided to commit the biggest political suicide in recent history by voting for Kavanaugh. She could have fully and completely ensured herself a successful re-election by voting against Kavanaugh, but instead, she decided to fully and completely ensure herself a failed re-election.

...except Collins isn't going to lose re-election. Remember that a relatively high amount of Republicans still disapprove of her (the Morning Consult poll that has her at -3 approval has her at 61-34 approve-disapprove among Republicans), and I imagine the vast majority of Republicans in Maine will vote for her over her Democratic opponent.

Yeah. I think a lot of Democrats are underestimating Collins.
SnowLabrador
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2019, 11:56:27 AM »

I disagree. It should still be Lean R at least.
SnowLabrador
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2020, 03:19:16 PM »

Ernst, if Franken is the nominee and Collins are toast in Nov

how is Ernst toast?

Her opponent is. Ernst will win by 20 points in November, mark my words.
SnowLabrador
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2020, 09:56:45 AM »

Sunrise Movement Endorses Betsy Sweet
This may seem not that important but as a member of the sunrise movement I gotta say the organization is insanely good they took Brad Sherman primary challenger in my District to from polling around 0-1% to getting 11% after endorsing him 2 weeks before the election really good groundgame which during covid translates to phonebanking and other things I expect Gideon to win the primary still but this really helps Sweet

thank god there is RCV or this would really scare me, but with it I think it turns people out that will still vote for gideon over collins

This. The left-leaning independents on the ballot do worry me, but hopefully they mark Gideon before Collins on their ballots.
SnowLabrador
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2020, 07:21:56 PM »

The first Senate debate just ended. Whoever debate prepped with Gideon needs to get fired. None of her attacks on Collins landed (unfortunately). She let Collins run right over her and get away with untruths all over the place. It's sad when the independent Lisa Savage who hasn't been in politics is more coherent and on point. Max Linn was a joke and kept hawking different websites he created but even he landed a couple of jabs at Collins that landed better than anything Gideon did. What a mess...

Hopefully Collins doesn't get much of a bounce from this.

How many people do you expect watched the debate? Since you live in Maine full-time, you might know that better than me.
SnowLabrador
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2020, 07:51:14 PM »

If Collins wins, I'll blame the DSCC. They propped up a horrible debater. Hopefully this doesn't matter, because the most important issue in this election is the 200,000 corpses who drowned in their own bodily fluids under Trump's watch.
SnowLabrador
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2020, 09:43:29 AM »

Don't know how much these endorsements help her because of partisanship, but this race was definately never going to be an easy flip.

I mean, they are Republicans, so I suppose this is to be expected. But anyone who endorses a Senate Republican is serving a radical, far-right agenda that poses a massive threat to the future of all life on this planet.
SnowLabrador
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #10 on: October 15, 2020, 07:25:02 PM »

Ummmm....

This is one of the reasons why I'm not optimistic about Democrats having the courage to do what is necessary in 2021. The party is moving further and further to the right, albeit far more slowly than the GOP.

To be clear, I'm not saying both parties are the same.
SnowLabrador
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2021, 05:09:07 PM »

Tilt R now that RGB died. This really opens up a clear opportunity for her to redeem herself. Maybe I'm just being too overreactive to the events of the day though

We should have listened to you.
SnowLabrador
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #12 on: December 13, 2021, 03:37:53 PM »

RIP Max Linn

Did he win a Herman Cain Award?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies