ME Sen I can't really be Collins it yet (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 07:50:18 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  ME Sen I can't really be Collins it yet (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: ME Sen I can't really be Collins it yet  (Read 76093 times)
QAnonKelly
dotard

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -5.50

« on: July 07, 2019, 03:14:46 PM »

She said in the same article that she hasn’t made her mind up about running again either. Gideon is sitting pretty money wise, especially in a cheap media market state. She might choose not to run
QAnonKelly
dotard

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2020, 07:32:45 AM »

Wut
QAnonKelly
dotard

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2020, 01:49:56 PM »

Very "disappointing" numbers for Collins in a new poll:

QAnonKelly
dotard

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2020, 11:22:09 PM »

https://www.reddit.com/r/politics/comments/g67l0f/the_washington_establishment_thinks_it_can_decide/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app&utm_name=iossmf

This AMA went well /s
QAnonKelly
dotard

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2020, 02:31:21 PM »

Its truly like she just doesn't care anymore

I think she knows she’s SOL at this point and is just being as hackish as she can be.
QAnonKelly
dotard

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2020, 04:59:59 PM »

Its truly like she just doesn't care anymore

I think she knows she’s SOL at this point and is just being as hackish as she can be.

She keeps shooting herself in the foot over and over again. She should've easily won re-election, but this race is becoming somewhat of a tossup.

This race is a tossup. And even if Collins had been more ardently anti-Trump, she would probably still be in jeopardy, as she would be at great risk of losing the Republican primary.

if she was anti Trump and showed herself as a real independent she would have been respected by voters.

she could lose the primary (although I doubt that) and run as an independent and win with RCV

This much is true, but the point that I'm making is that a Trump Presidency has been a double-sword for her, regardless. And we'll never know what would have happened had she gone down the independent route. She chose a path that will probably result in her defeat.

I do agree that she's damned if she does, damned if she doesn't to a certain extent but there has to have been some sort of middle ground she could have taken, at least rhetorically. Her Kavanaugh "I believe someone assaulted her but it wasn't my friend Boofy McBoofface because he told me" was a huge misstep, as was her Trump has learned his lesson bs.  I don't begrudge her position but I have no sympathy for her.
QAnonKelly
dotard

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2020, 01:23:48 PM »

A lot of the Trumpers are gonna vote for her anyways, because he told them to. Are they going to vote Gideon?

No but they could always just leave senate blank or write in someone else.
QAnonKelly
dotard

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2020, 01:25:58 PM »

A lot of the Trumpers are gonna vote for her anyways, because he told them to. Are they going to vote Gideon?

No but they could always just leave senate blank or write in someone else.

RCV means they can vote both for their favourite pro-Trump independent and support the Republican nominee.

That’s true too.
QAnonKelly
dotard

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2020, 10:55:30 PM »

To add to Collins's Kavanaugh troubles, today the NYT reported that during his hearings, Bob Woodward was going to expose him as one of his sources in his Clinton impeachment book because he lied about it but his boss killed the story.  Yeah that guy who told her he wouldn't overturn Roe is totally trustable because he lied about that, his role in the stolen emails (under oath too), and his youth.

Like I've said about her before, I don't doubt she's been put in a tough position but it seems like she's made the wrong decision at every turn and I don't feel sorry for her.  She's a total POS and she deserves to lose more than any other senator.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies