ME Sen I can't really be Collins it yet (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 08:33:21 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  ME Sen I can't really be Collins it yet (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: ME Sen I can't really be Collins it yet  (Read 76298 times)
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« on: July 25, 2019, 02:58:05 PM »

Hopefully she retires. This makes it an easy pick-up for Democrats, moving my rating from tilt Republican to likely Democratic.
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2020, 04:09:19 PM »

Friendly reminder that the last three public polls of this race have shown Collins leading Gideon 51%-29%, 52%-36%, and 52%-35%, respectively. Yes, that was in March, June, and July 2019, i.e. before impeachment, but it was also after her Kavanaugh vote.

It’s one thing to argue that Collins is vulnerable and that she could actually lose this time but quite another to say that she’s DOA, as doomed as Barbara Comstock, could actually underperform Trump, etc. Reading this forum you’d think Collins was running in Hawaiʻi and trailing badly in every single poll.

As I've said before, these numbers are startlingly similar to those which we saw in polls between Joe Manchin and Patrick Morrisey. And they accord with my final expectation-that Collins wins reelection by around 2-5%, probably 52-48%, 51-47%, or something similar.

I think you could be right about the margin, but the raw numbers will most likely be different. Maine traditionally has third party candidates doing much better; so a Collins win would probably more look like 49-44% or 47-45%, or if she loses, 48-47%.
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2020, 02:00:41 PM »

Very "disappointing" numbers for Collins in a new poll:

She has surpassed Cocaine Mitch on this? Well done, madam. Well done.
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2020, 02:07:41 PM »

Its truly like she just doesn't care anymore

Lmao, this is beyond ridiculous. She's not a moderate, but more of a hack now, doing Trump's and Cocaine Mitch's bidding.
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2020, 02:36:32 PM »

Sara Gideon is so good.

Also, it's a crime that there's been no polls of this race.

Yeah, she's easily one of the best candidates this cycle, along with Steve Bullock and Mark Kelly. If she actually wins, I think she'd be presidential or vice presidential material in the future.
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2020, 10:57:16 AM »

While I'm strongly rooting for Gideon (who is one of my favorite candidates) and think Collins deserves to lose, I still wish we could get out other Republican senators like Marsha Blackburn instead.

Anyway, she's trying to have it both ways. She needs Trump's voters, but she also relies on some other voters, probably mostly women, who will cast their ballot for Joe Biden in November.
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2020, 01:04:54 PM »

Remember that Collins is supposed to be a Moderate ™, Reasonable ™, Bipartisan™, independent™ Senator.

She once was somewhat reasonable, but that times are long over. I don't know whether the mask has just been fallen or whether she acts the way she does in an attempt to have it both ways. In the end, it doesn't make difference. It's time to replace her with a Democrat.
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2020, 01:23:55 PM »

Great ad from the Gideon campaign:

President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2020, 04:36:23 AM »

Why is this clown even in the debate? I think there should be tougher rules to attend, something like polling at least 10% in order to qualify. These joke candidates just distract and take time and they're not winning anyway.

I haven't watched the whole debate, but will do so. Just saw a clip at Sara Gideon's Instagram how Collins dodged the question about the presidential race. She is such a joke.
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2020, 05:29:09 AM »

I'm actually not sold on Collins voting No on the floor. She certainly opposes a floor vote taking place before the election, but Moscow Mitch will ram it through anyway. I could see her saying "Well, I opposed putting a nominee forward, but now that I was presented the choice, I won't vote No just for the sake of voting No before the election. Said nominee by Trump is a solid/independent jurist and qualified to serve, so I will vote Yes. That also puts the court countrovery to rest ahead of the election... blablabla"

She may urge Mitch to delay the vote until after the election, but he'll move forward regardless since he is an extreme partisan hack.
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2020, 11:44:16 AM »
« Edited: September 20, 2020, 01:16:52 PM by President Johnson »

Manchin completely conned WV voters in 2018 and they totally fell for it, but given that it’s WV we’re talking about, it’s only par for the course. It would have been fun to see some of the entertaining reactions of Trump/Manchin voters to Manchin voting for impeachment. The fact that Republicans couldn’t beat him in 2018 after all the fodder for attack ads they had was easily the most humiliating Senate result of the last two decades for either party, even more so than AL-SEN 2017 (which you can chalk up to turnout patterns in a special election and Moore being an atrocious candidate/campaigner). It was the equivalent of Democrats losing a Senate race in HI and the Republican Senator from HI proceeding to vote for Obama's impachment the year after the election. Can’t wait for WV's reactions when the Senate under Biden is 50-50 and Manchin is the deciding vote until 2023, lol.

Not on topic to this megathread, but Manchin will probably stop a number of Biden-backed bills in a 50-50 senate, especially when it comes to climate and gun control. He'll vote for a public option on Obamacare, which should be popular in his state, but nothing that goes against the coal industry. He'll certainly speak out at some of President Biden's executive actions to promote green energy and environmental regulations. That's why I hope Democrats can get 51 or 52 seats not to depend on Manchin. He'll probably retire in 2024 from the senate anyway, and Republicans finally control all statewide elected offices in West Virginia.
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: October 09, 2020, 02:45:29 PM »

I watched part of the first debate, and Lisa Savage, who is a Green running as Independent, made a very sane impression. Especially compared to other Green Party candidates. She's smart and knows that she's very unlikely to win, but that Gideon has to win for a Democratic majority. With a Republican majority, nothing of her priorities gets passed; with Gideon, at least a better part of it has a realistic shot to be the law of the land.

Savage is likely someone who would be an addition to Democrats in congress to represent the progressive wing. Certainly better than Tlaib and Omar.
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: October 16, 2020, 02:31:36 PM »

Don’t these Republican senators ever get tired of this abusive relationship? They debase themselves and suck up to Trump, or at least avoid criticizing him, while he doesn’t think twice about raking them over the coals or throwing them under the bus. I have too much self-respect, pride, shame, honor, dignity, etc. to ever do what they do. It’s cowardly and pathetic.

All they care about is hanging on to their job. Nothing else. They have no principles.
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: November 04, 2020, 03:01:44 PM »

Maine voters did not learn their lesson. Sad!
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies