ME Sen I can't really be Collins it yet
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 02:33:40 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  ME Sen I can't really be Collins it yet
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 37 38 39 [40] 41
Author Topic: ME Sen I can't really be Collins it yet  (Read 75840 times)
Buffalo Mayor Young Kim
LVScreenssuck

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #975 on: November 04, 2020, 02:32:11 PM »

Well the people of Maine are officially the stupidest in country.
It's one thing to elect fascists because you really like fascism, it's another to elect one that transparently lies to your face.
ChiefFireWaterMike
LordRichard

« Reply #976 on: November 04, 2020, 02:34:43 PM »

It's one thing to elect fascists because you really like fascism, it's another to elect one that transparently lies to your face.
SALT
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #977 on: November 04, 2020, 02:35:28 PM »

Serves Leader Schumer right they said the were gonna get rid of the filibuster
Huey Long is a Republican
New Tennessean Politician
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #978 on: November 04, 2020, 02:38:43 PM »

Yeah, call voters stupid for voting against you. That's sure to work in your favour /s
Buffalo Mayor Young Kim
LVScreenssuck

« Reply #979 on: November 04, 2020, 02:39:02 PM »

SALT
'Ha ha, hundreds of thousands of Americans won't have access to healthcare next month'
One Term Floridian
swamiG

Political Matrix
E: -2.06, S: 3.13

« Reply #980 on: November 04, 2020, 02:41:19 PM »

Serves Leader Schumer right they said the were gonna get rid of the filibuster

Deport Schumer
WD
Western Democrat
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -0.35

« Reply #981 on: November 04, 2020, 02:47:16 PM »

lol the polling industry is dead
Skye
yeah_93
YaBB God
Venezuela

« Reply #982 on: November 04, 2020, 02:48:38 PM »

Collins really did just get 51% of the effing vote lmao.
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #983 on: November 04, 2020, 03:01:44 PM »

Maine voters did not learn their lesson. Sad!
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #984 on: November 04, 2020, 03:14:54 PM »

D's are in shock therapy to what happened to them in SC, KY, MT and KS these were wave insurance states to get them over 50 to end the filibuster and 100M on McGrath and Harrison

It wasn't a blue wave, it only looked that way, due to VBM, the same day voting came in for Trump
GoldenMainer
Rookie

« Reply #985 on: November 04, 2020, 03:44:16 PM »

This is why you listen to people who actually live in the state instead of just blindly following polling. Hopefully next time we actually have a primary where one candidate isn't chosen for us.

On the plus side, I'm very glad to see Jared Golden hold his seat considering the poor performance of some Dem representatives. Purple heart
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -1.39

P P P

« Reply #986 on: November 04, 2020, 03:50:21 PM »

This is why you listen to people who actually live in the state instead of just blindly following polling. Hopefully next time we actually have a primary where one candidate isn't chosen for us.

On the plus side, I'm very glad to see Jared Golden hold his seat considering the poor performance of some Dem representatives. Purple heart

She probably retires next time, I think she would've retired this time, if Democrats didn't target her for defeat
Dereich
Moderators
YaBB God

« Reply #987 on: November 04, 2020, 04:28:35 PM »

She probably retires next time, I think she would've retired this time, if Democrats didn't target her for defeat

Collins filed the paperwork for reelection in 2026 this morning.
TiltsAreUnderrated
Junior Chimp

« Reply #988 on: November 04, 2020, 04:36:54 PM »

That means little. Lots of retiring Senators do that, for fundraising purposes amongst others.
Ye We Can
Mumph

« Reply #989 on: November 04, 2020, 04:47:23 PM »

You know I could be wrong but this thread really reminds me of the Iowa Senate thread from 2016 when everyone thought Grassley was DOA until he wasn't. Yeah granted Maine isn't Iowa and I doubt Trump will carry Maine statewide but until I see consistent polls showing Gideon with a solid lead I'm gonna assume a bunch of Democrats outside of Portland are gonna vote for Collins like they always do. And Maine isn't as Democratic as it used to be.

Also Collins voting for Ratcliffe isn't gonna make any inpact lmao

I will now accept my accolades or whatever people say
Astatine

Political Matrix
E: -0.72, S: -5.90

« Reply #990 on: November 04, 2020, 04:49:39 PM »

That means little. Lots of retiring Senators do that, for fundraising purposes amongst others.

Yeah, DiFi did that as well.
TiltsAreUnderrated
Junior Chimp

« Reply #991 on: November 04, 2020, 05:56:19 PM »

At no point in this race did Jared Golden endorse Sara Gideon. Sad!
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #992 on: November 04, 2020, 10:27:33 PM »

SALT

Losing this race has Democrats very concerned.
SenatorCouzens
United States

« Reply #993 on: November 05, 2020, 02:51:58 AM »

Are you the one who watched the debate with your parents and let us know their reaction? At some point in this thread I complimented you! A breath of fresh air compared to the always-on-twitter anti-Collins contingent who think their cringey memes and lines about Collins oh-so-perfectly capture her career. Delusional.

I just watched several of the attack ads about her and many of them made her look good. She was shown to be constantly talking about process and moderation and the ads' punch-line about her being some right-winger or partisan stooge was always extremely underwhelming.
VAR
VARepublican
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #994 on: November 09, 2020, 01:14:23 PM »

What the hell is Gideon going to do with all the money she raised?
ProgressiveModerate
Atlas Icon

« Reply #995 on: November 09, 2020, 01:29:00 PM »

I think it's fair to say that at this point, a majoity of people on this forum think Collins will lose her senate race in 2020. However, a lot of this seems to be based of of 2 early polls that showed her narrowly losing, and several controversial vote that have sunk her approval rating. While this election will certainly be closer than it was in 2014, I don't see her loosing for a variety of reasons:

1. She won her previous election with 70% of the vote
2. Some of her disaproval comes from Rs who don't think she's "extreme" enough
3. ME has a large independent swing vote group that allowed Angus King to win by a landsldie in 2018, despite there being another D on the ballot that would split the liberal vote.
4. It's hard to pinpoint the true partisan lean of ME, but it's not all that blue of a state
5. Gideon isn't a great challenger in my opinion because her fundraising hasn't been great, and she doesn't come off as being moderate, and comes off as running as a stunt to unseat Collins, whereas someone like Manchin or Tester in 2018 didn't play national politics, but instead ran on the issues important to their state, and ended up winning, while someone like McCatskill trying ot play national politics lost.
6. Susan Collins can still save herself. She can take another controversial vote in favor of Ds to balance herself more. She can also distance herself from Trump. RCV allows her to run to the center and face little consequence, since tright wingers will still put her above Gideon
7. Susan Collins doesn't have to outperform Trump by much. ME isn't going to Biden by 15 points, sorry.
8. She still has some moderate votes to run on. This is stuff like healthcare, and many older voters may vote Collins-Biden based on healthcare alone.

Idk if it's juts me, but I feel like people are saying Gideon will win just because they want it to be true, when it still seems based upon all available data and what we know about ME, Collins is a clear favorite. Am I missing something?

Should've stuck with this. Ah!!!
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #996 on: November 09, 2020, 01:33:45 PM »

But, wbrooks87 told us that Gideon was gonna beat Collins, yeah this was a crow eating race for all elected D officials that assumed the D's that Collins was DOA and Tillis😭😭😭
Canis
canis
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -5.03, S: -6.26

P P P

« Reply #997 on: November 09, 2020, 01:40:15 PM »

wow Collins won by almost the exact same margin as Biden
President: Biden +8.7 +70,742 votes
Senate: Collins +8.88% +72,001 votes
Who where the Biden/Collins voters kind of Crazy that Collins outpreformed trump by a whole 16 points
VAR
VARepublican
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #998 on: November 09, 2020, 01:43:04 PM »

But, wbrooks87 told us that Gideon was gonna beat Collins, yeah this was a crow eating race for all elected D officials that assumed the D's that Collins was DOA and Tillis😭😭😭

Drag him king
Arkansas Yankee
United States
« Reply #999 on: November 09, 2020, 02:10:08 PM »

The Senate is never going blue again, is it? Lol
Don’t be so foolish as to say never. I think 30 years would be great.  Like 1954 to 1980.
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 37 38 39 [40] 41  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies