ME Sen I can't really be Collins it yet
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 10:10:05 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  ME Sen I can't really be Collins it yet
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 ... 41
Author Topic: ME Sen I can't really be Collins it yet  (Read 76041 times)
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #100 on: June 25, 2019, 11:02:12 AM »
« edited: June 25, 2019, 11:08:31 AM by Mayor Steve Pearce »

EMILY's Li$t follows the money, chooses the more corporate woman again.

I cannot wait until this blight on the progressive movement is dismantled.
America Needs a 13-6 Progressive SCOTUS
Solid4096
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.88, S: -8.51

P P P
« Reply #101 on: June 25, 2019, 03:39:39 PM »

Likely D, teetering at the edge of Safe D.
I Can Now Die Happy
NYC Millennial Minority
United States
Political Matrix
E: 4.39, S: -4.70

P P
« Reply #102 on: June 25, 2019, 03:56:47 PM »
« Edited: June 25, 2019, 05:09:40 PM by Brittain33 »

I expect Collins to easily win, but then again I expect most Republicans to win in 2020, including the candidates I like and support.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #103 on: June 25, 2019, 04:01:36 PM »

I expect Collins to easily win, but then again I expect most Republicans to win in 2020, including the best one.

Collins is no-shoe and neither is Tillis, McSally or Gardner, Dems path to majority
MarkD
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #104 on: June 29, 2019, 12:29:02 AM »

I have a few questions.

Why hasn't Sen. Collins even announced her re-election plans? Does she really need more time to figure out what she wants to do and more polls to tell her about her chances? What if she doesn't run? Wouldn't that mean that this race is Likely D, since there doesn't appear to be anyone at in the Republican bench of Collins's stature? Why are Atlas users still assuming that she will run?

And what does this mean: ..... "I can't really be Collins it yet" ....? I was first thinking that I am just going to post "I can't really be understanding what is this question it yet."
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #105 on: June 29, 2019, 02:32:31 AM »

It looks like there might be a red wave happening right now, with polls coming out in ME and IA, key states that are needed to take back Senate.

We cant be sure, but at least in Senate, the Dems are down in TX, AL, IA and ME. The House is another story
Brittain33
brittain33
Atlas Star

« Reply #106 on: June 29, 2019, 01:57:38 PM »

I have a few questions.

Why hasn't Sen. Collins even announced her re-election plans? Does she really need more time to figure out what she wants to do and more polls to tell her about her chances? What if she doesn't run? Wouldn't that mean that this race is Likely D, since there doesn't appear to be anyone at in the Republican bench of Collins's stature? Why are Atlas users still assuming that she will run?

And what does this mean: ..... "I can't really be Collins it yet" ....? I was first thinking that I am just going to post "I can't really be understanding what is this question it yet."

Collins said in January she intends to run and she continues to raise tons of money. Yes, her retirement would be an enormous gift to Dems because she’s probably at least as hard to dislodge as Manchin was.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #107 on: June 29, 2019, 02:49:44 PM »

She seems decent, but we obviously need someone better.

You all keep saying this, but you can’t come up with anybody.

Troy Jackson
MarkD
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #108 on: June 29, 2019, 03:14:51 PM »

I have a few questions.

Collins said in January she intends to run and she continues to raise tons of money. Yes, her retirement would be an enormous gift to Dems because she’s probably at least as hard to dislodge as Manchin was.

I just did some more research, and according to a Politico article in January, incorporating words from her interview on NBC, she said, "I'm getting ready to run. But frankly, I just think it's too early to make that kind of decision. But I'm getting prepared, and I'll make a final decision toward the end of this year." Her fundraising is preparation for a possible run, but Wikipedia still treats her as having not announced that she is running. That was why I asked.
Brittain33
brittain33
Atlas Star

« Reply #109 on: June 29, 2019, 03:34:17 PM »

I have a few questions.

I just did some more research, and according to a Politico article in January, incorporating words from her interview on NBC, she said, "I'm getting ready to run. But frankly, I just think it's too early to make that kind of decision. But I'm getting prepared, and I'll make a final decision toward the end of this year." Her fundraising is preparation for a possible run, but Wikipedia still treats her as having not announced that she is running. That was why I asked.

Ok, fair enough.
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #110 on: July 02, 2019, 03:18:51 PM »

My favorite part is how they're picking and choosing in this primary between two women, but haven't endorsed Maggie Toulouse Oliver in NM over noted grifter, establishment candidate, and male Ben Ray Lujan.

Just call these scumbags a front group for the establishment already.
JerryArkansas
jerryarkansas
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #111 on: July 02, 2019, 03:41:25 PM »

My favorite part is how they're picking and choosing in this primary between two women, but haven't endorsed Maggie Toulouse Oliver in NM over noted grifter, establishment candidate, and male Ben Ray Lujan.

Dude you really have a hate boner over Emily's list.  Guess someone doesn't like that their fav women don't get picked and have to dunk on a womens organization to feel better.

Also strange you want to call the hispanic man a grifter when the white woman you support does the same things he does.  Hmm I wonder why bro.
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #112 on: July 02, 2019, 07:11:32 PM »
« Edited: July 03, 2019, 12:27:40 AM by Mayor Steve Pearce »

Dude you really have a hate boner over Emily's list.  Guess someone doesn't like that their fav women don't get picked and have to dunk on a womens organization to feel better.

Also strange you want to call the hispanic man a grifter when the white woman you support does the same things he does.  Hmm I wonder why bro.

I'm pointing out the hypocrisy of an organization that's ostensibly founded to elect women deciding to pick and choose which woman is the most qualified, but not supporting a pro-choice Democratic woman who's actually running against a man. Considering this and their non-endorsement of Kara Eastman in NE-2, I think I've justified my issues with them.

I'm also fairly sure Maggie Toulouse Oliver didn't throw Ilhan Omar under the bus, and she certainly didn't come out in "support" of her hours after ripping her on national TV like Lujan did.

Fake allies like you are the reason why racism and sexism aren't taken seriously. You don't care about stopping racism and sexism in politics. You are the white male savior personified: your accusations are to protect politicians you agree with. You've taken up the mantle of fighting for women, even if some of the women on Greater Atlas agree with me. Your "crusade" is self-serving, paternalistic, and in bad faith.

Then again, considering all that, it's no wonder why you support these bull**** artists.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #113 on: July 03, 2019, 02:59:01 PM »
« Edited: July 03, 2019, 03:40:12 PM by Anthony Davis is Awesome »

The only reason why King won ME, was due to Snowe was getting a primary challenger and was gonna lose anyways. Collins has always been tough to beat.
GoldenMainer
Rookie

« Reply #114 on: July 03, 2019, 03:40:16 PM »

I highly doubt Snowe would have actually lost a primary challenge. If you think Collins is popular, Snowe was even more popular. When they served together, Snowe was always the star and Collins was the ugly less popular stepchild who never got the spotlight. Snowe got about 75% of the vote in 2006, a Democratic wave year. Some random upstart loser wasn't going to take her down.

Gracile
gracile
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.00, S: -7.65

« Reply #115 on: July 07, 2019, 10:25:07 AM »

Susan Collins says she doesn't regret Kavanaugh vote 'in the least'
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.48, S: -1.83

« Reply #116 on: July 07, 2019, 11:03:24 AM »

Why even say that? Is she trying to fend off a primary challenge?
SnowLabrador
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #117 on: July 07, 2019, 01:10:14 PM »

Either that, or it makes her look bad if she admits to regretting it. Hopefully in 18 months she regrets it.
QAnonKelly
dotard

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -5.50

« Reply #118 on: July 07, 2019, 03:14:46 PM »

She said in the same article that she hasn’t made her mind up about running again either. Gideon is sitting pretty money wise, especially in a cheap media market state. She might choose not to run
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #119 on: July 07, 2019, 03:27:52 PM »

The hill is trash- read the full original

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/07/06/us/politics/susan-collins-election.html
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #120 on: July 07, 2019, 05:17:53 PM »

She said in the same article that she hasn’t made her mind up about running again either. Gideon is sitting pretty money wise, especially in a cheap media market state. She might choose not to run
She's going to run lol
Zaybay
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.25, S: -6.50

« Reply #121 on: July 07, 2019, 05:28:35 PM »

Collins not running would be a godsend to Schumer and the rest of the Senate Ds, but a danger for Gideon. Without Collins, we would probably see every D and their mother running for what would appear to be a safe and easy pickup.
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #122 on: July 07, 2019, 05:35:39 PM »

I would break my arm to get Susan Collins not to run.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #123 on: July 07, 2019, 07:27:17 PM »

Collins not running would be a godsend to Schumer and the rest of the Senate Ds, but a danger for Gideon. Without Collins, we would probably see every D and their mother running for what would appear to be a safe and easy pickup.

The election is 14 mnths away, and Collins in below 50%, this race isnt over, yet. The only, ones not vulnerable are: Ernst & SMC
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #124 on: July 07, 2019, 07:37:58 PM »

The election is 14 mnths away, and Collins in below 50%, this race isnt over, yet. The only, ones not vulnerable are: Ernst & SMC

SMC is Collins ffs dude.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 ... 41  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies