ME Sen I can't really be Collins it yet
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 02:36:57 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  ME Sen I can't really be Collins it yet
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 ... 41
Author Topic: ME Sen I can't really be Collins it yet  (Read 75877 times)
Roll Roons
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #700 on: September 18, 2020, 09:33:01 AM »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bq9Yle-_tF0

Charlie Baker and Larry Hogan are endorsing Collins.

ProgressiveModerate
Atlas Icon

« Reply #701 on: September 18, 2020, 09:35:27 AM »

Don't know how much these endorsements help her because of partisanship, but this race was definately never going to be an easy flip.
SnowLabrador
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #702 on: September 18, 2020, 09:43:29 AM »

Don't know how much these endorsements help her because of partisanship, but this race was definately never going to be an easy flip.

I mean, they are Republicans, so I suppose this is to be expected. But anyone who endorses a Senate Republican is serving a radical, far-right agenda that poses a massive threat to the future of all life on this planet.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #703 on: September 18, 2020, 11:22:42 AM »

And not a single f**k was given.
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -5.39

P

« Reply #704 on: September 18, 2020, 11:33:18 AM »

You know who’s not there

I think we know who I’m talking about

He’s so awesome
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #705 on: September 18, 2020, 11:34:34 AM »

Nobody in ME cares, though?
Canis
canis
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -5.03, S: -6.26

P P P

« Reply #706 on: September 18, 2020, 11:36:06 AM »

Lol I bet less than 5% of people in Maine even know who Hogan and Baker are more people probably know Lieberman
ηєω ƒяσηтιєя
New Frontier
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.42, S: -1.22

« Reply #707 on: September 18, 2020, 11:41:50 AM »

Hogan & Baker are ONLY anti-Trump. They are NOT anti-GOP. They are literally Republicans, so it's not a surprise. Also, most Mainers don't care about these endorsements.
Grumpier Than Thou
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States
Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #708 on: September 18, 2020, 11:46:21 AM »

More proof that there's no such thing as a moderate Republican. They will all come home to roost no matter who the President is. "I don't like Trump, but I support the politicians that enable his worst tendencies and pass his agenda." is not an anti-Trump message.
ProgressiveModerate
Atlas Icon

« Reply #709 on: September 18, 2020, 12:05:01 PM »

Lol "I'm a Republican it I'm very Independent, which is why I'm supporting another Republican for senate". I like Hogan as a governor, but would prefer if he didn't get involved in national politics.
Crane
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -8.16, S: 3.22

P

« Reply #710 on: September 18, 2020, 12:37:35 PM »

Hogan & Baker are ONLY anti-Trump. They are NOT anti-GOP. They are literally Republicans, so it's not a surprise. Also, most Mainers don't care about these endorsements.

When will people start to realize many of Trump's policies are Republican policies?

Banker and Hogan have done what they can do help the rich avoid tax increases and push other conservative economic policies. Their damage has been limited by their legislatures, but make no mistake, they are Republicans for a reason. 
Figueira
Atlas Icon

« Reply #711 on: September 18, 2020, 02:04:58 PM »

Maura Healey has endorsed Sara Gideon in retaliation. Testing the waters for 2022?

Anyway, Baker endorsed Warren's right-wing opponent in 2018 so no one should be surprised that he supports Collins. I doubt it will have any effect on Maine because Charlie Baker/Larry Hogan types are already Collins's base. Can you imagine a Democrat in Maine being appalled at Collins's support for Trump and then saying "Wait, Charlie Baker endorsed her? I might have to reconsider!"?
SenatorCouzens
United States

« Reply #712 on: September 18, 2020, 02:24:34 PM »

Obviously no one in Maine cares what Lieberman, Baker, or Hogan as individuals think. But it's a warm and fuzzy add by well-spoken and polite moderate governors talking about how great Susan Collins is. It seems pretty straight forward and obvious to me, and it's not a bad add. No one is dumb enough to think their names are changing votes, but the add is trying to bolster Collins image as a smart, moderate, hardworking senator.
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #713 on: September 18, 2020, 03:11:09 PM »

I like Collins, but it is time for her to go.

She never had the guts to vote to have Trump removed from office.

She never had the guts to vote against Kavanaugh for the U.S. Supreme Court.

She has let her state down, and the people in her state.

It's been nice Susan, but it is time to part ways.

You are going down, sister.
It's not just that you are a crook senator
MelihV
Rookie
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -4.65, S: -5.04

P P P
« Reply #714 on: September 18, 2020, 03:43:09 PM »

Eh i think Collins did okay in the debate but her Justice Roberts question was stupid, what is the point of talking about a hypothetical supreme court vote that happened 15 years ago?

Gideon could have done way better.

Savage did very well.
Crane
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -8.16, S: 3.22

P

« Reply #715 on: September 18, 2020, 05:54:51 PM »

Did anyone note that Joe Manchin endorsed Collins? Haha
ProgressiveModerate
Atlas Icon

« Reply #716 on: September 18, 2020, 07:55:14 PM »

Tilt R now that RGB died. This really opens up a clear opportunity for her to redeem herself. Maybe I'm just being too overreactive to the events of the day though
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -5.39

P

« Reply #717 on: September 18, 2020, 07:59:16 PM »

Tilt R now that RGB died. This really opens up a clear opportunity for her to redeem herself. Maybe I'm just being too overreactive to the events of the day though

Uhhh

how?
ProgressiveModerate
Atlas Icon

« Reply #718 on: September 18, 2020, 08:01:08 PM »

Uhhh

how?

If she votes yes on any Trump SC replacement for RBG, she will be dead on arrival. However, if she is the deciding nay or even abstain, which I think is very possible, she will gain the title of "moderate hero" back.
TiltsAreUnderrated
Junior Chimp

« Reply #719 on: September 18, 2020, 08:18:57 PM »

Uhhh

how?

If she votes yes on any Trump SC replacement for RBG, she will be dead on arrival. However, if she is the deciding nay or even abstain, which I think is very possible, she will gain the title of "moderate hero" back.

She won't be the deciding vote if she's a "no", but she will regain credibility if she chooses to offer up a performative "no" with McConnell's agreement and a majority of other Senators voting "yes".
Astatine

Political Matrix
E: -0.72, S: -5.90

« Reply #720 on: September 18, 2020, 08:20:30 PM »

Uhhh

how?

Gideon can still and very likely will attack Collins that if she loses, she'd still vote for Trump's appointment in a lame duck period. Why would she care if she's out of office anyways after Kavanaugh and impeachment. Only a vote for Gideon would be a safe vote against a Trump appointment.
TiltsAreUnderrated
Junior Chimp

« Reply #721 on: September 18, 2020, 08:21:51 PM »

Uhhh

how?

Gideon can still and very likely will attack Collins that if she loses, she'd still vote for Trump's appointment in a lame duck period. Why would she care if she's out of office anyways after Kavanaugh and impeachment. Only a vote for Gideon would be a safe vote against a Trump appointment.

If the vote happens before the election and Collins votes "no", that will make such attack ads look silly to most of the general public.
Zaybay
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.25, S: -6.50

« Reply #722 on: September 18, 2020, 08:24:54 PM »

I'm starting to wonder if you guys actively want Collins to win, considering how many bones you've thrown her even after poll after poll shows her situation as untenable.
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #723 on: September 18, 2020, 08:26:59 PM »

Uhhh

how?

If the vote happens before the election and Collins votes "no", that will make such attack ads look silly to most of the general public.

A. The Senate vote will 100% not be until the lame duck.
B. If Collins votes no it kills her turnout among Republican voters, who may well skip the Senate race out of spite.
TiltsAreUnderrated
Junior Chimp

« Reply #724 on: September 18, 2020, 08:30:09 PM »

Uhhh

how?

A. The Senate vote will 100% not be until the lame duck.
B. If Collins votes no it kills her turnout among Republican voters, who may well skip the Senate race out of spite.

I suspect RCV will solve this problem. Many will vote for Linn with their hearts and give her their second preference with their heads.
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 ... 41  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies