ME Sen I can't really be Collins it yet
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 09:26:20 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  ME Sen I can't really be Collins it yet
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 ... 41
Author Topic: ME Sen I can't really be Collins it yet  (Read 75287 times)
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #425 on: June 29, 2020, 09:34:19 PM »

Yeah... Collins isn't winning this November

At this point I want her to lose more than Trump. At least he’s open about being sh!tty.

I'm not a staunch pro-choice advocate, but I definitely think that Collins betrayed her constituents in this respect, by voting for someone who would rule in a way adverse to their interests. And Gideon has seized upon that, as any good opponent would. It's clearer, day by day, that the Kavanaugh vote was a critical mistake on Collins' part, and may very well have already sealed her fate.
brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -3.30

« Reply #426 on: June 29, 2020, 09:40:09 PM »

At this point I want her to lose more than Trump. At least he’s open about being sh!tty.

I'm not a staunch pro-choice advocate, but I definitely think that Collins betrayed her constituents in this respect, by voting for someone who would rule in a way adverse to their interests. And Gideon has seized upon that, as any good opponent would. It's clearer, day by day, that the Kavanaugh vote was a critical mistake on Collins' part, and may very well have already sealed her fate.

In a weird twist of events, Brett Kavanaugh himself has aborted Collins' re-election campaign. Thoughts & prayers, Susan!
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #427 on: June 29, 2020, 10:22:56 PM »

In a weird twist of events, Brett Kavanaugh himself has aborted Collins' re-election campaign. Thoughts & prayers, Susan!

That is true. It's still something to think about, when you realize that Collins was "upstaged" on Kavanaugh by Murkowski and on impeachment by Romney. I still don't understand why she's decided to "sell her soul to the Devil" these past few years. Had she gone the opposite direction on these things, she would be in a better position. Given her prior record and Maine's favoritism for mavericks and third-party candidates, she would have easily held her seat as an independent. But that path is foreclosed now.
QAnonKelly
dotard

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -5.50

« Reply #428 on: June 29, 2020, 10:55:30 PM »

To add to Collins's Kavanaugh troubles, today the NYT reported that during his hearings, Bob Woodward was going to expose him as one of his sources in his Clinton impeachment book because he lied about it but his boss killed the story.  Yeah that guy who told her he wouldn't overturn Roe is totally trustable because he lied about that, his role in the stolen emails (under oath too), and his youth.

Like I've said about her before, I don't doubt she's been put in a tough position but it seems like she's made the wrong decision at every turn and I don't feel sorry for her.  She's a total POS and she deserves to lose more than any other senator.
It's not just that you are a crook senator
MelihV
Rookie
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -4.65, S: -5.04

P P P
« Reply #429 on: June 30, 2020, 03:34:31 AM »

Adios Collins! You could've easily Angus King'ed your way into re-election but you chose politically and morally the incorrect path.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #430 on: July 02, 2020, 04:15:08 PM »

wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #431 on: July 02, 2020, 05:41:03 PM »

Holy sh**t. And again, this isn't even with the $4M she gets from the GoFundMe thing
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #432 on: July 02, 2020, 06:59:03 PM »

Likely R
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #433 on: July 02, 2020, 07:06:27 PM »

so you think SC is lean D but ME is likely R?
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #434 on: July 02, 2020, 07:09:30 PM »

Yeah I do
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.48, S: -1.83

« Reply #435 on: July 02, 2020, 07:12:20 PM »

Holy sh**t. And again, this isn't even with the $4M she gets from the GoFundMe thing

also another fund with 1.4 mil

https://secure.actblue.com/entity/fundraisers/56191
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #436 on: July 02, 2020, 07:18:45 PM »

Could you explain your reasoning?
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #437 on: July 02, 2020, 07:34:22 PM »

The answer is Doug Jones is within 3 pts  in an internal and SC changed its flag during the Nikki Hakey years from Confederate and Tim Scott has the same skin color as Jamie Harrison.

SC, GA, VA, TX, FL are multi racial states. NC still have Confederates, that's why Tillis is still holding on in NC

As far as ME is concerned, Sununu, Phil Scott, Baker and Hogan won in D states, and Sununu and Scott are likely to hold on. If they can win so can Collins, whom is just as moderate as those R Govs
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #438 on: July 02, 2020, 07:43:35 PM »

The answer is Doug Jones is within 3 pts  in an internal and SC changed its flag during the Nikki Hakey years from Confederate and Tim Scott has the same skin color as Jamie Harrison.

SC, GA, VA, TX, FL are multi racial states. NC still have Confederates, that's why Tillis is still holding on in NC

As far as ME is concerned, Sununu, Phil Scott, Baker and Hogan won in D states, and Sununu and Scott are likely to hold on. If they can win so can Collins, whom is just as moderate as those R Govs
But everyone you listed is a governor not a senators. Senators are more tied to presidents than governors are. Also you failed to factor in that Trump failed to build the wall despite running against entitlements. Meaning agnostic Asains are gonna deliver Maine for Sara like they almost did for Dukakis before the tank ad 🤩🤩🤩
ProgressiveModerate
Atlas Icon

« Reply #439 on: July 02, 2020, 08:30:51 PM »

I've said and will continue to have Collins as a slight favorite, even if Biden is polling in landslide numbers. She's had a long time to build up her reputation, and even though she's damaged it, it's still there. Also, she can run to the center after she wins the R primary because of RCV, since the far right who may not put her first will still have her above Gideon most likely. RCV really does favor moderate canidates, and Susan Collins at least is percieved to be more moderate than Gideon.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #440 on: July 02, 2020, 08:37:56 PM »

It's time to rethink the EC map, James, Harrison, Collins, Warnock, Jones and Bollier can all be in the Senate together as long as Dems have 51 votes before the GA runoff to guaretee, McConnell is the minority leader and it doesnt go to a power sharing agreement that was authorized by Bill Frist and Tom Daschle in 2000 when Rs had 51/50 votes
ProgressiveModerate
Atlas Icon

« Reply #441 on: July 02, 2020, 08:50:29 PM »

It's time to rethink the EC map, James, Harrison, Collins, Warnock, Jones and Bollier can all be in the Senate together as long as Dems have 51 votes before the GA runoff to guaretee, McConnell is the minority leader and it doesnt go to a power sharing agreement that was authorized by Bill Frist and Tom Daschle in 2000 when Rs had 51/50 votes

I think the Ds best path in this age of little split ticket voting is -AL, +CO, AZ, NC and one of ME, MT, AK, IA, GA(Regular). Unfortunately, things are way too polarized for Da to win in deep red inelastic states like SC that have very few split ticket voters, unless Biden wins in a landslide landslide. NC will probably flip if Biden is doing about +5 in NPV or maybe a bit better. ME and MT cancel out because they will be a test of whether partisanship or canidate quality wins out, so if Ds lose ME for example, I think they have a better chance of winning MT. Gross can run an independent campaign in AK and overtake Sullivan. People forget that Rs rarely win above 50% of the raw vote in AK, and many many people vote 3rd party. Running a D-I-L ensures basically all the Democratic vote, and will likely cause some Independents and Libertarians to break his way, which may be enough to put him over the top, but he needs to distance himself from the national D party in order to do so. IA and GA (Regular) can flip if Biden is doing well enough nationally to win those states, or at the very least, make the presidential margin close. In my view, the only way Ds win GA (s) maybe is if Trump wins again and Ds make a huge deal out of the race and get really high turnout, which is really hard in off elections in the south. If Biden wins, Ds have virtually no chnace since all the energy that caused him to will have evaporated and "racists" whites will come out in droves to ensure Collins (or maybe Loeffeller) wins. There's also a good chance that Collins and Loefeller are the only 2 to make the runoff, making it and R v R and the Ds would have no chance since there isn't a D on the ballot. This would likely occur if Trump is doing well in GA (and nationally), which makes the chance of them flipping it in a runoff after a Trump win even less likely. GA(s) is likely R in terms of probability.
Attorney General, LGC Speaker, and Former PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

« Reply #442 on: July 02, 2020, 10:38:43 PM »

Dwarven Dragon News Network is proud to endorse Susan Collins! Collins represents what remains of the Republican Party's old moderate wing, and must be preserved to save the Senate. Democrats do not need Collins's seat to regain the majority, and we believe she has proven to be an invaluable member of the senate essential to making bipartisan accomplishments possible.
Lisa's voting Biden
LCameronAL
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.75, S: -3.83

« Reply #443 on: July 02, 2020, 10:54:50 PM »

...she has proven to be an invaluable member of the senate essential to making bipartisan accomplishments possible.
Like voting in Kavanaugh (which was very unpopular) and voting against impeachment (which was far more popular)?
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #444 on: July 02, 2020, 11:17:35 PM »

...she has proven to be an invaluable member of the senate essential to making bipartisan accomplishments possible.
Like voting in Kavanaugh (which was very unpopular) and voting against impeachment (which was far more popular)?
She had to vote the way she did in both of these votes or she would have overwhelmingly lost the Republican Primary. DDNN does not fault candidates in these types of situations.
America Needs a 13-6 Progressive SCOTUS
Solid4096
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.88, S: -8.51

P P P
« Reply #445 on: July 02, 2020, 11:31:49 PM »

She had to vote the way she did in both of these votes or she would have overwhelmingly lost the Republican Primary. DDNN does not fault candidates in these types of situations.

Only voting for impeachment would have caused her to lose a primary out of these 2. Voting against Kavanaugh would have made zero difference.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #446 on: July 02, 2020, 11:48:15 PM »

I am starting to like Collins now, I support her reelected
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #447 on: July 03, 2020, 12:27:17 AM »

Please do whatever you can to ensure she is reelected
YE
Modadmin
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -0.52

« Reply #448 on: July 03, 2020, 01:54:57 AM »

Welp, time to change this race from Lean Gideon to Safe Collins.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #449 on: July 03, 2020, 05:08:52 AM »

I've said and will continue to have Collins as a slight favorite, even if Biden is polling in landslide numbers. She's had a long time to build up her reputation, and even though she's damaged it, it's still there. Also, she can run to the center after she wins the R primary because of RCV, since the far right who may not put her first will still have her above Gideon most likely. RCV really does favor moderate canidates, and Susan Collins at least is percieved to be more moderate than Gideon.

A) since when is Gideon assumed to be some super-far leftist?
B) i don't think anyone can say that Collins is a moderate now with a straight face. I think the people of Maine saw the Kavanaugh vote and the health care vote, and the constant about-face on Trump all the time.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 ... 41  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies