ME Sen I can't really be Collins it yet
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 04:43:14 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  ME Sen I can't really be Collins it yet
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 ... 41
Author Topic: ME Sen I can't really be Collins it yet  (Read 75976 times)
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #400 on: May 17, 2020, 10:59:52 AM »

Trump is down by 6 pts in a natl poll, in a poll like that, Collins or even Ernst wont survive
QAnonKelly
dotard

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -5.50

« Reply #401 on: May 17, 2020, 01:23:48 PM »

A lot of the Trumpers are gonna vote for her anyways, because he told them to. Are they going to vote Gideon?

No but they could always just leave senate blank or write in someone else.
TiltsAreUnderrated
Junior Chimp

« Reply #402 on: May 17, 2020, 01:25:02 PM »

A lot of the Trumpers are gonna vote for her anyways, because he told them to. Are they going to vote Gideon?

RCV means they can vote both for their favourite pro-Trump independent and support the Republican nominee.
QAnonKelly
dotard

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -5.50

« Reply #403 on: May 17, 2020, 01:25:58 PM »

RCV means they can vote both for their favourite pro-Trump independent and support the Republican nominee.

That’s true too.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #404 on: May 17, 2020, 01:42:13 PM »

If some dont believe Collins is DOA and Ernst and Gardner whom voted to acquit Trump, arent looking at the 6 point spread, with Amash out of race, that Biden is leading Trump
Arizona Iced Tea
Minute Maid Juice
Junior Chimp

« Reply #405 on: May 17, 2020, 02:09:37 PM »

If some dont believe Collins is DOA and Ernst and Gardner whom voted to acquit Trump, arent looking at the 6 point spread, with Amash out of race, that Biden is leading Trump
I think Gardner is close to DOA, I just need to know who the Dem nominee and the usual house keeping stuff first. Ernst might be toxic, but she will win off Trump's coattails in Iowa. Amash is out, but that doesn't have any impact on the Senate races does it? Collins is in a tougher fight than before but Maine is light blue state, so she can hang on, although I think the race is tossup.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #406 on: May 17, 2020, 02:43:04 PM »

I think Gardner is close to DOA, I just need to know who the Dem nominee and the usual house keeping stuff first. Ernst might be toxic, but she will win off Trump's coattails in Iowa. Amash is out, but that doesn't have any impact on the Senate races does it? Collins is in a tougher fight than before but Maine is light blue state, so she can hang on, although I think the race is tossup.

Ernst is tied in the PPP polls against Greenfield 43 to 42.and Dems are targeting IA due to our Congressional districts need protection

MT has a Libertarian on ballot, with Amash out, Cooney and Bullock stand a better chance. Just like Tester narrowly won with a Libertarian on ballot in 2018
Lognog
United States

« Reply #407 on: May 28, 2020, 11:05:30 PM »

Sunrise Movement Endorses Betsy Sweet
This may seem not that important but as a member of the sunrise movement I gotta say the organization is insanely good they took Brad Sherman primary challenger in my District to from polling around 0-1% to getting 11% after endorsing him 2 weeks before the election really good groundgame which during covid translates to phonebanking and other things I expect Gideon to win the primary still but this really helps Sweet

thank god there is RCV or this would really scare me, but with it I think it turns people out that will still vote for gideon over collins
SnowLabrador
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #408 on: May 29, 2020, 09:56:45 AM »

This may seem not that important but as a member of the sunrise movement I gotta say the organization is insanely good they took Brad Sherman primary challenger in my District to from polling around 0-1% to getting 11% after endorsing him 2 weeks before the election really good groundgame which during covid translates to phonebanking and other things I expect Gideon to win the primary still but this really helps Sweet

thank god there is RCV or this would really scare me, but with it I think it turns people out that will still vote for gideon over collins

This. The left-leaning independents on the ballot do worry me, but hopefully they mark Gideon before Collins on their ballots.
America Needs a 13-6 Progressive SCOTUS
Solid4096
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.88, S: -8.51

P P P
« Reply #409 on: May 29, 2020, 01:27:36 PM »

This. The left-leaning independents on the ballot do worry me, but hopefully they mark Gideon before Collins on their ballots.
Betsy Sweet is running in the Dem primary, not as an indy in the general though.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #410 on: June 15, 2020, 05:25:04 AM »

The fact this article makes a big deal about "Collins' quiet political comeback", while only sourcing an *internal* R poll that has her up +1 is... a joke to put it lightly

The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #411 on: June 15, 2020, 08:47:48 AM »

The fact this article makes a big deal about "Collins' quiet political comeback", while only sourcing an *internal* R poll that has her up +1 is... a joke to put it lightly

Conducted late April.
Flyersfan232

« Reply #412 on: June 17, 2020, 08:20:22 PM »

I think it's fair to say that at this point, a majoity of people on this forum think Collins will lose her senate race in 2020. However, a lot of this seems to be based of of 2 early polls that showed her narrowly losing, and several controversial vote that have sunk her approval rating. While this election will certainly be closer than it was in 2014, I don't see her loosing for a variety of reasons:

1. She won her previous election with 70% of the vote
2. Some of her disaproval comes from Rs who don't think she's "extreme" enough
3. ME has a large independent swing vote group that allowed Angus King to win by a landsldie in 2018, despite there being another D on the ballot that would split the liberal vote.
4. It's hard to pinpoint the true partisan lean of ME, but it's not all that blue of a state
5. Gideon isn't a great challenger in my opinion because her fundraising hasn't been great, and she doesn't come off as being moderate, and comes off as running as a stunt to unseat Collins, whereas someone like Manchin or Tester in 2018 didn't play national politics, but instead ran on the issues important to their state, and ended up winning, while someone like McCatskill trying ot play national politics lost.
6. Susan Collins can still save herself. She can take another controversial vote in favor of Ds to balance herself more. She can also distance herself from Trump
7. Susan Collins doesn't have to outperform Trump by much. ME isn't going to Biden by 15 points, sorry.
8. She still has some moderate votes to run on. This is stuff like healthcare, and many older voters may vote Collins-Biden based on healthcare alone.

Idk if it's juts me, but I feel like people are saying Gideon will win just because they want it to be true, when it still seems based upon all available data and what we know about ME, Collins is a clear favorite. Am I missing something?
I just wanted to add that trump can very well win Maine at large and if he is odds are Collins is also winning
TiltsAreUnderrated
Junior Chimp

« Reply #413 on: June 17, 2020, 08:24:04 PM »

Susan Collins released an internal poll from April showing her up 1 point as a supposedly positive indicator. We know it's not her only internal as she mentioned her favourability moving up 8 points from January, so there's a decent chance there have been several other surveys showing less rosy results (and her internal pollster was likely to skew the result in her favour anyway, as it was the Tarrance Group). The presidential race has leant more Democratic since then, some of that is likely to bleed downballot and while I do expect things to get slightly better for the GOP than they are now, we've no reason to believe that a reversion to the mean is especially likely.

If the Republicans are quietly admitting they're behind in this race, I think the odds are not in her favour.
Gass3268
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #414 on: June 29, 2020, 09:57:31 AM »

Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #415 on: June 29, 2020, 10:57:29 AM »

Bush W lobbied her due to fact Kavanaugh was his judge and Barbara Bush had died. The Bushes were very close to Collins they had a home in ME.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #416 on: June 29, 2020, 11:12:49 AM »

Sara Gideon is so good.

Also, it's a crime that there's been no polls of this race.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #417 on: June 29, 2020, 02:31:33 PM »
« Edited: June 29, 2020, 02:34:34 PM by CORY BOOKER »

Lots of time, but its Gideon wins by 1 to 3 points. It's very difficult to poll ME 2, Golden is winning reelection but Collins does well in ME2
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #418 on: June 29, 2020, 02:36:32 PM »

Sara Gideon is so good.

Also, it's a crime that there's been no polls of this race.

Yeah, she's easily one of the best candidates this cycle, along with Steve Bullock and Mark Kelly. If she actually wins, I think she'd be presidential or vice presidential material in the future.
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #419 on: June 29, 2020, 02:37:05 PM »

Collins has worn out her welcome. Biden will help carry Gideon over the finish line.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #420 on: June 29, 2020, 03:52:39 PM »

Collins has worn out her welcome. Biden will help carry Gideon over the finish line.

Giden is a good recruit though.. I don't think she'd have a hard time without Biden. I don't think it's gonna be razor thin, either.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #421 on: June 29, 2020, 06:51:09 PM »

Yeah... Collins isn't winning this November

Warren 4 Secretary of Everything
Clinton1996
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -4.70

« Reply #422 on: June 29, 2020, 06:59:02 PM »

At this point I want her to lose more than Trump. At least he’s open about being sh!tty.
TiltsAreUnderrated
Junior Chimp

« Reply #423 on: June 29, 2020, 07:17:16 PM »

At this point I want her to lose more than Trump. At least he’s open about being sh!tty.

She gets memed her for becoming a lot less moderate, but still stopped skinny repeal. Attempting to compromise on new bills with Collins but without McConnell's approval is not a complete waste of time; outside of foreign policy, however, that holds for just about every other Republican Senator bar Murkowski and Romney (and Rand Paul + Mike Lee on civil libertarian issues). 

Really not a fan but better her than, say, Thom Tillis.
Upstater
Rookie
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.58, S: -4.00

P P
« Reply #424 on: June 29, 2020, 08:07:22 PM »

Collins is such a clown.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 ... 41  
« previous next »