ME Sen I can't really be Collins it yet
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 11:15:12 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  ME Sen I can't really be Collins it yet
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 ... 41
Author Topic: ME Sen I can't really be Collins it yet  (Read 76276 times)
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #275 on: February 07, 2020, 03:16:46 AM »

The ads are practically writing themselves.

https://youtu.be/ARP9m7-PzJU?t=440

Susan Collins Admits Trump May Not Have Learned His ‘Lesson’

One day after Sen. Susan Collins (R-ME) announced her decision to vote against removing President Trump from office by saying that she believes he has learned his “lesson” and will be “much more cautious in the future,” she admitted on Fox News that her assumption was based on nothing. Asked by Fox anchor Martha MacCallum if Trump gave her any “assurance” that he would not accept (or solicit) foreign help in his next election, Collins said she has not spoken to him once throughout the Senate trial, which ended in the president’s acquittal Wednesday afternoon.

“So why do you have that feeling that he has changed, that he learned a lesson?” MacCallum asked. Collins smiled broadly as she replied, “Well, I may not be correct on that. It’s more aspirational on my part, it’s more that I hope that he’s listened to the many voices in the Senate who have pointed out that the call was very problematic.” President Trump has never admitted that his phone call with Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky was anything less than “perfect.”

God awful Collins is. An annoying fake moderate. If she really had courage, she would have voted against Kavanaugh in the first place. Saying Mr. Trump has "learned his lesson" just to take it halfway back hours later is just beyond stupid. The dude literally committed an impeachable offense by bribing a foreign govt the DAY after Mueller report didn't produce a smoking gun (but neither cleared him). It doesn't take a masters degree to forsee GOP senators failure to hold him accountable will further embolden him to do "whatever he wants".

Collins' handling of this is some sort of "wanting it to have both ways" and what people hate about politicians. I hope ME voters are smart and give her a ticket to retirement on Nov 3.
QAnonKelly
dotard

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -5.50

« Reply #276 on: February 07, 2020, 07:32:45 AM »

Wut
pppolitics
Junior Chimp

« Reply #277 on: February 12, 2020, 02:17:59 PM »

Reporter presses Collins: Did Trump learn any lessons?

CNN's Manu Raju asked Sen. Susan Collins (R-ME) three times whether President Donald Trump learned any lessons following his impeachment trial.

https://www.cnn.com/videos/politics/2020/02/12/senator-susan-collins-trump-lesson-raju-nr-vpx.cnn

Susan Collins' defense of her Trump vote just keeps looking worse and worse

(CNN) -- Eight days removed from Donald Trump's acquittal on both articles of impeachment, the President is leaning heavily into a revenge tour against his political enemies -- an effort that makes Maine Sen. Susan Collins' claim that Trump had learned his lesson from the impeachment proceedings all the more outlandish.

Asked Wednesday morning by CNN's Manu Raju about those comments -- made to CBS' Norah O'Donnell following Collins' vote to acquit Trump -- the Maine senator said this:

"I don't know what actions you're referring to. I've made very clear that I don't think anyone should be retaliated against. That has nothing to do with the basis by which I voted to acquit the President. I voted to acquit the President, as I made very clear to you, Manu, on numerous occasions, because his conduct, while wrong, did not meet the high bar established in the Constitution for the immediate ouster of a duly elected president."

OK.

Well, the "actions" Manu is referring to are, among other things, these:

* Trump's targeting of senators -- including Utah Republican Sen. Mitt Romney -- who didn't vote with him on impeachment.

* His "celebration" ceremony at the White House last week in which he used his presidential platform to punish his enemies, praise his friends and generally declare victory.

* The Friday firing of Lt. Col. Alexander Vindman (and his twin brother) as well as Gordon Sondland, the former ambassador to the European Union, after Vindman and Sondland testified in the House impeachment investigation.

* The establishment of an official channel at the Department of Justice to deal with information about Ukraine, as well as Joe and Hunter Biden, being collected by Trump personal lawyer Rudy Giuliani.

* The announcement of congressional investigations into the Bidens.

* Trump's Monday night tweet protesting the allegedly harsh sentencing guidelines for convicted felon Roger Stone, followed by the Department of Justice's reconsideration of those guidelines and the resignation of the four federal prosecutors involved in the case.
So, yeah, that. And if you are asking, no, it is not possible that Collins, a United States senator, is somehow unaware of Trump's actions over the past eight days.

What Collins is trying to get out from under -- and not succeeding -- is the massive political mistake she made when she told O'Donnell that "I believe that the President has learned from this case" and that Trump "will be much more cautious in the future."

[...]

https://www.cnn.com/2020/02/12/politics/susan-collins-donald-trump-lesson/index.html
pppolitics
Junior Chimp

« Reply #278 on: February 12, 2020, 02:24:34 PM »

pppolitics
Junior Chimp

« Reply #279 on: February 12, 2020, 02:30:37 PM »

Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #280 on: February 12, 2020, 02:31:10 PM »

If we apply that rationale then all criminals would be free
pppolitics
Junior Chimp

« Reply #281 on: February 12, 2020, 02:32:20 PM »

pppolitics
Junior Chimp

« Reply #282 on: February 12, 2020, 02:38:44 PM »

If we apply that rationale then all criminals would be free

If Gideon is smart, she should pound Collins for the ("I believe that the president has learned from this case") comment every chance she gets.

Every Maine voter should have those words stuck in his/her head by election day.
pppolitics
Junior Chimp

« Reply #283 on: February 12, 2020, 03:10:08 PM »

Gideon's favorite line should be, "Hi, I am Sara Gideon, and I will vote to hold the president accountable no matter which party he or she is from".
Frenchrepublican
Junior Chimp

P P P
« Reply #284 on: February 12, 2020, 03:19:20 PM »

Raja is a dem troll, he is the reason why so many conservatives don’t believe mainstream medias anymore
pppolitics
Junior Chimp

« Reply #285 on: February 12, 2020, 03:22:44 PM »
« Edited: February 12, 2020, 03:28:14 PM by pppolitics »

Raja is a dem troll, he is the reason why so many conservatives don’t believe mainstream medias anymore

Collins said that she hopes that Trump learned his lesson.

He's just asking a simple question, "Has Trump learned his lesson? yes or no?".
Frenchrepublican
Junior Chimp

P P P
« Reply #286 on: February 12, 2020, 03:35:43 PM »

That’s a stupid question, she already responded to it last week

Raja wants just to embarrass Collins in order to give democrats some material for their future ads
pppolitics
Junior Chimp

« Reply #287 on: February 12, 2020, 03:37:20 PM »

Raja wants just to embarrass Collins in order to give democrats some material for their future ads

Really? What did she said?

Or, you know, he just wants to hold her accountable.
Frenchrepublican
Junior Chimp

P P P
« Reply #288 on: February 12, 2020, 04:01:52 PM »

Well it’s a sad thing that journalists never try to hold accountable democratic politicians.
Anyway don’t really see how asking every week the same question to Collins is ’’holding her accountable’’ , by the the way Collins should be only accountable to Maine voters, not liberal far left partisan journalists
pppolitics
Junior Chimp

« Reply #289 on: February 12, 2020, 04:03:02 PM »

Well it’s a sad thing that journalists never try to hold accountable democratic politicians.
Anyway don’t really see how asking every week the same question to Collins is ’’holding her accountable’’ , by the the way Collins should be only accountable to Maine voters, not liberal far left partisan journalists

You just said that Collins "responded to" the question last week.

What did she said?
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #290 on: February 12, 2020, 06:51:52 PM »

I don't think Collins can be excused for this. She had said that the President learned his lesson from the impeachment, and subsequently said that she hoped he had learned his lesson, and that he would be more cautious in the future. Now, she is saying that she wasn't "trying to predict his future behavior." Collins, in other words, has flip-flopped, and is now blatantly lying. This will be used against her by Gideon or whoever the Democratic nominee is.
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.48, S: -1.83

« Reply #291 on: February 13, 2020, 03:16:24 AM »

My dad upped his donation amount when he found out she was half Indian. Desi Krew be taking care Smiley
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #292 on: February 13, 2020, 03:29:14 AM »

My dad upped his donation amount when he found out she was half Indian. Desi Krew be taking care Smiley

Lol my dad is the opposite as  he despises most of the Indian-Americans in politics today(Especially Bobby Jindal,  Pramilla Jayapal and Ro Khanna) and even the one he doesn't really despise he doesnt really like that much either: Nikki Haley.
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #293 on: February 13, 2020, 04:25:18 AM »

Lol my dad is the opposite as  he despises most of the Indian-Americans in politics today(Especially Bobby Jindal,  Pramilla Jayapal and Ro Khanna) and even the one he doesn't really despise he doesnt really like that much either: Nikki Haley.

Oh he despises Bobby Jindal and Nikki (she really should just stick to the Punjabi nickname of little) Haley, embarrassed that they are Punjabi, and Nikki is from literally the next town over and probably an unwanted distant cousin xD. He likes the entire democratic desi krew though. I am on the same page too. Especially fellow Punjabi bro Ro Khanna.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #294 on: February 13, 2020, 04:47:00 AM »

Lol my dad is the opposite as  he despises most of the Indian-Americans in politics today(Especially Bobby Jindal,  Pramilla Jayapal and Ro Khanna) and even the one he doesn't really despise he doesnt really like that much either: Nikki Haley.

Oh he despises Bobby Jindal and Nikki (she really should just stick to the Punjabi nickname of little) Haley, embarrassed that they are Punjabi, and Nikki is from literally the next town over and probably an unwanted distant cousin xD. He likes the entire democratic desi krew though. I am on the same page too. Especially fellow Punjabi bro Ro Khanna.

With the exception of Jindal my dad is the opposite lol, he despises the entire Dem Crew (Especially Jayapal and Khanna) .  With Haley,  he basically has the position of meh, he said if she was the nominee he probably would support her but not with much enthusiasm.

I think its really unfair to compare Jindal and Haley though as Haley was a far better governor, and says she never would forget her roots while Jindal pretty much did.

Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #295 on: February 13, 2020, 04:57:31 AM »
« Edited: February 13, 2020, 05:02:00 AM by Co-Chair Bagel23 »

With the exception of Jindal my dad is the opposite lol, he despises the entire Dem Crew (Especially Jayapal and Khanna) .  With Haley,  he basically has the position of meh, he said if she was the nominee he probably would support her but not with much enthusiasm.

I think its really unfair to compare Jindal and Haley though as Haley was a far better governor, and says she never would forget her roots while Jindal pretty much did.

Well ideological different obviously. Oh God Haley no blehhhhhhhh, hate her. No we make deportation jokes about her all the time lol. Would like never support her for any office ever. Again, ideologically different. She was a crap governor, but yeah compared to Jindal she is obviously better. Jindal did not just "forget" his routes, he literally tried to whiten his portraits, that's intentional. They both converted to Christianity too, but I can't really blame them for that, that's just evolving like the story of all of us who are like that now, if not done ourselves like them, happened somewhere back for our ancestors.  
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #296 on: February 13, 2020, 05:17:21 AM »

With the exception of Jindal my dad is the opposite lol, he despises the entire Dem Crew (Especially Jayapal and Khanna) .  With Haley,  he basically has the position of meh, he said if she was the nominee he probably would support her but not with much enthusiasm.

Well ideological different obviously. Oh God Haley no blehhhhhhhh, hate her. No we make deportation jokes about her all the time lol. Would like never support her for any office ever. Again, ideologically different. She was a crap governor, but yeah compared to Jindal she is obviously better. Jindal did not just "forget" his routes, he literally tried to whiten his portraits, that's intentional. They both converted to Christianity too, but I can't really blame them for that, that's just evolving like the story of all of us who are like that now, if not done ourselves like them, happened somewhere back for our ancestors.  

Yah Jindal we hate cause of how he became as a person while we have a lot of respect for Haley personally. On the other hand my dad is far more of a noninterventionist compared to me which is why his position on her is more mixed while she would be in my top 3 for candidates for President in 2024
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #297 on: February 13, 2020, 01:12:44 PM »

Yah Jindal we hate cause of how he became as a person while we have a lot of respect for Haley personally. On the other hand my dad is far more of a noninterventionist compared to me which is why his position on her is more mixed while she would be in my top 3 for candidates for President in 2024

Completely with your dad there, it’s time to stop going abroad and scale back a lot of what we have left.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #298 on: February 13, 2020, 02:41:17 PM »

If AZ is turning blue, the red wall of 259 is cracked due to Kelly winning a red state in AZ. SUSAN Collins is part of the 279 blue wall in Maine is gonna lose; consequently,  SMC is the only female R that's in a safe state. Ernst can lose due to Dems having Congressional Districts to defend in IA
One Term Floridian
swamiG

Political Matrix
E: -2.06, S: 3.13

« Reply #299 on: February 13, 2020, 03:21:08 PM »

Hope this isn’t too #bold of me to say, but Susan Collins could very well be the Barbara Comstock of this cycle.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 ... 41  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies