The Fritz Building for Forum Affairs (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 20, 2024, 02:04:47 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The Fritz Building for Forum Affairs (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Fritz Building for Forum Affairs  (Read 71627 times)
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« on: March 11, 2006, 11:20:51 AM »

May I just say OpenOffice is a great tool Smiley I'm glad the files were made avaliable in that format.
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2006, 07:56:53 AM »

I'm starting to think that Hugh may be right, and that the regions will simply have to go out the window.

In the short term, sadly, they may have to Sad The Mideast has been paralysed for the past few months. It is worth considering, as long as the Senate is expanded to 12 members at least, or something like a House composed of 8 members and a Senate of 4. That would keep levels of representation at an appropriate level.
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2006, 08:10:48 AM »

If people try and force the regions out at least leave the region boundaries the same for election purposes, that keeps it kinda the same.

I would agree. If the regions were abolished, along with governors etc, then it would be fair to create at least 2-4 new seats on the national legislature to compensate, perhaps allowing existing governors to serve out their term, but as members of the Senate.

As for a two house system, it could work, but it could also overcomplicate the legislative process. The regions have alot of life in them yet, and I thoroughly enjoyed serving mine, but if things don't pick up them may have to be sacrificed. Another option could see the regions reduced, to perhaps 3 but all of these are radical possibilities.

I think those of us, myself included, who pushed for and participated in the Constitutional Convention were perhaps too focused on the wrong issues and were ignorning the 'elephant in the room' Sad
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies