The Fritz Building for Forum Affairs (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 07:28:01 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The Fritz Building for Forum Affairs (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Fritz Building for Forum Affairs  (Read 71696 times)
Peter
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -7.48

« on: December 21, 2005, 07:59:04 AM »

I would like to announce that the winner of the Atlasian Mammal vote is the American Black Bear.  I am going to be posting the round-by-round results online, and will provide the link.

bump. Wouldn't mind a national motto either.
Peter
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2006, 12:41:08 PM »

The status of deregistrations is and remains a legal mess, and it was certainly not helped by the creation of this new "dormancy" provision.

I once again (this has to be about the fifth time I've done this) express my view to the Senate that it should take URGENT AND IMMEDIATE action upon this matter.
Peter
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2006, 09:27:04 AM »

Mr Secretary,

I am asking this question simply to allow everybody to be crystal clear about the effect of the Deregistration Act, and I am also doing it to establish some idea of the sort of precedents you are creating for its implementation. I am not actually questioning the decision you have taken.

Have you counted Clay's previous request for deregistration as having been honoured as stipulated by Clause 5 of the Act? This seems to the most reasonable interpretation that I can see on your removing him in the latest update.
Peter
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2006, 10:10:07 AM »

I seem to recall that, when the rule was introduced, it was meant to apply only to the genuinely new. I may be mistaken though; might make sense to look at the constitutional convention proceedings if they still exist.

They don't exist because that forum software crashed and I don't think King bothered to retrieve the data. Nonetheless, that was originally intended.

You can however read some of my recent ranting on the subject here

There is actually a complete registration history on the wiki if Q wants to know whether people have been previously registered.

Link
Peter
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2006, 04:13:16 PM »

Article V, Section 2, Clause 6
Any registered voter who fails to vote in elections for four months, and any first-time registrant who fails to vote in the first scheduled Senate elections for which he is qualified to vote shall have his registration no longer considered valid. This clause shall not be construed to deny a forum user the right to register anew.

I suppose you might be able to twist the meaning of "first-time registrant" to your present policy, though I wouldn't recommend it.
Peter
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2006, 04:17:39 PM »
« Edited: February 07, 2006, 06:15:06 PM by Peter Bell »

I took Supersoulty's concession as having legal effect as since one is able to concede one's victory over another, it stands to reason that one should be able to concede one's tie with another.

I hardly see my action as presumptive - it is quite clear what Supersoulty intended. Regardless, it is ultimately your decision to hold the runoff or not, and I will have no option to accept your decision and then take appropriate action.
Peter
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2006, 10:47:00 AM »

Section 2. Declaration Thread.
   (a) The Department of Forum Affairs shall open a thread in the Atlas Fantasy Government board for handling all declarations by candidates and parties concerning the election. The thread shall remain open until the end of the election including any runoff election resulting from the election.

Correct me if I am wrong, but this would require that all candidacy declarations must be made in the candidacy declaration thread would it not?
Peter
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2006, 08:43:46 AM »

Since my move to Maine hasn't taken effect, can't you make that July 28th move to New Hampshire instead?

Once I get more settled in, I'll look into this for you. I will have an answer for you by the end of the weekend hopefully.
Peter
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2006, 07:02:37 AM »

Lets be clear - any and all deregistration requests must be posted in the Registration Thread by the person wishing to be deregistered. If one does not do so, they will be ignored.

The occurences in the AWN thread or in a certain duel will not be considered official for the purposes of deregistering persons.
Peter
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2006, 08:10:39 AM »

Since my move to Maine hasn't taken effect, can't you make that July 28th move to New Hampshire instead?

Having reviewed the situation, it is the conclusion of the department that since the above move is yet to take effect, you may void it and provide new registration details to take effect on 28 July. You should fully expound on this in the Registration thread.
Peter
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: July 20, 2006, 12:58:14 PM »

Per the Candidate Regulations (4)(b), Lewis Trondheim has signalled acceptance of write-in votes cast for him in the D5 Special Election unless he declares otherwise.
Peter
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: December 04, 2007, 04:31:47 PM »

I agree with your interpretation of the 11th Amendment. Why wasn't it done this way last year? Probably the fact that nobody realised that the Law had been accidentally changed. (which, btw, you can all blame me for)
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies