The Fritz Building for Forum Affairs (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 09:30:41 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The Fritz Building for Forum Affairs (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Fritz Building for Forum Affairs  (Read 71452 times)
Brandon H
brandonh
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 3.48, S: 1.74

« on: November 16, 2005, 10:39:27 PM »

• 11/16 - Everett's move to Montana declared invalid; registration returned to Wyoming.  Restriction expiration 12/24.
Could this affect redistricting and therefore make the current process invalid?
Brandon H
brandonh
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2005, 11:06:10 PM »

Wiki is loading fine for me. I doubt it was ever specified. It might be best just to leave it as is since a few people have already registered since then anyway.
Brandon H
brandonh
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2006, 09:26:52 PM »

I just did the voter rolls by name on the Wiki, but have not done region or party or anything else.
Brandon H
brandonh
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2006, 05:01:19 PM »

Q,
I have noticed some of the notes in the Wiki and there is some confusion. If a voter misses two consecutive elections, the voter is removed from the rolls. If the reregister, are they New, or is New only used to refer to a brand new voter who has never registered before?
Thanks.
Brandon H
brandonh
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2006, 12:19:08 AM »

Which notes on the Wiki are confusing?  I don't update that site; I just use the Excel voter roll files.

When editting a Wiki page you can put on note on what was editted. View Josh22 for example who missed two consecutive elections and then returned. https://uselectionatlas.org/AFEWIKI/index.php?title=Template:Voter_Josh22&action=history Notice the comments by Peter and Ebowed.

And yes, the Excel files are the official records. Several of us try to keep the Wiki up to date. But it is usually behind. Would you mind if I add a link to your files from the Wiki page noting the that the Wiki is unofficial and only your records are official (and change it whenever a new SoFA takes over)?
Brandon H
brandonh
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2006, 10:55:30 AM »

I thought Jake was a candidate for the Southeast senate seat.

Jake is the incumbent, but he has not yet officially declared his intentions to seek re-election.
Brandon H
brandonh
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2006, 12:51:34 AM »

The voter rolls in the wiki have been updated up to the point of the spreadsheet provided by the SoFA (May 1). Main, State, and Party listings are up to date. I have editted states and parties as listed on the updated page of the spreadsheet. Various changes have been made to the wiki by others before they have made it to the spreadsheet. There have also been several new registrations since the spreadsheet was updated and unless it was done by someone else, these are not included on the wiki.

https://uselectionatlas.org/AFEWIKI/index.php/Registered_Voter_Roll
Brandon H
brandonh
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2006, 09:30:14 PM »

I hope it didn't sound like I was rushing you. Sorry if it was. I know SoFA is one of the hardest jobs here.
Brandon H
brandonh
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2006, 02:20:17 PM »

The ability to easily sort and update causes me to want to keep the information in a spreadsheet format, not Wiki format.

Exactly. Maybe future version of the wiki software will allow table sorting or something.

I was working on a web-based database, but never got a front end working. (That's when Joe was still President.)
Brandon H
brandonh
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2006, 07:37:15 PM »

(Tho it could if the Senate ever gave the major parties some advantage under the law, as is within their power.)

I was thinking about that as well, and the only real thing I could think of would be something along the lines of to be on the ballot one must either win the nomination of a major party (through a primary if necessary) or have the signature of something like 10 Atlasians. However, I am not sure if making ballot access a little tougher would be a good thing, and people could always write in a candidate anyway.

Also, am I currect in saying that for the next census, there will be 78 citizens total?
Brandon H
brandonh
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2006, 07:22:57 PM »

If we do start cutting the size of the government, I think we should have cut the districts to 4 this past election. If we are down to 60 after the next election, then we should go down to three. We should also look at cutting the number of cabinet members.
Brandon H
brandonh
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: August 28, 2006, 11:00:32 PM »

If someone does not vote or post they should be removed. However, I would suggest the following:

A voter who has been starred (*) for failing to vote in a federal election shall have his/her star removed by renewing his/her registration.

So we don't keep people who don't participate on the roles, but if someone happens to miss an election, but still wants to remain active, then they can.
Brandon H
brandonh
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: October 23, 2006, 07:21:11 PM »

No doubt we can all look forward to more voters being purged from the rolls Sad

I counted 27 removals and 10 *'d voters.
Brandon H
brandonh
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: October 23, 2006, 07:57:26 PM »

No doubt we can all look forward to more voters being purged from the rolls Sad

I counted 27 removals and 10 *'d voters.

Wow, what's the total now?

By my count, 55, plus one person who reg'd after the dead line for this election.
Brandon H
brandonh
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: July 14, 2007, 03:54:00 PM »

When is the election for the vacant District 1 Seat suppose to take place?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies