The Fritz Building for Forum Affairs (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 06:30:58 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The Fritz Building for Forum Affairs (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Fritz Building for Forum Affairs  (Read 71719 times)
Јas
Jas
Junior Chimp
« on: March 11, 2006, 07:14:19 AM »

A bit early perhaps, but since I have an updated voter roll to test out, I'm jumping things a bit before Q gavels the nomination vote to a close.  The new voter roll has a few differences besides simple updates from the last.  The biggest one is that rather than the Microsoft *.xls format, It's in the Open Document *.ods format.  Let me know if that causes accessibility problems with antiquated closed source software.  I can save in other formats, but the file won't be anywhere near as small.  Also let me know if you'd rather if I deleted the macro before upoading it next.  All it does is sort the data in the "By *" sheets.  To the existing By District, By Region, and By Party sheets, I added a By State sheet.

Can someone tell me what program(s) can be used to open the rolls?
Јas
Jas
Junior Chimp
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2006, 07:26:58 AM »
« Edited: March 11, 2006, 07:33:17 AM by Governor Jas »

The file extension ".ods" appears to be linked to OpenOffice, a free open-source version of Microsoft Office.  Given that not that many people have OpenOffice, and given that it wouldn't exactly be a good idea to force everyone to download it just to look at the file, it might be a good idea to save it in a more accessable format.  Personally, if it was me and I had my own web server, I would go with simply HTML, as that both is just a text file and requires absolutely no external software that people might not have.

Thanks Gabu. Smiley
FTR, I won't be able to access the voter rolls this way.
Јas
Jas
Junior Chimp
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2006, 06:19:52 AM »

The vote of OWL in the Senate Election

District 3
For the record:
1. PBrunsel
2. ILV

has been invalidated for failure to meet the activity requirements.

Given that this will have a knock-on effect as to the eligibility of OWL's Midwest vote, may I ask the SoFA for more detail on the reason for this invalidation please?
Јas
Jas
Junior Chimp
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2006, 06:44:53 AM »

Given that this will have a knock-on effect as to the eligibility of OWL's Midwest vote, may I ask the SoFA for more detail on the reason for this invalidation please?

Current regulations require all voters to have made at least 25 posts in the 56 days before the election weekend.  OWL made a total of 7 during this time period.

Thanks.
Јas
Jas
Junior Chimp
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2006, 10:35:05 AM »

Does KEmperor's vote count? I ask this because I thought he left fantasy politics and can't vote anymore. Tongue

He's got enough posts.

Oh I know that, I just thought I remembered him de-registering. I could be wrong though.

He's still listed on the voter roll.
Јas
Jas
Junior Chimp
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2006, 11:13:00 AM »

May I express my sincere thanks to Ernest for his professional handing of this department over the past few months. Well done! Smiley
Јas
Jas
Junior Chimp
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2007, 06:56:36 AM »
« Edited: November 26, 2007, 07:31:53 AM by Jas »

...except that Jas missed Jake's nay vote.

Argh!

The Tracker's counting procedures are under review.
Persons found responsible shall be defenestrated.
Јas
Jas
Junior Chimp
« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2007, 10:44:45 AM »

...except that Jas missed Jake's nay vote.

Argh!

The Tracker's counting procedures are under review.
Persons found responsible shall be defenestrated.
Make sure that it's a ground floor window, and that it's open, before you hurl yourself through it.

I've have complete confidence that the investigation I'm conducting will find that I'm completely in the clear. Smiley
Јas
Jas
Junior Chimp
« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2007, 12:51:40 PM »

I would also suggest that nobody clutter up the DoFA's building.

It's okay - we like having some squatters around. Makes the place feel more like home.

Well maybe you should get some sofas or recliners, maybe a big screen TV, make it a little more cozy. Wink

Well if he get's all that then I'll be seeking refuge at the DoFA.
The Vice President's office has suffered badly in recent budget rounds...
Јas
Jas
Junior Chimp
« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2007, 12:58:42 PM »

I would also suggest that nobody clutter up the DoFA's building.

It's okay - we like having some squatters around. Makes the place feel more like home.

Well maybe you should get some sofas or recliners, maybe a big screen TV, make it a little more cozy. Wink

Well if he get's all that then I'll be seeking refuge at the DoFA.
The Vice President's office has suffered badly in recent budget rounds...

I see that plan to move you to West Virginia worked well. How long until you get indoor plumbing?

Unfortunately our funds will only stretch so far. We're having a meeting tomorrow on budgetary priorities: indoor plumbing v. replacing the carrier pigeon.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies