The Fritz Building for Forum Affairs
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 05:12:22 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The Fritz Building for Forum Affairs
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15
Author Topic: The Fritz Building for Forum Affairs  (Read 71232 times)
Jake
dubya2004
Atlas Icon
Cuba

Political Matrix
E: -0.90, S: -0.35

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #225 on: June 25, 2006, 07:06:47 PM »

Again, I wish to be deregistered from Atlasia.
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #226 on: June 25, 2006, 10:50:26 PM »

The following voters with new registrations were not eligible to vote in the just concluded Federal regular election and are continued on the roles as having new registrations.

• gumbiegirl007
  • Inks.LWC

he following voters with new registrations failed to vote in the just concluded Federal regular election and are deregistered.
  • Comrade Imes
  • Jacob
  • Max Power
  • Milk and Cereal

All other new registrants voted in the just concluded Federal regular election and now have activated registrations.

The following voters with activated registrations have failed to vote in a Federal election in the past four months and are deregistered.
  • Buckwheat
  • Erc
  • GM3PRP
  • J-Mann
  • John F. Kennedy
  • Nation
  • nini2287
  • Preorder Sheep Plushie
  • Progress
  • Siege40

The following voters have deregistered under The Deregistration Act
  • Jake
  • True Democrat

Voters that have been deregistered are free to reregister as a new voter at any time.  Such reregistrations are subject to the 60 day limit on changes in state of residence, as if they had never been deregistered.
TomC
TCash101
Junior Chimp

« Reply #227 on: June 25, 2006, 11:24:57 PM »

Best certification ever, Ernest. I have a question and by asking I don't mean to imply there's any issue; I just want to know.

When determinng a majority of preferences, in later rounds, are ballots where preferences have been exhausted included in the total number of ballots or are they removed? And, over time, have SoFAs been consistent on how to count exhausted ballots in determining majority?
they don't love you like i love you
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #228 on: June 26, 2006, 12:06:00 AM »

Good job Ernest. Kind of a nitpicky question: Is Al's re-registration valid as he did not list a state? Even though it's assumed he's just staying in West Virginia I always believed you need to list all three fields while registering.
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #229 on: June 26, 2006, 12:06:36 AM »

I have been consistent and removed exhausted ballots and I believe other SoFAs have as well.  The requirement in the law is for "a majority of the highest preference votes" which implies that a ballot which has exhausted its preferenes is no longer counted.  Furthermore, the election law has no provision for what should happen if no candidate receives preferences on a majority of ballots. By the way, the issue is moot for this election since even if one were to take the opposite interpretation, jeruslaemcar5 still would have won the Northeast Senate seat with 11 preferences on 21 ballots in the 4th round of counting.
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #230 on: June 26, 2006, 12:19:48 AM »

Good job Ernest. Kind of a nitpicky question: Is Al's re-registration valid as he did not list a state? Even though it's assumed he's just staying in West Virginia I always believed you need to list all three fields while registering.

Article V Section 2 Clause 1 states: "A person may become a registered voter if he has attained twenty-five posts at the forum. In registration, the person must state his name and State of fantasy residence; in addition, he may optionally state a political affiliation."

Thus when registering for the first time you must provide one's name and State.  The Constitution is silent on the question of what is required when changing one's registration and since the reason for requiring a State is so that voters can vote for the Senate, I see no reason to be picky about it.  Besides, even if I were picky about it, it would have no practical effect.  (Tho it could if the Senate ever gave the major parties some advantage under the law, as is within their power.)

Brandon H
brandonh
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 3.48, S: 1.74

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #231 on: June 26, 2006, 07:37:15 PM »

(Tho it could if the Senate ever gave the major parties some advantage under the law, as is within their power.)

I was thinking about that as well, and the only real thing I could think of would be something along the lines of to be on the ballot one must either win the nomination of a major party (through a primary if necessary) or have the signature of something like 10 Atlasians. However, I am not sure if making ballot access a little tougher would be a good thing, and people could always write in a candidate anyway.

Also, am I currect in saying that for the next census, there will be 78 citizens total?
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #232 on: June 26, 2006, 09:59:20 PM »

Also, am I currect in saying that for the next census, there will be 78 citizens total?
76 unless either Kake or True democrat reregister or some other voter deregisters.  Between that and the fact that the people could move, I'm not releasing census figures or a map until the 1st.
Jake
dubya2004
Atlas Icon
Cuba

Political Matrix
E: -0.90, S: -0.35

« Reply #233 on: June 26, 2006, 10:03:19 PM »

Sweet Frnest.
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #234 on: June 26, 2006, 10:09:23 PM »

I never said I was a good typisy, Jake.
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #235 on: July 01, 2006, 06:17:06 PM »
« Edited: July 02, 2006, 12:20:56 AM by SoFA Ernest »

This is a heads up on the Census results.  The Census won't be until Friday, but here is what we have right now.

EDIT: Sam Spade moved from Puerto Rico to Texas on July 1.  Map updated to reflect that.

Census population: 74  (14.8 per District)

Total population: 93 (18.6 per District)
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix
E: 7.61, S: 0.00

« Reply #236 on: July 01, 2006, 06:48:02 PM »

Whats the difference between the blue and the red Ernest?
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #237 on: July 02, 2006, 12:02:57 AM »

Red are all registered voters; blue is just those who voted in the last Federal election.  Redistricting has to be balanced according to the blue.  The red is provided merely as information that the governors may wish to consider as they decide how to redistrict; but they can totally ignore it if they wish
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #238 on: July 06, 2006, 10:29:25 PM »

I am resigning my position as Lt. Governor and wish to be deregistered from Atlasia.  Thank you.
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #239 on: July 07, 2006, 06:32:34 PM »

These are the official Census results as of noon today.

Census population: 73 (14.6 per District)

Total population: 92 (18.4 per District)

It has been interesting to have been your Secretary of Forum Affairs, and until Peter Bell is sworn in, I shall continue to serve in a caretaker function, but I'll let him decide what to do with the draft regulations that hadn't yet been finalized.  At a minimum they need some rewriting so that they reference the newly passed electoral law instead of the former.
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #240 on: July 07, 2006, 09:29:49 PM »

To help redistricters who wish to balance both Census and Total Population, here's a map showing the difference between the two values.

19 registered voters who did not vote in the last election.
True Democrat
true democrat
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.10, S: -2.87

« Reply #241 on: July 09, 2006, 06:33:14 PM »

Is there a requirement on how long a platform of a party must be for it to be considered a recognized party?
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #242 on: July 09, 2006, 09:46:20 PM »

The only requirement under current law for a party is that in order for it to be considered a "major party", it must have 5 or members.  In practice, I recognize almost any party name, except in the case of King -- I ignore his parties' names, and keep him listed under King's Joke Party, purely to keep the amount of record keeping to a minimum for his one man parties.
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #243 on: July 13, 2006, 05:05:39 PM »

Voter rolls have been updated and uploaded!
This list is current as of 6pm EDT today.

Any further updates will be the responsibility of the new SoFA and almost certainly in a different location.
jerusalemcar5
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -4.26, S: -8.35

« Reply #244 on: July 13, 2006, 05:36:39 PM »

Since my move to Maine hasn't taken effect, can't you make that July 28th move to New Hampshire instead?
Peter
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -7.48

« Reply #245 on: July 14, 2006, 08:43:46 AM »

Since my move to Maine hasn't taken effect, can't you make that July 28th move to New Hampshire instead?

Once I get more settled in, I'll look into this for you. I will have an answer for you by the end of the weekend hopefully.
Јas
Jas
Junior Chimp
« Reply #246 on: July 14, 2006, 11:13:00 AM »

May I express my sincere thanks to Ernest for his professional handing of this department over the past few months. Well done! Smiley
True Democrat
true democrat
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.10, S: -2.87

« Reply #247 on: July 14, 2006, 06:55:30 PM »

Please deregister Harry.
Peter
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -7.48

« Reply #248 on: July 15, 2006, 07:02:37 AM »

Lets be clear - any and all deregistration requests must be posted in the Registration Thread by the person wishing to be deregistered. If one does not do so, they will be ignored.

The occurences in the AWN thread or in a certain duel will not be considered official for the purposes of deregistering persons.
TomC
TCash101
Junior Chimp

« Reply #249 on: July 15, 2006, 06:12:08 PM »

May I express my sincere thanks to Ernest for his professional handing of this department over the past few months. Well done! Smiley
^^^
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies