The Fritz Building for Forum Affairs
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 02:50:44 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The Fritz Building for Forum Affairs
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 ... 15
Author Topic: The Fritz Building for Forum Affairs  (Read 71263 times)
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #125 on: February 19, 2006, 11:23:13 PM »

Jfern, I'm not going to do something illegal just because other people did illegal things in the past.

You were disenfranchised illegally last time; I really don't want to do that to Everett now.
You can't just selectively ignore precedent.

I absolutely can.  Illegal precedent will be ignored.  Legal precedent will in most instances be upheld.

You may bring a lawsuit in the "Government" board if you wish; please continue any discussion of this matter in a new thread on that board.  Thank you.

Funny, no one seemed to thing that it was illegal when used against me. Everyone seemed to agree that it was the reasonable course of action.  You   are legislating from the secretaryship with your ruling on Everett.
WMS
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -1.22

« Reply #126 on: February 20, 2006, 06:45:50 PM »

Jfern, I'm not going to do something illegal just because other people did illegal things in the past.

You were disenfranchised illegally last time; I really don't want to do that to Everett now.
You can't just selectively ignore precedent.

I absolutely can.  Illegal precedent will be ignored.  Legal precedent will in most instances be upheld.

You may bring a lawsuit in the "Government" board if you wish; please continue any discussion of this matter in a new thread on that board.  Thank you.

Funny, no one seemed to thing that it was illegal when used against me. Everyone seemed to agree that it was the reasonable course of action.  You   are legislating from the secretaryship with your ruling on Everett.

Give it a rest, Ferny. Q is absolutely correct - he and I worked hard at figuring out what the law said on this issue. You can take this to the ASC is you like, but you're going to lose - law trumps precedent, especially illegal precedent.

I'm sorry your vote was illegally thrown out in that previous election, but you are acting like a dick in insisting that Everett's vote also be illegally thrown out. THERE IS NO RULE SAYING YOU HAVE TO BE REGISTERED IN A PARTICULAR REGION TEN DAYS BEFORE THE ELECTION TO VOTE IN IT! They were wrong when they used it against your vote, and you're wrong now in trying to use it against Everett's vote. Show some goddamn maturity. Angry
Q
QQQQQQ

Political Matrix
E: 2.26, S: -4.88

« Reply #127 on: February 21, 2006, 09:02:16 PM »

Per
Quote from: Restricted
You must be logged in to read this quote.

The March 2006 Federal Census shall be taken on Friday, March 3, at noon EST and released soon thereafter.
jokerman
Cosmo Kramer
Junior Chimp
« Reply #128 on: February 22, 2006, 02:15:31 PM »
« Edited: February 22, 2006, 02:17:09 PM by Governor Preston Caldwell »

Only voters that voted in the last federal election count in the census, or at least the one used to determine senate districts.

The phrase is, in the constitution "Voters who voted in the last federal election."
Q
QQQQQQ

Political Matrix

« Reply #129 on: March 03, 2006, 12:24:31 PM »

The results of the March 2006 Atlasian Census stand as follows:

WMS
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -1.22

« Reply #130 on: March 03, 2006, 02:29:55 PM »

The results of the March 2006 Atlasian Census stand as follows:

Wow, the West Coast is completely cut off from the rest of Atlasia. Shocked
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #131 on: March 09, 2006, 07:55:38 PM »

A bit early perhaps, but since I have an updated voter roll to test out, I'm jumping things a bit before Q gavels the nomination vote to a close.  The new voter roll has a few differences besides simple updates from the last.  The biggest one is that rather than the Microsoft *.xls format, It's in the Open Document *.ods format.  Let me know if that causes accessibility problems with antiquated closed source software.  I can save in other formats, but the file won't be anywhere near as small.  Also let me know if you'd rather if I deleted the macro before upoading it next.  All it does is sort the data in the "By *" sheets.  To the existing By District, By Region, and By Party sheets, I added a By State sheet.
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #132 on: March 10, 2006, 09:26:43 AM »

Since I have been informed that in the opinion of the Presiding Officer of the Senate, no vacancy will be created in District 4 when Bono becomes Secretary of the Treasury, I have no plans to hold a special election.

I have chosen to abandon the star system for determining when registrations lapse and instead to institute a system that uses the actual date of the last election voted in, regardless of whether it be a regular or special election.

I also plan on asking the Attorney General whether or not Regional elections sould be counted.
Јas
Jas
Junior Chimp
« Reply #133 on: March 11, 2006, 07:14:19 AM »

A bit early perhaps, but since I have an updated voter roll to test out, I'm jumping things a bit before Q gavels the nomination vote to a close.  The new voter roll has a few differences besides simple updates from the last.  The biggest one is that rather than the Microsoft *.xls format, It's in the Open Document *.ods format.  Let me know if that causes accessibility problems with antiquated closed source software.  I can save in other formats, but the file won't be anywhere near as small.  Also let me know if you'd rather if I deleted the macro before upoading it next.  All it does is sort the data in the "By *" sheets.  To the existing By District, By Region, and By Party sheets, I added a By State sheet.

Can someone tell me what program(s) can be used to open the rolls?
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -4.32, S: -6.52

« Reply #134 on: March 11, 2006, 07:24:17 AM »

The file extension ".ods" appears to be linked to OpenOffice, a free open-source version of Microsoft Office.  Given that not that many people have OpenOffice, and given that it wouldn't exactly be a good idea to force everyone to download it just to look at the file, it might be a good idea to save it in a more accessable format.  Personally, if it was me and I had my own web server, I would go with simply HTML, as that both is just a text file and requires absolutely no external software that people might not have.
Јas
Jas
Junior Chimp
« Reply #135 on: March 11, 2006, 07:26:58 AM »
« Edited: March 11, 2006, 07:33:17 AM by Governor Jas »

The file extension ".ods" appears to be linked to OpenOffice, a free open-source version of Microsoft Office.  Given that not that many people have OpenOffice, and given that it wouldn't exactly be a good idea to force everyone to download it just to look at the file, it might be a good idea to save it in a more accessable format.  Personally, if it was me and I had my own web server, I would go with simply HTML, as that both is just a text file and requires absolutely no external software that people might not have.

Thanks Gabu. Smiley
FTR, I won't be able to access the voter rolls this way.
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #136 on: March 11, 2006, 09:45:33 AM »

Actually it's not an open source version of Micro$oft Office, tho it is an office suite.  I would be surprised if the next version of Microsoft Office does not support the format since several governments are mandating that any software they buy be able to support open standard document formats.  However that will be then and this is now.

<voterrolls> *.ods (59K)
<voterrolls> *.xls (204K)
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #137 on: March 11, 2006, 11:20:51 AM »

May I just say OpenOffice is a great tool Smiley I'm glad the files were made avaliable in that format.
Q
QQQQQQ

Political Matrix

« Reply #138 on: March 11, 2006, 01:18:35 PM »

Some brilliant changes, Mr. Secretary!  I love all the new features and data.  Very nice. Smiley
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -4.32, S: -6.52

« Reply #139 on: March 11, 2006, 07:53:15 PM »

Actually it's not an open source version of Micro$oft Office

Well, it does basically all the same things that you get in Microsoft Office, if I'm not mistaken.  That's what I meant, not that it's an exact duplicate.
Colin
ColinW
Atlas Icon
Papua New Guinea

Political Matrix
E: 3.87, S: -6.09

« Reply #140 on: March 11, 2006, 10:03:04 PM »

Wow, just excellent Ernest. Truely the best voter list I have yet seen come out of this office.
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #141 on: March 11, 2006, 10:56:35 PM »

Wow, just excellent Ernest. Truely the best voter list I have yet seen come out of this office.

I thank for your praise, but I think it needs improvement, and the improvement it needs most is to be longer. Wink
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #142 on: March 22, 2006, 01:28:06 PM »

Voter Rolls have been updated.
True Democrat
true democrat
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.10, S: -2.87

« Reply #143 on: March 22, 2006, 10:21:46 PM »

Quick question, since I can't vote for the next six months in federal elections, does that mean I will be kicked off the voter rolls?
jokerman
Cosmo Kramer
Junior Chimp
« Reply #144 on: March 22, 2006, 10:23:42 PM »

Quick question, since I can't vote for the next six months in federal elections, does that mean I will be kicked off the voter rolls?
60 Days=Apx. 2 Months.
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #145 on: March 22, 2006, 11:11:46 PM »

60 Days not 6 months.

Even if it were 6 months it would be debatable.  One could argue you won't have failed to vote in any elections, because you were not eligible to vote in any, hence you won't be triggering the Article V Section 2 Clause 6 deregistration obligation for failing to vote.  Depends on how that clause is interepreted.
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #146 on: March 24, 2006, 06:04:49 PM »

As per President Ebowed',s executive order, The registration of True Democrat in Puerto Rico is revoked and he is considered to be registered in Washington.  The Department of Forum Affairs will not be accepting any further attempts to register in Puerto Rico.

In a bit of unrelated news, just to clear up some confusuion on the matter, MHS2002 is still Deputy Secretary of Forum Affairs.  I never asked for his resignation when I took office as Secretary, and he has indicated that he is willing to continue serving in that post.
Q
QQQQQQ

Political Matrix

« Reply #147 on: March 25, 2006, 12:15:02 AM »

In a bit of unrelated news, just to clear up some confusuion on the matter, MHS2002 is still Deputy Secretary of Forum Affairs.  I never asked for his resignation when I took office as Secretary, and he has indicated that he is willing to continue serving in that post.

I'm glad to hear it. Grin
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #148 on: March 26, 2006, 08:24:47 PM »

As per my authority under Article VIII Section 2 Clause 2 of the Constitution, I am declaring the following:

1. Persons wishing to be on the ballot as candidates for the Senate Election scheduled to be held from April 20 18:00 EST to April 23 18:00 EST shall, in a candidacy thread on the Atlas Fantasy Government forum that will be created for that purpose, post their intent to be a candidate between March 30 18:00 EST and April 13 18:00 EST.

2. Major parties (as defined by Article V Section 1 Clause 8 of the Constitution) shall have until April 19 18:00 EST to identify which, if any, candidates they wish themselves associated with. Such endorsements must be posted in taht same thread to be noticed by the Department.  In the event that a race has only one candidate who is a member of that party, then in the absence of an indication that another candidate or no candidate is endorsed in that race, the candidate will be assumed to be endorsed by that party.

3. Candidates listed on the ballot shall be listed with their State of registration, and with any party endorsements they have received.

4. In the event that law affecting the time of elections should be changed, the times above may be changed to maintain the deadlines of 21 days, 7 days, and 1 day before the elcetion specified above.
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #149 on: March 27, 2006, 06:16:24 PM »

As per my authority under Article VIII Section 2 Clause 2 of the Constitution and other relevant electoral law, I am declaring the following:

1. Persons wishing to be on the ballot as candidates for the Special Senate Election scheduled to be held from March 30 18:00 EST to April 2 18:00 EST shall, in a candidacy thread on the Atlas Fantasy Government forum that will be created for that purpose, post their intent to be a candidate no later than March 28 18:00 EST.

2. Major parties (as defined by Article V Section 1 Clause 8 of the Constitution) shall have until March 29 18:00 EST to identify which, if any, candidates they wish themselves associated with. Such endorsements must be posted in the thread referred to in section 1 to be noticed by the Department.  In the event that a race has only one candidate who is a member of that party, then in the absence of an indication that another candidate or no candidate is endorsed in that race, the candidate will be assumed to be endorsed by that party.

3. Candidates listed on the ballot shall be listed with their State of registration, and with any party endorsements they have received.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 ... 15  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies