The Fritz Building for Forum Affairs
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 07:20:03 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The Fritz Building for Forum Affairs
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 ... 15
Author Topic: The Fritz Building for Forum Affairs  (Read 71241 times)
TomC
TCash101
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #100 on: February 15, 2006, 11:58:13 PM »

Article VIII, Section 2, clause 4, one of the "carry overs."

"The procedure for absentee voting will be to make such declaration publicly to the Department of Forum Affairs, and then for the absentee voter to email their vote to the Chief Justice, Secretary of Forum Affairs and Attorney General."

The constitution also gives the Senate the authority to designate a manner of absentee voting, but I'm not seeing anything specific besides this "carry over."
Q
QQQQQQ

Political Matrix
E: 2.26, S: -4.88

« Reply #101 on: February 16, 2006, 12:03:05 AM »

"The procedure for absentee voting will be to make such declaration publicly to the Department of Forum Affairs, and then for the absentee voter to email their vote to the Chief Justice, Secretary of Forum Affairs and Attorney General."

The constitution also gives the Senate the authority to designate a manner of absentee voting, but I'm not seeing anything specific besides this "carry over."

Thank you, Mr. Chief Justice.  I wasn't sure of the procedure, since ILV had made an absentee ballot voting booth for October's elections.

Anyone wishing to cast an absentee ballot should follow these steps, as outlined above.
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« Reply #102 on: February 16, 2006, 07:55:06 AM »

Thank you, Mr. Chief Justice.  I wasn't sure of the procedure, since ILV had made an absentee ballot voting booth for October's elections.

Bah, no one else had ever done it that way Wink

Heck, I remember people whining at me for not starting an absentee ballot voting booth in July.
Q
QQQQQQ

Political Matrix

« Reply #103 on: February 19, 2006, 02:52:11 AM »

Just to clear up any confusion, the voter Everett's ballot for Pacific Senator is valid as cast, as there is no law stating that a voter must be registered in the region 10 days before being able to vote in that region's elections; rather that that a voter must be registered (in general) 10 days before an election, a require that Everett did meet.  Therefore let there be no further issues surrounding that voter's ballot.

Furthermore, no employee of this Department ever suggested that this citizen's vote for President should not count; that is simply a lie, as are many of the other allegations made against the Secretary of Forum Affairs by one individual in particular.

Such insults could not be further from the truth.  Enforcing the law is my primary concern, obviously moreso than my election campaign.  I have taken my job as SoFA very seriously.  I have tried to do a good job and follow the law to the letter, no matter who it hurt or helped politically.

I hope the people of Atlasia will recognize this.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #104 on: February 19, 2006, 04:47:44 PM »
« Edited: February 19, 2006, 04:49:52 PM by jfern »

Just to clear up any confusion, the voter Everett's ballot for Pacific Senator is valid as cast, as there is no law stating that a voter must be registered in the region 10 days before being able to vote in that region's elections; rather that that a voter must be registered (in general) 10 days before an election, a require that Everett did meet.  Therefore let there be no further issues surrounding that voter's ballot.

Furthermore, no employee of this Department ever suggested that this citizen's vote for President should not count; that is simply a lie, as are many of the other allegations made against the Secretary of Forum Affairs by one individual in particular.

Such insults could not be further from the truth.  Enforcing the law is my primary concern, obviously moreso than my election campaign.  I have taken my job as SoFA very seriously.  I have tried to do a good job and follow the law to the letter, no matter who it hurt or helped politically.

I hope the people of Atlasia will recognize this.

Bullsh**t.

As I posted in the other thread, my vote for BRTD for Senate a few months ago wasn't counted for the same reason that Everett's vote shouldn't be counted.
Q
QQQQQQ

Political Matrix

« Reply #105 on: February 19, 2006, 05:02:09 PM »

I wasn't here then, jfern.  Could you please explain your position?
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #106 on: February 19, 2006, 05:02:41 PM »

I registed in MN less than 10 days before the election, voted for BRTD in the Senate race, and it wasn't counted.
Q
QQQQQQ

Political Matrix

« Reply #107 on: February 19, 2006, 05:04:00 PM »

I registed in MN less than 10 days before the election, voted for BRTD in the Senate race, and it wasn't counted.

Was that your first registration, or had you moved to MN from somewhere else?
Emsworth
Junior Chimp

« Reply #108 on: February 19, 2006, 05:04:21 PM »

The Republicans were in power then, and they wanted to disenfranchise you.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #109 on: February 19, 2006, 05:05:51 PM »

I had moved. 

Q
QQQQQQ

Political Matrix

« Reply #110 on: February 19, 2006, 05:12:07 PM »

I had moved.

Unless the laws have changed since them, then I would think that those who disenfranchised you did so illegally.

I don't want to break the law now as they may have back then.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #111 on: February 19, 2006, 05:30:34 PM »

Everett's vote had better not count.

Here's the law

You must be logged in to read this quote.
https://uselectionatlas.org/AFEWIKI/index.php/Article_V_of_the_Second_Constitution

that was cited to deny my registration

Here it is:

from taking effect in time to have my vote for BRTD

1. BRTD
2. Dean
3. Hobbes
4. MasterJedi

be counted.

The votes of Jfren, Mr. Hobbes and NixonNow should be rejected, and those who voted Mr. Hobbes first should have their votes bumped up.

That's what more than likely going to happen.
Q
QQQQQQ

Political Matrix

« Reply #112 on: February 19, 2006, 07:43:35 PM »

Here's the law

And Everett was a registered voter on the 10th day before the election.  The law doesn't say that a voter has to be registered in a particular region 10 days in advance.

Had I been SoFA last May, I would have counted your vote.  You were illegally disenfranchised, jfern, and so you should not want more people to be victimized as you were.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #113 on: February 19, 2006, 07:51:17 PM »

Here's the law

And Everett was a registered voter on the 10th day before the election.  The law doesn't say that a voter has to be registered in a particular region 10 days in advance.

Had I been SoFA last May, I would have counted your vote.  You were illegally disenfranchised, jfern, and so you should not want more people to be victimized as you were.

I see. So only Democrat's votes don't get counted.
Q
QQQQQQ

Political Matrix

« Reply #114 on: February 19, 2006, 09:26:49 PM »

I have asked Deputy Secretary MHS2002 to certify the presidential election results, as I must recuse myself as to avoid accusations of conflict of interest.  I feel that I have been nothing but neutral to date, but it seems that some people would disagree with me.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #115 on: February 19, 2006, 10:11:31 PM »
« Edited: February 19, 2006, 10:22:33 PM by jfern »

I take this to court. Otherwise my vote will get thrown out again, since it's one law for Democrats and one law for Republicans. 

Oh, so if I was a Democrat (as though you have any accurate method of knowing what my actual political affiliation is, seeing that anyone with a brain should realise that my R-UK avatar is blatantly fake), you wouldn't be complaining about Q's decision? Even Jesus has not made any statements (not that I have seen) demanding that I be stripped of my voting rights.

To whoever else will start complaining about my voting rights - if you have a problem with me voting, then go back to pre-1920 or something. At this point, STFU or take this to court. It's your choose.

If you weren't mentally impaired, you'd see that there's a double standard here. Did I go bitching and whining when my vote wasn't counted? No. But now that people ignore the precedent when its someone elses votes, I'm pissed.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #116 on: February 19, 2006, 10:31:04 PM »

Did the rule just change in the last 2 months?

Is it too late to change states and vote in that region for the December elections?

You have to have been registered in the electoral division for ten days prior to the election in order to vote in the election.

I can't remember what day was Election Day, but if it's the 14th or later, then you're in the clear.
Q
QQQQQQ

Political Matrix

« Reply #117 on: February 19, 2006, 10:55:25 PM »

I take this to court. Otherwise my vote will get thrown out again, since it's one law for Democrats and one law for Republicans.

Woah there, jfern.  Your vote does count this time.

And look at my avatar.  I'm not discriminating against anyone.

there's a double standard here. Did I go bitching and whining when my vote wasn't counted? No. But now that people ignore the precedent when its someone elses votes, I'm pissed.

You should be "pissed" at whoever was the SoFA back in May 2005 or whenever that was.  I won't follow precedent if that precedent was illegal!  The law trumps any precedent there may be.
Q
QQQQQQ

Political Matrix

« Reply #118 on: February 19, 2006, 10:57:52 PM »

Is it too late to change states and vote in that region for the December elections?

You have to have been registered in the electoral division for ten days prior to the election in order to vote in the election.

I can't remember what day was Election Day, but if it's the 14th or later, then you're in the clear.

No, the laws have not changed.  It's just that no one has actually bothered to read the law, it seems.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #119 on: February 19, 2006, 11:01:05 PM »

No, the laws have not changed.  It's just that no one has actually bothered to read the law, it seems.

They read the laws, and used them to not count my vote. I have the feeling if I screwed up again, my vote would not be counted. This is total bullsh**t. Obviously precedent doesn't matter, or you wouldn't be counting her vote, so what makes you so sure that this precedent will hold in the future?
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #120 on: February 19, 2006, 11:03:27 PM »

Go ahead and take this to court, but I feel no obligation whatsoever to appear, nor defend myself against this illegal 'precedent'. If this goes to court, I shall leave it for Q to settle on my behalf.

Oh, by the way, I'm a Democrat now; does this mean that you will shut up?

You just don't get it. Consistency. It's very lacking here. You're being bitchy when your vote is being counted, despite precedent otherwise. I didn't complain at all at the time when my vote was counted, thinking that it was some sort of consistant rule.

If you had been informed, you would have realized that your vote wasn't supposed to count.
Q
QQQQQQ

Political Matrix

« Reply #121 on: February 19, 2006, 11:05:47 PM »

Jfern, I'm not going to do something illegal just because other people did illegal things in the past.

You were disenfranchised illegally last time; I really don't want to do that to Everett now.
Emsworth
Junior Chimp

« Reply #122 on: February 19, 2006, 11:06:54 PM »

Perhaps we can stop arguing about the issue in this thread. If anyone has any complaints, the Supreme Court can hear them after the election.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #123 on: February 19, 2006, 11:08:36 PM »

Jfern, I'm not going to do something illegal just because other people did illegal things in the past.

You were disenfranchised illegally last time; I really don't want to do that to Everett now.

You can't just selectively ignore precedent.
Q
QQQQQQ

Political Matrix

« Reply #124 on: February 19, 2006, 11:13:40 PM »

You can't just selectively ignore precedent.

I absolutely can.  Illegal precedent will be ignored.  Legal precedent will in most instances be upheld.

You may bring a lawsuit in the "Government" board if you wish; please continue any discussion of this matter in a new thread on that board.  Thank you.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 ... 15  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies