The Fritz Building for Forum Affairs
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 06:10:16 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The Fritz Building for Forum Affairs
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15
Author Topic: The Fritz Building for Forum Affairs  (Read 71273 times)
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.03, S: -6.96

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #325 on: November 26, 2007, 04:46:56 PM »

Hi,
I made the "voters by name" table on the Registered Voter Roll page sortable. Lewis made it sound like it was too much work updating each individual party table and what not, so now all he has to do is update that one table, and you can simply click the little arrows and it will sort the voters by name, region, party, and district.

You can remove it if you don't like it, Lewis, but I think it's a nice addition. Smiley

Link: https://uselectionatlas.org/AFEWIKI/index.php/Registered_Voter_Roll#Voters_by_name
Verily
Cuivienen
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 1.81, S: -6.78

« Reply #326 on: November 26, 2007, 08:42:26 PM »

Hi,
I made the "voters by name" table on the Registered Voter Roll page sortable. Lewis made it sound like it was too much work updating each individual party table and what not, so now all he has to do is update that one table, and you can simply click the little arrows and it will sort the voters by name, region, party, and district.

You can remove it if you don't like it, Lewis, but I think it's a nice addition. Smiley

Link: https://uselectionatlas.org/AFEWIKI/index.php/Registered_Voter_Roll#Voters_by_name

I think there's a misalignment in the district numbers somewhere; I'm listed as in District 5, for example.
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.03, S: -6.96

« Reply #327 on: November 26, 2007, 08:48:48 PM »

In response to Inks in his locked thread:

This has already been updated in full. The list is currently in the Ernest Annex of the DoFA building. It is linked via the stickied Fritz Building for Forum Affairs, it may be a page back or so. It is currently not updated on the Wiki. While you're enthusiasm is appreciated it is unneeded as the DoFA has this completed and fully updated.

Can we get the wiki updated then, and the Ernest Annexe stickied?

Jesus just updated the wiki with a sortable list.

That sortable list was very inaccurate - that's what I coppied onto here - most of the Federalist Party members weren't listed as FP's

I did not update the list's data, I merely added the sortable feature. The list was already outdated.

Hi,

I think there's a misalignment in the district numbers somewhere; I'm listed as in District 5, for example.

The same applies here. The data must have already been incorrect.

Updating the Wiki page should no longer be difficult, as only one table needs to be kept up to date, instead of the many different regional and party tables, etc.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #328 on: November 26, 2007, 08:51:11 PM »

This has already been updated in full. The list is currently in the Ernest Annex of the DoFA building. It is linked via the stickied Fritz Building for Forum Affairs, it may be a page back or so. It is currently not updated on the Wiki. While you're enthusiasm is appreciated it is unneeded as the DoFA has this completed and fully updated.

That sortable list was very inaccurate - that's what I coppied onto here - most of the Federalist Party members weren't listed as FP's

I did not update the list's data, I merely added the sortable feature. The list was already outdated.

That's what I thought - Colin was the one who said that you had updated it.
Colin
ColinW
Atlas Icon
Papua New Guinea

Political Matrix
E: 3.87, S: -6.09

« Reply #329 on: November 26, 2007, 08:54:24 PM »
« Edited: November 26, 2007, 08:56:17 PM by President Colin Wixted »

I didn't say that. You're confusing me with Verily. I have never been under the impression that the Wiki represented the current registration data. That can only be found in the Ernest Annexe.

Ask a question of me and then lock the thread. Classy move Inks now I can't even respond without acting like a douchebag. I would also suggest that nobody clutter up the DoFA's building.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #330 on: November 26, 2007, 08:56:25 PM »

I didn't say that. You're confusing me with Verily. I have never been under the impression that the Wiki represented the current registration data. That can only be found in the Ernest Annexe.

Right - my bad.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #331 on: November 28, 2007, 06:43:55 AM »

I would also suggest that nobody clutter up the DoFA's building.
It's okay - we like having some squatters around. Makes the place feel more like home.

Hi,
I made the "voters by name" table on the Registered Voter Roll page sortable.
I'll take a look at it. It may well be that I'll abandon the Ernest Annexe again... although I 'll feel sorry about dropping the name. Sad
Colin
ColinW
Atlas Icon
Papua New Guinea

Political Matrix

« Reply #332 on: November 28, 2007, 12:31:38 PM »

It's okay - we like having some squatters around. Makes the place feel more like home.

Well maybe you should get some sofas or recliners, maybe a big screen TV, make it a little more cozy. Wink
Јas
Jas
Junior Chimp
« Reply #333 on: November 28, 2007, 12:51:40 PM »

Well maybe you should get some sofas or recliners, maybe a big screen TV, make it a little more cozy. Wink

Well if he get's all that then I'll be seeking refuge at the DoFA.
The Vice President's office has suffered badly in recent budget rounds...
Colin
ColinW
Atlas Icon
Papua New Guinea

Political Matrix

« Reply #334 on: November 28, 2007, 12:52:35 PM »

I see that plan to move you to West Virginia worked well. How long until you get indoor plumbing?
Јas
Jas
Junior Chimp
« Reply #335 on: November 28, 2007, 12:58:42 PM »

I see that plan to move you to West Virginia worked well. How long until you get indoor plumbing?

Unfortunately our funds will only stretch so far. We're having a meeting tomorrow on budgetary priorities: indoor plumbing v. replacing the carrier pigeon.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #336 on: November 28, 2007, 03:07:07 PM »

Unfortunately our funds will only stretch so far. We're having a meeting tomorrow on budgetary priorities: indoor plumbing v. replacing the carrier pigeon.
Indoor plumbing!? WOW. You guys must be rich.

This is the Fritz Building:

And this is the Ernest Annexe:

minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #337 on: December 04, 2007, 01:35:49 PM »

The SoFA is confused... according to his reading of the  XIth Amendment the December exception we used to have is repealed and the election is not to start until Thursday, the 20th. Which means that new registrations remain open until the 10th and the filing deadline for candidates is open until 00:00 on the 13th. However, the amendment was already in place last december and it certainly wasn't interpreted that way then as the election begun on Friday the 15th. Which would move all these deadlines ahead by a week. Could someone please enlighten me as to whether I'm missing something?

Irrespective of all that,
the DoFA has so far received the following candidate declarations:
D1 - Bacon King, DWDL
D2 - Mr Moderate
D3 - Afleitch
D4 - Hughento, Willy Woz
D5 - Culture King, Porce, Xahar (all listed alphabetically).
The DoFA has not yet reached a decision regarding Gporter's declaration of candidacy for a district he doesn't reside in (d4), but leans towards considering him a candidate for the district he does in fact reside in (d3), assuming (if the voter roll is still open) he doesn't move.

Furthermore, the SoFA will get to updating the voter roll before or at the very very latest during the election, and also to a decision regarding on where to keep voter rolls in the future. Promised.
But not right now. Currently, the SoFA spends virtually every minute either at his day job, recuperating from his day job, (on weekends:) partying, or recuperating from partying; and is therefore horribly strapped for time.
Colin
ColinW
Atlas Icon
Papua New Guinea

Political Matrix

« Reply #338 on: December 04, 2007, 01:45:35 PM »

I believe Gporter dropped out of the race so you will not have to try and figure out what district he's running in.
Small Business Owner of Any Repute
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #339 on: December 04, 2007, 02:27:02 PM »

I believe Gporter dropped out of the race so you will not have to try and figure out what district he's running in.

And Atlasia is worse off because of it.  Sad
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #340 on: December 04, 2007, 02:53:46 PM »

But he didn't in the candidate thread.
Colin
ColinW
Atlas Icon
Papua New Guinea

Political Matrix

« Reply #341 on: December 04, 2007, 04:20:47 PM »

Does he have to? I thought the precedent was that if you stated that you are dropping out in a public post it is taken as official and your name is not on the ballot. This may have changed with subsequent legislation.
Peter
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -7.48

« Reply #342 on: December 04, 2007, 04:31:47 PM »

I agree with your interpretation of the 11th Amendment. Why wasn't it done this way last year? Probably the fact that nobody realised that the Law had been accidentally changed. (which, btw, you can all blame me for)
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #343 on: December 05, 2007, 02:55:29 PM »

Does he have to? I thought the precedent was that if you stated that you are dropping out in a public post it is taken as official and your name is not on the ballot.
That requires me to read every public post on the forum. That's asking a wee bit much if you ask me. Tongue
However, gporter has replied to a pm the DoFA has sent him, and confirmed that he has indeed dropped out. Which settles the matter as far as I'm concerned.

minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #344 on: December 19, 2007, 05:43:49 PM »

Election will begin tomorrow, 2pm Forum time, and conclude 72 hours later.
Robespierre's Jaw
Senator Conor Flynn
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -8.35

« Reply #345 on: December 19, 2007, 05:49:58 PM »

Election will begin tomorrow, 2pm Forum time, and conclude 72 hours later.

Thanks Lewis. I was going to ask you when the Elections were going to take place but you beat me to it. Your doing a good job as Secretary of Forum Affaris Lewis, I congratulate you on your work thus far.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #346 on: December 20, 2007, 08:23:58 AM »

Voter rolls have been updated.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #347 on: January 15, 2008, 07:05:44 AM »

A big ole update of the voter roll, info on the presidentials, etc will roll around after I got this theatre premiere out of the way.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #348 on: February 15, 2008, 07:15:25 AM »

Regular voting will start thursday 1pm ET and conclude 72 hours later.

Absentee voting booth (yes, they're still on the law books, though we haven't had one in a while) will be up in ten minutes or so.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #349 on: February 16, 2008, 09:18:43 AM »

The following registered voters have not yet posted 15 times in the 56 days before the election, ie since December 27th, and have til Feb 20th (inclusive) to do so if they want their vote to count. (Yes, I recognize all but two or three haven't been on in ages.)
Figures is posts since Dec 27th so far.

Chuck Hagel 08 (South Park Conservative) - 0
Conan - 5
DanielX - 0
Defarge - 1
downwithdaleft - 0
DWPerry - 11
Emsworth - 0
Julian Francis - 8
Robert Stark - 1
texasgurl - 0
Wildcard - 0