The Fritz Building for Forum Affairs (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 05:56:29 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The Fritz Building for Forum Affairs (search mode)
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: The Fritz Building for Forum Affairs  (Read 72005 times)
Q
QQQQQQ

Political Matrix
E: 2.26, S: -4.88

« Reply #50 on: February 19, 2006, 10:55:25 PM »

I take this to court. Otherwise my vote will get thrown out again, since it's one law for Democrats and one law for Republicans.

Woah there, jfern.  Your vote does count this time.

And look at my avatar.  I'm not discriminating against anyone.

there's a double standard here. Did I go bitching and whining when my vote wasn't counted? No. But now that people ignore the precedent when its someone elses votes, I'm pissed.

You should be "pissed" at whoever was the SoFA back in May 2005 or whenever that was.  I won't follow precedent if that precedent was illegal!  The law trumps any precedent there may be.
Q
QQQQQQ

Political Matrix

« Reply #51 on: February 19, 2006, 10:57:52 PM »

Did the rule just change in the last 2 months?

Is it too late to change states and vote in that region for the December elections?

You have to have been registered in the electoral division for ten days prior to the election in order to vote in the election.

I can't remember what day was Election Day, but if it's the 14th or later, then you're in the clear.

No, the laws have not changed.  It's just that no one has actually bothered to read the law, it seems.
Q
QQQQQQ

Political Matrix

« Reply #52 on: February 19, 2006, 11:05:47 PM »

Jfern, I'm not going to do something illegal just because other people did illegal things in the past.

You were disenfranchised illegally last time; I really don't want to do that to Everett now.
Q
QQQQQQ

Political Matrix

« Reply #53 on: February 19, 2006, 11:13:40 PM »

Jfern, I'm not going to do something illegal just because other people did illegal things in the past.

You were disenfranchised illegally last time; I really don't want to do that to Everett now.
You can't just selectively ignore precedent.

I absolutely can.  Illegal precedent will be ignored.  Legal precedent will in most instances be upheld.

You may bring a lawsuit in the "Government" board if you wish; please continue any discussion of this matter in a new thread on that board.  Thank you.
Q
QQQQQQ

Political Matrix

« Reply #54 on: February 21, 2006, 09:02:16 PM »

Per
Quote from: Restricted
You must be logged in to read this quote.

The March 2006 Federal Census shall be taken on Friday, March 3, at noon EST and released soon thereafter.
Q
QQQQQQ

Political Matrix

« Reply #55 on: March 03, 2006, 12:24:31 PM »

The results of the March 2006 Atlasian Census stand as follows:

Q
QQQQQQ

Political Matrix

« Reply #56 on: March 11, 2006, 01:18:35 PM »

Some brilliant changes, Mr. Secretary!  I love all the new features and data.  Very nice. Smiley
Q
QQQQQQ

Political Matrix

« Reply #57 on: March 25, 2006, 12:15:02 AM »

In a bit of unrelated news, just to clear up some confusuion on the matter, MHS2002 is still Deputy Secretary of Forum Affairs.  I never asked for his resignation when I took office as Secretary, and he has indicated that he is willing to continue serving in that post.

I'm glad to hear it. Grin
Q
QQQQQQ

Political Matrix

« Reply #58 on: April 19, 2006, 05:58:45 PM »

May a person select "none of the above" parties in addition to choosing a Senate candidate, or does "none of the above" under "party" indicate that one wishes to vote for no candidate?
Q
QQQQQQ

Political Matrix

« Reply #59 on: April 26, 2006, 05:16:21 PM »

As a note to voters in conjuction with the above statement: The national plebescite on FPTP implementation will follow standard "election" rules, however.
Q
QQQQQQ

Political Matrix

« Reply #60 on: April 27, 2006, 12:42:01 AM »

As a note to voters in conjuction with the above statement: The national plebescite on FPTP implementation will follow standard "election" rules, however.
Standard election rules would disqualify two aye votes.  Is that your intention?

No.  The intent would be to disqualify illegal votes, not votes that are cast to lead to a certain electoral outcome.
Q
QQQQQQ

Political Matrix

« Reply #61 on: April 27, 2006, 10:00:18 PM »

Standard election rules would disqualify two aye votes.  Is that your intention?
No.  The intent would be to disqualify illegal votes, not votes that are cast to lead to a certain electoral outcome.
I in no way meant that you would disqualify votes based on which way they went, I was just wondering seeing how close this is, whether you would seek to throw those vtes out, which were aye votes.

Alright, that makes me feel better.  The answer to your original question, then, is yes.
Q
QQQQQQ

Political Matrix

« Reply #62 on: May 31, 2006, 12:03:44 PM »

Would it be advantageous for the SoFA to use the Wiki exclusively, rather than having two people to publish similar information in two different places?  I remember that I wasn't very good with wiki-writing, so I chose to stick with Excel, but it might be easier in the long run if at some point some SoFA could make the switch.

But nice work, Mr. Secretary and Mr. Attorney General.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies