The Fritz Building for Forum Affairs (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 09:03:11 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The Fritz Building for Forum Affairs (search mode)
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: The Fritz Building for Forum Affairs  (Read 71958 times)
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #25 on: April 28, 2006, 01:34:34 PM »

The vote of Defarge in the Senate Runoff Election

has been invalidated for failure to meet the activity requirements. Defarge had only 24 posts in the 56 day period from 18:00 EST on March 2, 2006 to 18:00 EST on April 27, 2006 EST.
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #26 on: April 30, 2006, 06:27:31 PM »

The following voters with old registrations have been deregistered for failure to vote in any Federal election in the past four months.

Blerpiez
Liberty

All voters who wish to continue participating in Atlasian politics are free to reregister as a new voter if they wish.
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #27 on: May 01, 2006, 12:16:06 AM »

Voter rolls have been updated and uploaded!
Comrades, registrations are current as of Everett's change of party on Sunday.
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #28 on: May 16, 2006, 06:23:28 PM »
« Edited: May 16, 2006, 08:18:23 PM by SoFA Ernest »

I have just now become aware of the Hawkeye situation.  (I've been busy, so I've only been checking the Fantasy boards lately.)

First of all, altho the counter for hawkeye says 48 posts, only 22 posts of Hawkeye remain undeleted (19 of which are around solely because they were the first post in a thread.  As such Hawkeye is no longer a valid voter, since he lacks the required 25 posts.

Second, tho it pains me to do so, I must ask that the  Attorney General bring a case against PBrunsel under the Voter Fraud Act. I'm not certain that he and Hawkeye are the same person, but there has been enough doubt raised that the resolution that a trial would bring on this point is desirable.
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #29 on: May 24, 2006, 11:00:02 AM »

The new Candidate Declaration Thread is open for business, with the start of the declaration period bumed back from 21 to 28 days, I should have opened it last week, but since the new regulations didn't get promulgated until today, I don't think any real harm has been done.  I lefte Federal out of the thread's name, since I don't mind if the Regions choose to make use of it, but that's their call to make.
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #30 on: May 25, 2006, 08:33:51 PM »

Delay has largely due entirely to the fact that it is a PITA for me to upload to my webspace and that there was no Federal reason to rush.
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #31 on: May 25, 2006, 10:37:53 PM »

No problem.  I keep the rolls updated constantly, I just don't upload them after every change.
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #32 on: May 31, 2006, 01:38:35 PM »

The ability to easily sort and update causes me to want to keep the information in a spreadsheet format, not Wiki format.

I have discovered I have made a small error.  I was thinking that the election would be the weekend of June 15-18, but it is actually June 22-25, since the third Thursday is not the second to last Thursday this June.  People have one extra week to campaign and declare.
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #33 on: June 05, 2006, 08:40:32 PM »

It is wonderful that Joe Republic is back.  However, it has been four months since he last voted, and therefore I must announce that he in accordance with Article IV Section 2 Clause 6 of, he is officially deregistered as of today.

However, he still has plenty of time to reregister before the election if he wishes.
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #34 on: June 08, 2006, 10:04:41 PM »

four months after one's last vote, one is deregistered.  Reregistration after that is treated the same as a new registration, so you would need to be registered at least 10 days before an election to vote.  As long as one is registered and you meet the 100 or 250 post requirement for Senator or President respectively, you can run, even if you can't vote because of the 10 day rule.
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #35 on: June 12, 2006, 07:04:01 PM »

This list is current as of 8pmEDT today and so has everyone registered to vote in the election 10 days hence.
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #36 on: June 15, 2006, 04:33:24 PM »

Ernest, when will absentee voting begin and what is the process for it going to be? I will be out of town from the morning of the 18th to late on the 25th, and will need to vote prior to leaving.
Absentee voting will be done in a thread in the Voting Booth and shall being as soon after 8pm EDT tonight as I can have the thread ready.
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #37 on: June 23, 2006, 01:01:19 AM »
« Edited: June 24, 2006, 11:45:03 AM by SoFA Ernest »

The vote of Fritz in the June 2006 Regular Election

OFFICIAL BALLOT

President/Vice-President
1. Everett/TexasGurl
2. Ebowed/Q
3. AndrewBerger/King

Midwest Senate
1. BRTD

has been invalidated for failure to meet the activity requirements. Fritz had only 23 posts in the 56 day period from 20:00 EDT on April 27, 2006 to 20:00 EDT on June 22, 2006 EST.
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #38 on: June 24, 2006, 11:36:08 AM »
« Edited: June 24, 2006, 11:37:52 AM by SoFA Ernest »

The vote of Inks.LWC in the June 2006 Regular Election

OFFICAL BALLOT

President/Vice President
Ron Dubya (Texas) / Milk and Cereal (Michigan)

Senate

Mideast
MasterJedi (Wisconsin)

has been invalidated for failure to register 10 or more days prior to the start of the election.
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #39 on: June 24, 2006, 11:51:38 AM »

The vote of OWL in the June 2006 Regular Election

What a shame. Some fine candidates and I'm INACTIVE.

President/Vice President

1. Write-in: Supersoulty / WMS
2. Write-in: Everett / Texasgurl
3. True Democrat (Pennsylvania) / Supersoulty (Pennsylvania)
4. Andrew Berger (New York) / King (Alabama)
5. Ebowed (South Carolina) / Q (Georgia)
6. Ron Dubya (Texas) / Milk and Cereal (Michigan)

Senate

Midwest
1. Jas (Iowa)

has been invalidated for failure to meet the activity requirements. OWL had only 4 posts in the 56 day period from 20:00 EDT on April 27, 2006 to 20:00 EDT on June 22, 2006 EST.
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #40 on: June 25, 2006, 10:50:26 PM »

The following voters with new registrations were not eligible to vote in the just concluded Federal regular election and are continued on the roles as having new registrations.

• gumbiegirl007
  • Inks.LWC

he following voters with new registrations failed to vote in the just concluded Federal regular election and are deregistered.
  • Comrade Imes
  • Jacob
  • Max Power
  • Milk and Cereal

All other new registrants voted in the just concluded Federal regular election and now have activated registrations.

The following voters with activated registrations have failed to vote in a Federal election in the past four months and are deregistered.
  • Buckwheat
  • Erc
  • GM3PRP
  • J-Mann
  • John F. Kennedy
  • Nation
  • nini2287
  • Preorder Sheep Plushie
  • Progress
  • Siege40

The following voters have deregistered under The Deregistration Act
  • Jake
  • True Democrat

Voters that have been deregistered are free to reregister as a new voter at any time.  Such reregistrations are subject to the 60 day limit on changes in state of residence, as if they had never been deregistered.
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #41 on: June 26, 2006, 12:06:36 AM »

I have been consistent and removed exhausted ballots and I believe other SoFAs have as well.  The requirement in the law is for "a majority of the highest preference votes" which implies that a ballot which has exhausted its preferenes is no longer counted.  Furthermore, the election law has no provision for what should happen if no candidate receives preferences on a majority of ballots. By the way, the issue is moot for this election since even if one were to take the opposite interpretation, jeruslaemcar5 still would have won the Northeast Senate seat with 11 preferences on 21 ballots in the 4th round of counting.
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #42 on: June 26, 2006, 12:19:48 AM »

Good job Ernest. Kind of a nitpicky question: Is Al's re-registration valid as he did not list a state? Even though it's assumed he's just staying in West Virginia I always believed you need to list all three fields while registering.

Article V Section 2 Clause 1 states: "A person may become a registered voter if he has attained twenty-five posts at the forum. In registration, the person must state his name and State of fantasy residence; in addition, he may optionally state a political affiliation."

Thus when registering for the first time you must provide one's name and State.  The Constitution is silent on the question of what is required when changing one's registration and since the reason for requiring a State is so that voters can vote for the Senate, I see no reason to be picky about it.  Besides, even if I were picky about it, it would have no practical effect.  (Tho it could if the Senate ever gave the major parties some advantage under the law, as is within their power.)

Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #43 on: June 26, 2006, 09:59:20 PM »

Also, am I currect in saying that for the next census, there will be 78 citizens total?
76 unless either Kake or True democrat reregister or some other voter deregisters.  Between that and the fact that the people could move, I'm not releasing census figures or a map until the 1st.
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #44 on: June 26, 2006, 10:09:23 PM »

I never said I was a good typisy, Jake.
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #45 on: July 01, 2006, 06:17:06 PM »
« Edited: July 02, 2006, 12:20:56 AM by SoFA Ernest »

This is a heads up on the Census results.  The Census won't be until Friday, but here is what we have right now.

EDIT: Sam Spade moved from Puerto Rico to Texas on July 1.  Map updated to reflect that.

Census population: 74  (14.8 per District)

Total population: 93 (18.6 per District)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #46 on: July 02, 2006, 12:02:57 AM »

Red are all registered voters; blue is just those who voted in the last Federal election.  Redistricting has to be balanced according to the blue.  The red is provided merely as information that the governors may wish to consider as they decide how to redistrict; but they can totally ignore it if they wish
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #47 on: July 07, 2006, 06:32:34 PM »

These are the official Census results as of noon today.

Census population: 73 (14.6 per District)

Total population: 92 (18.4 per District)

It has been interesting to have been your Secretary of Forum Affairs, and until Peter Bell is sworn in, I shall continue to serve in a caretaker function, but I'll let him decide what to do with the draft regulations that hadn't yet been finalized.  At a minimum they need some rewriting so that they reference the newly passed electoral law instead of the former.
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #48 on: July 07, 2006, 09:29:49 PM »

To help redistricters who wish to balance both Census and Total Population, here's a map showing the difference between the two values.

19 registered voters who did not vote in the last election.
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #49 on: July 09, 2006, 09:46:20 PM »

The only requirement under current law for a party is that in order for it to be considered a "major party", it must have 5 or members.  In practice, I recognize almost any party name, except in the case of King -- I ignore his parties' names, and keep him listed under King's Joke Party, purely to keep the amount of record keeping to a minimum for his one man parties.
Pages: 1 [2] 3  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies