The Fritz Building for Forum Affairs (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 17, 2024, 09:32:42 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The Fritz Building for Forum Affairs (search mode)
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: The Fritz Building for Forum Affairs  (Read 71486 times)
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #25 on: November 16, 2007, 02:09:44 PM »

Official Voter Rolls have been rehoused in the Ernest Annexe. Except for the District List, lists there are up to date. Please point out errors.

minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #26 on: November 23, 2007, 05:31:55 AM »

District figures have been added at the Ernest Annexe. District numbers in the by-party and by-region lists are still inaccurate, however.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #27 on: November 24, 2007, 06:58:26 AM »

District figures have been added at the Ernest Annexe. District numbers in the by-party and by-region lists are still inaccurate, however.

Afleitch is a member of the NLC.
Link? The search function (which frequently misses things) throws up no post by him to include either "NLC" or "National Liberal Coalition", and the only result from the register thread it threw up when searching for "Afleitch" in his posts are his indy registration from june 06, and an even earlier one from 2005.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #28 on: November 26, 2007, 05:50:50 AM »
« Edited: November 26, 2007, 05:54:34 AM by Inqilab Zindabad! »

This is to officially certify that the Resolution on the Issue of Atlasian Recognition of the United States of America has failed to be approved in a public vote.

Results
Votes cast 39
Aye 12
Nay 25
Abstentions 2
Invalid 0.

The list of who voted for what at the Tracker is correct, except that Jas missed Jake's nay vote.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #29 on: November 26, 2007, 09:18:10 AM »

...except that Jas missed Jake's nay vote.

Argh!

The Tracker's counting procedures are under review.
Persons found responsible shall be defenestrated.
Make sure that it's a ground floor window, and that it's open, before you hurl yourself through it.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #30 on: November 28, 2007, 06:43:55 AM »

I would also suggest that nobody clutter up the DoFA's building.
It's okay - we like having some squatters around. Makes the place feel more like home.

Hi,
I made the "voters by name" table on the Registered Voter Roll page sortable.
I'll take a look at it. It may well be that I'll abandon the Ernest Annexe again... although I 'll feel sorry about dropping the name. Sad
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #31 on: November 28, 2007, 03:07:07 PM »

I would also suggest that nobody clutter up the DoFA's building.

It's okay - we like having some squatters around. Makes the place feel more like home.

Well maybe you should get some sofas or recliners, maybe a big screen TV, make it a little more cozy. Wink

Well if he get's all that then I'll be seeking refuge at the DoFA.
The Vice President's office has suffered badly in recent budget rounds...

I see that plan to move you to West Virginia worked well. How long until you get indoor plumbing?

Unfortunately our funds will only stretch so far. We're having a meeting tomorrow on budgetary priorities: indoor plumbing v. replacing the carrier pigeon.
Indoor plumbing!? WOW. You guys must be rich.

This is the Fritz Building:

And this is the Ernest Annexe:

minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #32 on: December 04, 2007, 01:35:49 PM »

The SoFA is confused... according to his reading of the  XIth Amendment the December exception we used to have is repealed and the election is not to start until Thursday, the 20th. Which means that new registrations remain open until the 10th and the filing deadline for candidates is open until 00:00 on the 13th. However, the amendment was already in place last december and it certainly wasn't interpreted that way then as the election begun on Friday the 15th. Which would move all these deadlines ahead by a week. Could someone please enlighten me as to whether I'm missing something?

Irrespective of all that,
the DoFA has so far received the following candidate declarations:
D1 - Bacon King, DWDL
D2 - Mr Moderate
D3 - Afleitch
D4 - Hughento, Willy Woz
D5 - Culture King, Porce, Xahar (all listed alphabetically).
The DoFA has not yet reached a decision regarding Gporter's declaration of candidacy for a district he doesn't reside in (d4), but leans towards considering him a candidate for the district he does in fact reside in (d3), assuming (if the voter roll is still open) he doesn't move.

Furthermore, the SoFA will get to updating the voter roll before or at the very very latest during the election, and also to a decision regarding on where to keep voter rolls in the future. Promised.
But not right now. Currently, the SoFA spends virtually every minute either at his day job, recuperating from his day job, (on weekends:) partying, or recuperating from partying; and is therefore horribly strapped for time.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #33 on: December 04, 2007, 02:53:46 PM »

I believe Gporter dropped out of the race so you will not have to try and figure out what district he's running in.
But he didn't in the candidate thread.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #34 on: December 05, 2007, 02:55:29 PM »

I believe Gporter dropped out of the race so you will not have to try and figure out what district he's running in.
But he didn't in the candidate thread.

Does he have to? I thought the precedent was that if you stated that you are dropping out in a public post it is taken as official and your name is not on the ballot.
That requires me to read every public post on the forum. That's asking a wee bit much if you ask me. Tongue
However, gporter has replied to a pm the DoFA has sent him, and confirmed that he has indeed dropped out. Which settles the matter as far as I'm concerned.

minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #35 on: December 19, 2007, 05:43:49 PM »

Election will begin tomorrow, 2pm Forum time, and conclude 72 hours later.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #36 on: December 20, 2007, 08:23:58 AM »

Voter rolls have been updated.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #37 on: January 15, 2008, 07:05:44 AM »

A big ole update of the voter roll, info on the presidentials, etc will roll around after I got this theatre premiere out of the way.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #38 on: February 15, 2008, 07:15:25 AM »

Regular voting will start thursday 1pm ET and conclude 72 hours later.

Absentee voting booth (yes, they're still on the law books, though we haven't had one in a while) will be up in ten minutes or so.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #39 on: February 16, 2008, 09:18:43 AM »

The following registered voters have not yet posted 15 times in the 56 days before the election, ie since December 27th, and have til Feb 20th (inclusive) to do so if they want their vote to count. (Yes, I recognize all but two or three haven't been on in ages.)
Figures is posts since Dec 27th so far.

Chuck Hagel 08 (South Park Conservative) - 0
Conan - 5
DanielX - 0
Defarge - 1
downwithdaleft - 0
DWPerry - 11
Emsworth - 0
Julian Francis - 8
Robert Stark - 1
texasgurl - 0
Wildcard - 0
Walter Evans Edge - 13
Wise Guy - 0
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #40 on: February 18, 2008, 03:13:23 PM »

gporter/Willy Woz will be recognised as a write-in candidacy.

minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #41 on: February 21, 2008, 06:58:27 AM »

The following registered voters have not yet posted 15 times in the 56 days before the election, ie since December 27th, and have til Feb 20th (inclusive) to do so if they want their vote to count. (Yes, I recognize all but two or three haven't been on in ages.)
Figures is posts since Dec 27th so far.

Chuck Hagel 08 (South Park Conservative) - 0
Conan - 5
DanielX - 0
Defarge - 1
downwithdaleft - 0
DWPerry - 11
Emsworth - 0
Julian Francis - 8
Robert Stark - 1
texasgurl - 0
Wildcard - 0
Walter Evans Edge - 13
Wise Guy - 0
The following posters have managed to fulfill activity requirements after all:

Daniel X
DWPerry
Walter Evans Edge
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #42 on: February 21, 2008, 01:27:26 PM »

The DoFA would like to point out (once again) that it is not possible to vote "None of the Above" for any other than a first preference, and that any lower preferences for "None of the Above" will be treated like joke write-ins, ie ignored.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #43 on: February 24, 2008, 07:14:42 AM »
« Edited: February 24, 2008, 07:17:49 AM by your friendly neighborhood Male White Corporate Oppressor »

Please note that Eraserhead, who attempted to cast a vote, is not a registered voter.

He registered on 7th October,2007 (and also in the spring of 2006) but did not vote in the first election after that, leading to his removal from the voter roll.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #44 on: February 24, 2008, 02:32:03 PM »

Update to the voter rolls will have to wait until after the Pacific runoff.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #45 on: February 25, 2008, 07:52:17 AM »

An absentee voting booth for the Runoff election has been opened.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #46 on: February 28, 2008, 10:53:41 AM »

The following Pacific residents have not posted 15 times in the 56 days before today's runoff:

Robert Stark
Texasgurl
Wildcard
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #47 on: March 02, 2008, 12:59:04 PM »

The following voters will be removed from the voter roll due to either missing four elections in a row, or missing their first election:

Akno, Bono, Tik, Daniel X, Dr.Cynic, Emsworth, Flyers, Gabu, GOPFlyer10, Gully Foyle, John Dibble, Julian Francis, Kevin, MarkWarner08, Matchu, PGSable, Reignman, Wildcard.

PM alerts will be sent out shortly.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #48 on: March 05, 2008, 05:31:57 PM »

Just pointing out:
The by-election for Ebowed's seat will begin Thursday, 13th and conclude 36 hours later. Poll opening and closing is provisionally scheduled as 1pm ET. (Fingers crossed that planet real life doesn't intrude here.) The filing deadline is Tuesday, 11th, 01:00 pm ET. Declared candidates so far: Everett (JCP-OR) and CultureKing (PLP-WA).

Should any other Senate vacancy arise (Cough. Mr Moderate. Cough) by Sunday, 9th, 11:59pm ET, than all of the above applies to such by-election as well. Should it occur after that, the by-election will be held a week after that.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #49 on: March 10, 2008, 09:41:45 AM »

Just pointing out:
The by-election for Ebowed's seat will begin Thursday, 13th and conclude 36 hours later. Poll opening and closing is provisionally scheduled as 1pm ET. (Fingers crossed that planet real life doesn't intrude here.) The filing deadline is Tuesday, 11th, 01:00 pm ET. Declared candidates so far: Everett (JCP-OR) and CultureKing (PLP-WA).

Should any other Senate vacancy arise (Cough. Mr Moderate. Cough) by Sunday, 9th, 11:59pm ET, than all of the above applies to such by-election as well. Should it occur after that, the by-election will be held a week after that.

To avoid any confusion: The times given above are Eastern Time. Not Eastern Daylight Savings Time.
Pages: 1 [2] 3  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies