The Fritz Building for Forum Affairs (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 03:20:37 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The Fritz Building for Forum Affairs (search mode)
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: The Fritz Building for Forum Affairs  (Read 71299 times)
Q
QQQQQQ

Political Matrix
E: 2.26, S: -4.88

« Reply #25 on: January 04, 2006, 05:05:19 PM »
« edited: February 07, 2006, 12:34:49 AM by SoFA Q »

Candidates Recognized by the Department of Forum Affairs for Appearance on the Ballot in the February 2006 Federal Elections (to Date)

This election will commence at midnight on Friday, February 17 and conclude at 11:59:59pm on Sunday, February 19.  (All times Eastern).  Declarations of candidacy must be made at least seven days before the beginning of the election, or by Thursday, February 9.

President/Vice President
Ilikeverin/PBrunsel
Jesus/
John Ford/True Independent
Ebowed/Q

Senate
Mideast
Emsworth
MasterJedi

Midwest
Ernest
Lewis Trondheim
Yates

Northeast
Brian from Family Guy
Colin Wixted

Pacific
Jesus

Southeast
Brandon H
Brandon W
Josh22
Q
QQQQQQ

Political Matrix

« Reply #26 on: January 05, 2006, 09:36:13 PM »
« Edited: January 06, 2006, 02:30:57 PM by Q »

All voter registration records are intact, so please do not re-register unless you're actually changing something about your registration.
Q
QQQQQQ

Political Matrix

« Reply #27 on: January 11, 2006, 05:36:25 PM »

Q - Can I see the current District map?

Is this what you're looking for, Jake?
Q
QQQQQQ

Political Matrix

« Reply #28 on: January 26, 2006, 10:11:44 PM »

Have you counted Clay's previous request for deregistration as having been honoured as stipulated by Clause 5 of the Act? This seems to the most reasonable interpretation that I can see on your removing him in the latest update.

Yes, that is correct.

I appreciate your concern, as always, Mr. Chief Justice.  The importance of precedent is often overlooked here, especially at the time it is established.

Please let me know if you think more clarification is warranted.
Q
QQQQQQ

Political Matrix

« Reply #29 on: January 30, 2006, 02:35:54 PM »

While the abrupt departure of Yates from Atlasia is of concern to me, as we don't know what has happened to him IRL, I am pleased to have found an extremely capable replacement for Deputy Secretary of Fourm Affairs, and that is MHS2002.
Q
QQQQQQ

Political Matrix

« Reply #30 on: January 30, 2006, 03:11:33 PM »

Per the terms of Article I, Section 4 of the Constitution:

If a vacancy shall occur in a Class B Senate seat, then a special election shall be called to fill the remainder of the vacated term within one week of the vacancy occurring.  Such special election shall be held from midnight Eastern Standard Time on a Friday and shall conclude exactly 72 hours later.

A special election shall be held for the District 2 Senate seat, being vacated by Senator Al, beginning at midnight this Friday, February 3.
Q
QQQQQQ

Political Matrix

« Reply #31 on: January 30, 2006, 10:20:10 PM »

If a voter misses two consecutive elections, the voter is removed from the rolls. If the reregister, are they New, or is New only used to refer to a brand new voter who has never registered before?

Thanks for the question, Mr. Attorney General.

I have been marking as "new" both brand-new voters as well as such prodigal voters as you have described.

I can't always know whether someone has been here before, especially during the time before I was active, making it impractical to try to recall such things, and furthermore, I take "new" to simply mean someone whose registration was not previously current (i.e. not on the voter rolls), so I think it would be problematic to give prodigals special protection not afforded to newbies when determining whether to remove them.  Please let me know if you disagree with how I've been handling this.

Which notes on the Wiki are confusing?  I don't update that site; I just use the Excel voter roll files.
Q
QQQQQQ

Political Matrix

« Reply #32 on: January 31, 2006, 03:34:36 PM »

Thank you for the link, Peter.  Is it accurate to say that the law does not address whether prodigals should be considered as "new"?  I don't believe the Department's current policy violates the clause you cited.
Q
QQQQQQ

Political Matrix

« Reply #33 on: January 31, 2006, 11:12:56 PM »

Excellent.  I am very pleased that MHS2002 may now take office.

Mr. President, what is your opinion on the issue of prodigal voters that peter and I have been discussing?  I will defer to your opinion on this matter.
Q
QQQQQQ

Political Matrix

« Reply #34 on: February 01, 2006, 12:27:49 AM »

Would you mind if I add a link to your files from the Wiki page noting the that the Wiki is unofficial and only your records are official (and change it whenever a new SoFA takes over)?

Not at all.  That would make a lot of sense.

And regarding those conflicting notes: Peter's is his own interpretation of the law; Ebowed',s is his own.  I'd wait to hear from the President before deciding for sure how to treat such registrations.
Q
QQQQQQ

Political Matrix

« Reply #35 on: February 02, 2006, 06:05:55 PM »

The voter rolls have been updated.
Q
QQQQQQ

Political Matrix

« Reply #36 on: February 06, 2006, 05:24:40 AM »

The District 2 Senate Special Election has ended in a tie between the candidates Supersoulty and Peter Bell.
Q
QQQQQQ

Political Matrix

« Reply #37 on: February 07, 2006, 12:37:56 AM »
« Edited: February 09, 2006, 10:28:56 PM by SoFA Q »

I originally posted this more than a month ago, but I'm bumping this here.  Reminder about declaration deadline below.

Candidates Recognized by the Department of Forum Affairs for Appearance on the Ballot in the February 2006 Federal Elections (to Date)

This election will commence at midnight on Friday, February 17 and conclude at 11:59:59pm on Sunday, February 19 (all times Eastern).  Declarations of candidacy must be made at least seven days before the beginning of the election, or by Thursday, February 9.

President/Vice President
Ilikeverin/PBrunsel
Jesus/
John Ford/True Independent
Ebowed/Q

Senate
Mideast
Emsworth
MasterJedi

Midwest
Ernest
Lewis Trondheim
Yates

Northeast
Brian from Family Guy
Colin Wixted

Pacific
Jesus
WMS

Southeast
Bacon King
Brandon H
Htmldon
Jake
Josh22
Q
QQQQQQ

Political Matrix

« Reply #38 on: February 07, 2006, 03:46:02 PM »

Quote from: Restricted
You must be logged in to read this quote.

I would like to solicit opinions as to why the District 2 Senate Special Election should not proceed to a runoff, even if one of the candidates has since conceded.

Some people have acted with presumption lately; I would prefer to exercise prudence.
Q
QQQQQQ

Political Matrix

« Reply #39 on: February 07, 2006, 06:58:06 PM »

I suppose that since the law is sufficiently unclear, I will follow the lead of the judge who allowed Frank Lautenberg onto the ballot in New Jersey in 2002, saying that the people's right to representation in the Senate outweighed certain legal technicalities.  Dubious as that tenet may be, I believe that the need for representation of the Second District in the Senate is of greater concern that would be an attempt to determine how the relevant election laws would actually apply in this case, which seems quite unclear and probably cannot be determined with certainty.  Furthermore, I hope that the next president will set as a goal the revision of some of the less clear sections of the election laws so that the winner of an election is not subject to interpretation.

Thus:
With the concession of the candidate Supersoulty, the candidate Peter Bell is the only active candidate with the highest number of first preferences, and is thereby elected.
Q
QQQQQQ

Political Matrix

« Reply #40 on: February 09, 2006, 01:52:29 AM »

Reminder: Today is the last day for qualify for ballot status as a candidate in the February federal elections.
Q
QQQQQQ

Political Matrix

« Reply #41 on: February 10, 2006, 12:48:14 AM »
« Edited: February 11, 2006, 11:28:27 PM by SoFA Q »

The deadline for announcements of candidacy has passed.  Thus the following is likely to be the final ballot for the February 2006 federal elections.

Candidates Recognized by the Department of Forum Affairs for Appearance on the Ballot in the February 2006 Federal Elections

This election will commence at midnight on Friday, February 17 and conclude at 11:59:59pm on Sunday, February 19 (all times Eastern).

President/Vice President
Ilikeverin/PBrunsel
John Ford/True Democrat
Ebowed/Q

Senate
Mideast
MasterJedi

Midwest
Ernest
Lewis Trondheim
Yates

Northeast
Brian from Family Guy
Colin Wixted

Pacific
Jesus
WMS

Southeast
Bacon King
Brandon H
Htmldon
Jake
Q
QQQQQQ

Political Matrix

« Reply #42 on: February 15, 2006, 11:19:24 PM »

Is there an absentee ballot box, I may need to post in there.

I'm currently constructing it, but you may go ahead and post your ballot there if you wish.  It's been posted.
Q
QQQQQQ

Political Matrix

« Reply #43 on: February 16, 2006, 12:03:05 AM »

Article VIII, Section 2, clause 4, one of the "carry overs."

"The procedure for absentee voting will be to make such declaration publicly to the Department of Forum Affairs, and then for the absentee voter to email their vote to the Chief Justice, Secretary of Forum Affairs and Attorney General."

The constitution also gives the Senate the authority to designate a manner of absentee voting, but I'm not seeing anything specific besides this "carry over."

Thank you, Mr. Chief Justice.  I wasn't sure of the procedure, since ILV had made an absentee ballot voting booth for October's elections.

Anyone wishing to cast an absentee ballot should follow these steps, as outlined above.
Q
QQQQQQ

Political Matrix

« Reply #44 on: February 19, 2006, 02:52:11 AM »

Just to clear up any confusion, the voter Everett's ballot for Pacific Senator is valid as cast, as there is no law stating that a voter must be registered in the region 10 days before being able to vote in that region's elections; rather that that a voter must be registered (in general) 10 days before an election, a require that Everett did meet.  Therefore let there be no further issues surrounding that voter's ballot.

Furthermore, no employee of this Department ever suggested that this citizen's vote for President should not count; that is simply a lie, as are many of the other allegations made against the Secretary of Forum Affairs by one individual in particular.

Such insults could not be further from the truth.  Enforcing the law is my primary concern, obviously moreso than my election campaign.  I have taken my job as SoFA very seriously.  I have tried to do a good job and follow the law to the letter, no matter who it hurt or helped politically.

I hope the people of Atlasia will recognize this.
Q
QQQQQQ

Political Matrix

« Reply #45 on: February 19, 2006, 05:02:09 PM »

I wasn't here then, jfern.  Could you please explain your position?
Q
QQQQQQ

Political Matrix

« Reply #46 on: February 19, 2006, 05:04:00 PM »

I registed in MN less than 10 days before the election, voted for BRTD in the Senate race, and it wasn't counted.

Was that your first registration, or had you moved to MN from somewhere else?
Q
QQQQQQ

Political Matrix

« Reply #47 on: February 19, 2006, 05:12:07 PM »

I registed in MN less than 10 days before the election, voted for BRTD in the Senate race, and it wasn't counted.
Was that your first registration, or had you moved to MN from somewhere else?
I had moved.

Unless the laws have changed since them, then I would think that those who disenfranchised you did so illegally.

I don't want to break the law now as they may have back then.
Q
QQQQQQ

Political Matrix

« Reply #48 on: February 19, 2006, 07:43:35 PM »

Everett's vote had better not count.

Here's the law
You must be logged in to read this quote.

And Everett was a registered voter on the 10th day before the election.  The law doesn't say that a voter has to be registered in a particular region 10 days in advance.

Had I been SoFA last May, I would have counted your vote.  You were illegally disenfranchised, jfern, and so you should not want more people to be victimized as you were.
Q
QQQQQQ

Political Matrix

« Reply #49 on: February 19, 2006, 09:26:49 PM »

I have asked Deputy Secretary MHS2002 to certify the presidential election results, as I must recuse myself as to avoid accusations of conflict of interest.  I feel that I have been nothing but neutral to date, but it seems that some people would disagree with me.
Pages: 1 [2] 3  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies