Trump told CBP chief that if he were sent to jail, he would get a pardon
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 17, 2024, 08:39:06 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Trump told CBP chief that if he were sent to jail, he would get a pardon
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Trump told CBP chief that if he were sent to jail, he would get a pardon  (Read 1347 times)
Bidenworth2020
politicalmasta73
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: April 13, 2019, 10:36:06 PM »

If true (and that's always something that has to be said here when it comes to anti-Trump claims), this would be concerning.

Why, however, are the same folks outraged over this not outraged over the very existance of Sanctuary Cities, which are no less a violation of law?  

The reality is that the Sanctuary Cities folks and the Open Borders folks see future Democrats in the ranks of those coming in illegally.  It's as simple as that.  Now, I grant you, that many of the Border Security contingent (of which I am one) see this as well, and have their own political motivations on this.  This is the reaping of the identity politics folks have sown over the last two (2) decades.  What is absent is a coherent argument as to why Open Borders, Extensive Immigration (particularly from the poor and unskilled) and the practice of Sanctuary Cities is good for America.  To restate the needs of the people coming in, the humanitarian argument, or some statement as to the virtues of "diversity" is all well and good, but none of these arguments demonstrate why any of these arguments serve the interests of the CURRENT American citizenry.

We've been over this. That doesn't even occur to Democrats. I literally had never even thought about that until you posted it (and I told you about it more than once), and the numbers don't really work very well anyway - given the level of resentment it creates in people like you, how long the citizenship process takes (if the undocumented ever get to start it in the first place), the relatively low turnout rates that the few who become citizens would likely have, and the fact that there aren't going to be enough to swing all but the closest elections and only in a few areas, it would be a very dumb scheme. High risk, low reward in the far future.

Quite frankly, you're full of crap.

Democrats have been looking forward to these demographic developments for some time.  They advocate policies to, literally, speed the rate of these changes, in order to speed the date they regain the kind of hegemony they enjoyed in the 1930s.

Is it good for the people coming here to open our borders wide and let them all come in, even though they have minimal work skills, no resources, are not self-supporting, and bring nothing but their needs?  Of course it is; this is their Canaan Land.  Is it good for the American citizens who are already here, irregardless of the benefits to the newcomers?  That's a question that needs to be answered honestly.  That the Democrats advocate immigration policies without considering the impact on American citizens is disheartening.  It's the flip side of the GOP policies that shovel our money to the 1% progressively (and, indeed, this is part of that as well). 

"What's good for Americans?".  This doesn't enter the minds of most Democrats on this issue.
Please stop trying to tell Democrats what they believe. I do NOT try to tell you that you are a Trump-apologist.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #26 on: April 13, 2019, 11:10:13 PM »

If true (and that's always something that has to be said here when it comes to anti-Trump claims), this would be concerning.
Shot
Why, however, are the same folks outraged over this not outraged over the very existance of Sanctuary Cities, which are no less a violation of law? 
CHASER!

That's how we Atlas Superstars do it!    Sunglasses

If by Superstars you mean semantical bores, sure.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #27 on: April 13, 2019, 11:48:34 PM »

Trump definitely offered pardons to Homeland Security Officials, and seems very frustrated:

SteveRogers
duncan298
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -5.04

« Reply #28 on: April 13, 2019, 11:54:48 PM »

In what way are sanctuary cities a violation of the law? Which law, specifically?
A local police jurisdiction not cooperating with federal immigration enforcement is absolutely not against the law.
I know this, but I’m resigned to the fact that Fuzzy will never respond to this.
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #29 on: April 14, 2019, 06:49:21 AM »

In what way are sanctuary cities a violation of the law? Which law, specifically?
A local police jurisdiction not cooperating with federal immigration enforcement is absolutely not against the law.
I know this, but I’m resigned to the fact that Fuzzy will never respond to this.

Let's start with 8 USC section 1324.
SteveRogers
duncan298
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -5.04

« Reply #30 on: April 14, 2019, 11:31:48 AM »

Let's start with 8 USC section 1324.
Okay. Sanctuary cities are not in violation of that statute. Refusal by local authorities to comply with ICE detainer requests is not and cannot be a crime. It is a bedrock principle of Constitutional law that the federal government cannot commandeer state officials to enforce federal law. What else you got?
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies