Death penalty supporters only: what crimes should be punishable to death? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 08:54:50 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Debate (Moderator: Torie)
  Death penalty supporters only: what crimes should be punishable to death? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Death penalty supporters only: what crimes should be punishable to death?  (Read 3046 times)
beaver2.0
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -2.45, S: -0.52

P P

« on: August 17, 2021, 08:45:55 AM »

Murder, mutilation, treason, breaches of the public trust, and financial crimes.
beaver2.0
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -2.45, S: -0.52

P P

« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2021, 03:13:51 PM »

Murder, mutilation, treason, breaches of the public trust, and financial crimes.

Why would the last two require the death penalty?
I believe the death penalty, if it should be used, and I am not sure of that, should be applied in cases where the perpetrator has been deemed unfit to live in society following their crime.

In the latter cases I am referring to things like a US Senator engaging in twenty years of skimming money from campaign funds, not a no-name representative lying about having a mistress.  This is more aimed at elected officials, not a DMV desk clerk that does a little wrong.

In the second case, I believe large-scale scammers have shown themselves unfit to live in society as their scams hurt many people and have left people with nothing.  Again, this is not meant to catch a cashier that takes $5 out of the register, but more people like Bernie Madoff or Enron.

I'd also be fine with corporal punishment for more minor offenses along these lines.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies