Wisconsin Megathread v3: GOP in MASSIVE DISARRAY
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 01, 2024, 12:27:35 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Wisconsin Megathread v3: GOP in MASSIVE DISARRAY
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 105 106 107 108 109 [110] 111 112 113 114 115 ... 129
Author Topic: Wisconsin Megathread v3: GOP in MASSIVE DISARRAY  (Read 171179 times)
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #2725 on: April 05, 2023, 01:28:23 PM »

They don't have a supermajority in the state assembly to override Evers or appointment of another judge that's why

Likely to lose their supermajority anyways in a Prez Eday
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #2726 on: April 05, 2023, 01:29:18 PM »

They don't have a supermajority in the state assembly to override Evers or appointment of another judge that's why
Yeah, that could be it.
Either way a wise decision for WI Rs.
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #2727 on: April 05, 2023, 01:38:45 PM »

Wisconsin rejected a MAGA judge by a double digit margin? Based. It's too unfortunate ElectionsGuy has dropped out of the forum. Heck, this is his homestate.
DaleCooper
Atlas Icon

P P P
« Reply #2728 on: April 05, 2023, 01:46:07 PM »

Wisconsin rejected a MAGA judge by a double digit margin? Based. It's too unfortunate ElectionsGuy has dropped out of the forum. Heck, this is his homestate.

His final post was that he was considering leaving the forum because we were all too stupid to see that Hassan was going to lose. I'd be shocked if he has the balls to show himself again after his behavior in the months leading up to the 2022 elections.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #2729 on: April 05, 2023, 01:48:52 PM »

Evers didn't lose and neither did Johnson because of AaRP and dynamics of a Midterm for Johnson, but Johnson is DOA in 28 regardless in a Prez yr and Baldwin is gonna beat Kleefish by 4 pts like the PVI will be 51/47
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #2730 on: April 05, 2023, 02:15:51 PM »

His final post was that he was considering leaving the forum because we were all too stupid to see that Hassan was going to lose. I'd be shocked if he has the balls to show himself again after his behavior in the months leading up to the 2022 elections.

Him and Calthrina, both
Arizona Iced Tea
Minute Maid Juice
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2731 on: April 05, 2023, 02:58:02 PM »

DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #2732 on: April 05, 2023, 03:09:50 PM »

I can see why he isn't posting anymore. His final prediction post which was very confident turned out to be very wrong.
soundchaser

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.26

P P P
« Reply #2733 on: April 05, 2023, 03:14:39 PM »

Give a man an endorsement, and he'll lose a Supreme Court election once. Teach a man to refuse an endorsement, and he'll lose a Supreme Court election for a lifetime.
Nyvin
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2734 on: April 05, 2023, 03:39:17 PM »

Trump endorsed Dan Kelly in 2020.
DaleCooper
Atlas Icon

P P P
« Reply #2735 on: April 05, 2023, 03:50:13 PM »

I can see why he isn't posting anymore. His final prediction post which was very confident turned out to be very wrong.

Not only very wrong, but one of the worst predictions on the entire website.
GeorgiaModerate
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #2736 on: April 05, 2023, 04:08:53 PM »

Disappearing like EG and Calthrina did just displays their immaturity.  I would venture to say that everyone who follows politics for long enough has made some wrong predictions, probably including some doozies, at some point.  (I've certainly made some!)  But being able to admit it when you're wrong, and trying to learn something from it, is something that a mature person does.  Refusing to acknowledge your mistakes is a sign of weakness, not strength.
Minnesota Mike
YaBB God

« Reply #2737 on: April 05, 2023, 05:04:55 PM »

Disappearing like EG and Calthrina did just displays their immaturity.  I would venture to say that everyone who follows politics for long enough has made some wrong predictions, probably including some doozies, at some point.  (I've certainly made some!)  But being able to admit it when you're wrong, and trying to learn something from it, is something that a mature person does.  Refusing to acknowledge your mistakes is a sign of weakness, not strength.

I think on a board like this people try to standout by making outlandish or iron clad predictions without thinking of what it means to their credibility. Boldly predicting a competitive race safe does not make you look smart even if you end up right.
pantsaregood
United States

« Reply #2738 on: April 05, 2023, 05:08:01 PM »

Where does MillenialModerate fall here? Guy calls every election incorrectly with an impressive amount of confidence, never admits he was wrong, and doesn't even disappear.
GeorgiaModerate
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #2739 on: April 05, 2023, 05:30:08 PM »

Where does MillenialModerate fall here? Guy calls every election incorrectly with an impressive amount of confidence, never admits he was wrong, and doesn't even disappear.

He gets credit for at least sticking around and owning up to his mistaken predictions.  (This does not excuse his dooming and concern trolling leading up to elections.)
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #2740 on: April 05, 2023, 06:02:33 PM »

He doesn't count because his predictions are not genuine. He is a troll.
Minnesota Mike
YaBB God

« Reply #2741 on: April 05, 2023, 06:10:10 PM »

Looking at results from last night it strikes me what a Democratic monster Dane county has become.

-Turnout in Dane was 80% of Nov 22. Statewide was 69% of Nov 22. Waukesha was 73% of Nov 22.
-Janet P got 82% of the vote in Dane. Obama only got 71% in Dane in 2012.

But even with all that Janet P would still have won if you exclude Dane's results.
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.57, S: -7.50

P P P
« Reply #2742 on: April 05, 2023, 06:20:21 PM »

If I counted right, Protasiewicz flipped 13 counties just from three years ago. Honestly with results this good for the Democrats, I feel Dobbs has really shored WI up for them in 2024. I could even see them winning Ozaukee in 2028 if the Republicans continue down the path they're on.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #2743 on: April 05, 2023, 07:00:14 PM »

I don't want to read too much into the results of a special election versus a presidential election too, but I do think that two trends are clear by now, between last night's election and the 2022 midterms:

1. The Dane County machine is real and powerful. Given how close elections often can be in Wisconsin, getting consistently large Democratic turnout in this county matters a lot.

2. Trends in WOW: while they still may be a long way from flipping Democratic, their continued trends towards the Democrats are chipping away at the margins Republicans used to get, and still need, to win statewide.

Those two things, along with just enough turnout in Milwaukee seems like all the Baldwin and Biden campaigns need to focus on to continue winning the state. There is a very clear blueprint now, and that's all still bad news for the Wisconsin GOP even if it isn't quite a sure-thing.
MillennialModerate
MillennialMAModerate
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #2744 on: April 05, 2023, 07:12:00 PM »

He doesn't count because his predictions are not genuine. He is a troll.

Anything contrary to your opinion or views is a troll?

How do YOU know what I say is genuine or not?

I assess a situation and make my opinions/predictions from there but all things being equal I’m a glass half empty guy. So what? How is this even relevant to this convo?
MillennialModerate
MillennialMAModerate
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #2745 on: April 05, 2023, 07:16:57 PM »

Meanwhile, is this article just clickbait or is such a thing possible?

https://www.newsweek.com/janet-protasiewicz-may-impeached-gop-after-wisconsin-election-win-1792602?mibextid=Zxz2cZ

I mean this would be just about the most anti-democratic thing I can ever imagine
Oryxslayer
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2746 on: April 05, 2023, 07:19:20 PM »

https://www.newsweek.com/janet-protasiewicz-may-impeached-gop-after-wisconsin-election-win-1792602?mibextid=Zxz2cZ

I mean this would be just about the most anti-democratic thing I can ever imagine

Check upthread for the Senate majority leaders reaction to this question, but yes the wing of the party which has gotten comfortable with near-unchecked power did call for it.
Duke of York

« Reply #2747 on: April 05, 2023, 07:20:03 PM »

The Senate Majority Leader already said there will be no impeachment proceedings.
MillennialModerate
MillennialMAModerate
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #2748 on: April 05, 2023, 07:24:54 PM »

The Senate Majority Leader already said there will be no impeachment proceedings.

Just saw the news clip (FOX6 MIL) … He seems like a Republican with conscious (if those exist)
Roll Roons
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2749 on: April 05, 2023, 07:29:21 PM »

Pages: 1 ... 105 106 107 108 109 [110] 111 112 113 114 115 ... 129  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies