Wisconsin Megathread v3: GOP in MASSIVE DISARRAY
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 28, 2024, 09:56:13 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Wisconsin Megathread v3: GOP in MASSIVE DISARRAY
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 74 75 76 77 78 [79] 80 81 82 83 84 ... 128
Author Topic: Wisconsin Megathread v3: GOP in MASSIVE DISARRAY  (Read 170367 times)
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1950 on: March 16, 2023, 12:31:52 PM »

WI IS LEAN D WITHOUT JOHNSON AND 2028HE WILL LOSE
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #1951 on: March 16, 2023, 02:11:41 PM »

Kelly & Republicans getting extremely desperate at this point - cooking up literally fake stories (check the responses that out them in DMs)

Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #1952 on: March 16, 2023, 05:30:25 PM »

A sampling of the ads Protasiewicz is running.

Wow, these ads are BEAUTIFUL! Can we please promote Ben Wikler and his team to running the DNC once they have saved Wisconsin from the GOP?
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #1953 on: March 16, 2023, 05:54:08 PM »

A sampling of the ads Protasiewicz is running.

Wow, these ads are BEAUTIFUL! Can we please promote Ben Wikler and his team to running the DNC once they have saved Wisconsin from the GOP?

No. The DNC is being run for the benefit of the friends of Jim Clyburn at the moment.
Duke of York

« Reply #1954 on: March 16, 2023, 07:23:10 PM »

Kelly & Republicans getting extremely desperate at this point - cooking up literally fake stories (check the responses that out them in DMs)

Their internal polling must show them down by a lot if this is what they are restoring too.
Gass3268
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1955 on: March 16, 2023, 08:00:21 PM »

A local conservative talk radio guy in Milwaukee has been actively talking on twitter about needing to start a disinformation campaign too. Straight up advocating for spreading lies. 
Gass3268
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1956 on: March 16, 2023, 08:35:34 PM »

Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #1957 on: March 17, 2023, 02:11:43 AM »

Senator Richard Mourdock agrees.
Nyvin
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1958 on: March 17, 2023, 07:07:43 AM »

This isn't a good way to quell voter's concerns about abortion in the state.
Gass3268
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1959 on: March 17, 2023, 12:29:52 PM »

Born to Slay. Forced to Work.
leecannon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.78

« Reply #1960 on: March 18, 2023, 01:08:11 AM »
« Edited: March 19, 2023, 01:04:29 AM by Peltola for God Empress »

That’s sad, he’s the last of the La Follettes.

I also just realized Godlewski lost re-election

Edit: I was wrong she didn’t run for re-election as others have pointed out
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #1961 on: March 18, 2023, 01:11:04 AM »

So....why? He is 82, but he also just ran for another term and was just three months in...seems weird to run at all.

She didn't. She ran for Senate but dropped out, and thus didn't run for re-election at all.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #1962 on: March 18, 2023, 08:44:19 AM »

Gass,
Who is the favorite for the wi state senate special election?
Oryxslayer
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1963 on: March 18, 2023, 09:28:08 AM »

So....why? He is 82, but he also just ran for another term and was just three months in...seems weird to run at all.

Either something came up suddenly - a not all that unlikely occurrence when you are 80+ -  or he actually was a team player and in the face of what appeared to be a poor national environment, he ran again deeming it more likely for the Dems to win the office with him on the ballot (reminder that the legislature had plans to empower the SoS if the GOP won it) than without.
Spectator
United States

« Reply #1964 on: March 18, 2023, 09:36:26 AM »

Gass,

Not gas’s, but I’d bet money in the Democrat. Democrats do super well in specials in Wisconsin, almost every time. They won a Trump+17 seat by double digits in a special a few years ago, and another Trump seat later that year.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #1965 on: March 18, 2023, 02:34:34 PM »

Hahaha what is this

Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #1966 on: March 18, 2023, 03:40:43 PM »

A very pathetic reference to the Willie Horton ad.
Nyvin
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1967 on: March 18, 2023, 03:54:59 PM »

Hahaha what is this

This is an old ad he aired back when they ran against each other in 1988. I guess he kept the VHS tape, good for him.

(joking)
Mr. Matt
United States

« Reply #1968 on: March 18, 2023, 06:52:29 PM »

To clarify, Doug La Follette is really only tangentially related to the main La Follette family, Wiki sez "His great-grandfather has been described as an uncle of Robert "Fighting Bob" La Follette" and that "Doug is a third cousin of Bronson [La Follette, grandson of Robert Sr.]." (link)

Also Godlewski didn't lose reelection, she went on an abortive U.S. Senate run in 2022 and wasn't seeking reelection to her Treasurer position (unless you're referring to 2026).
Gass3268
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1969 on: March 19, 2023, 08:46:31 AM »

Gass,

I would guess the Republican is narrowly favored, but like Spectator said, Democrats do really well in special elections in Wisconsin. They won both WI-01 and WI-10 during the Trump years in special elections. The reason I'm going with the Republican here is that while this is an area that is trending to the left, its still an area where Republicans turn out to vote at a solid clip. Much better than the NE or NW Wisconsin.
Pollster
YaBB God

« Reply #1970 on: March 19, 2023, 10:13:45 AM »

Gass,

I would guess the Republican is narrowly favored, but like Spectator said, Democrats do really well in special elections in Wisconsin. They won both WI-01 and WI-10 during the Trump years in special elections. The reason I'm going with the Republican here is that while this is an area that is trending to the left, its still an area where Republicans turn out to vote at a solid clip. Much better than the NE or NW Wisconsin.

It's trending Dem but still one of the most polarized seats in the state - Michels and Vukmir both carried it - so turnout would have to be massively in Dems' favor (which isn't impossible).
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #1971 on: March 19, 2023, 01:22:23 PM »

Turnout will be higher than 22 because it's a Prez race not Midterm even if it's the same 113 voters Da are favoredwjite females vote more D in Prez than Midterm that's why FL is trending bluer not redder
Tekken_Guy
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #1972 on: March 19, 2023, 06:16:00 PM »

Gass,

It's trending Dem but still one of the most polarized seats in the state - Michels and Vukmir both carried it - so turnout would have to be massively in Dems' favor (which isn't impossible).

It’s a suburban seat so it’s not really that polarized. Yes it’s redder downballot but Michels actually did worse than Trump here. Knodl is favored but an upset is not out of the picture.
Pollster
YaBB God

« Reply #1973 on: March 20, 2023, 08:58:58 AM »

Gass,

It’s a suburban seat so it’s not really that polarized. Yes it’s redder downballot but Michels actually did worse than Trump here. Knodl is favored but an upset is not out of the picture.

"Polarized" gets thrown around a lot these days in misleading, exaggerated, and/or wholly incorrect contexts but functionally means that crossover appeal/swing voting is minimal to nonexistent among an electorate. Trends are one thing (especially suburban trends) but not all suburbs are equal in this realm and this seat is extremely polarized.
Tekken_Guy
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #1974 on: March 20, 2023, 09:06:38 AM »

Gass,

"Polarized" gets thrown around a lot these days in misleading, exaggerated, and/or wholly incorrect contexts but functionally means that crossover appeal/swing voting is minimal to nonexistent among an electorate. Trends are one thing (especially suburban trends) but not all suburbs are equal in this realm and this seat is extremely polarized.

Dems have won similar races when turnout is favorable to them.
Pages: 1 ... 74 75 76 77 78 [79] 80 81 82 83 84 ... 128  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies