Wisconsin Megathread v3: GOP in MASSIVE DISARRAY
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 07:39:58 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Wisconsin Megathread v3: GOP in MASSIVE DISARRAY
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 56 57 58 [59] 60 61 62 63 64 ... 128
Author Topic: Wisconsin Megathread v3: GOP in MASSIVE DISARRAY  (Read 165861 times)
Minnesota Mike
YaBB God

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1450 on: April 06, 2022, 12:58:55 AM »

I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #1451 on: April 06, 2022, 01:13:41 AM »

Yeah I saw about that. Fantastic.

Also in Brown County they elected their Board of Supervisors. Only two incumbents lost, and while the elections are non-partisan both seemed ideologically polarized, one was actually a member of a right-wing group associated with militias who lost to a liberal, the other seems to be a liberal who lost to a conservative. However said conservative actually was the old incumbent who held the seat for almost 20 years before losing to that liberal in a fluke upset in 2020. So sort of a wash overall.
philly09

« Reply #1452 on: April 06, 2022, 01:28:26 AM »

Despite the relatively low turnout, a damn good night for Democrats across the state. Even in reliably red Waukesha, the former GOP mayor Shawn Reilly was re-elected.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #1453 on: April 06, 2022, 01:44:45 AM »

Considering his young age and that Milwaukee mayors tend to stick around forever, I wouldn't be surprised if Johnson is still mayor 30 years from now. He's only the fourth of mayor of Milwaukee elected since 1960.
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1454 on: April 06, 2022, 08:47:44 AM »

Donovan is going to flee the city to Greenfield and going to find some dive bar to drink himself to death in. Stay out of the bathrooms there though as he’s a predator.
I know the drinking part, but fill me in on the bathroom part?

He was arrested back in the early 90s peeping into a UWM bathroom stall through a hole. He admitted to going there numerous times to watch men and jerk it. So he’s the “law and order” candidate of course.
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1455 on: April 06, 2022, 08:48:42 AM »

Considering his young age and that Milwaukee mayors tend to stick around forever, I wouldn't be surprised if Johnson is still mayor 30 years from now. He's only the fourth of mayor of Milwaukee elected since 1960.

Yes, it’s probably his for as long as he wants it and he could set the length in office record if he wants.
ElectionsGuy
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: 7.10, S: -7.65

P P
« Reply #1456 on: April 06, 2022, 09:53:43 AM »

Despite the relatively low turnout, a damn good night for Democrats across the state. Even in reliably red Waukesha, the former GOP mayor Shawn Reilly was re-elected.

There's no good reason to believe this. Kenosha County (often a bellwether) just elected their first R county executive ever. Many school board members got defeated by more right-wing challenges. You can always pick out exceptions in local "non-partisan" races because there are so many to choose from, but it absolutely has no overall bearing on what's going to happen in November anyway. R's suffered in the court races in 2020 and Trump made it the closest presidential election since 2004 in the state anyway. Hagedorn won in 2018 before Walker lost and Baldwin easily won.
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1457 on: April 06, 2022, 09:57:48 AM »

Corrupt Dems just rigged another election!!1!
Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.13, S: -0.87

P P P
« Reply #1458 on: April 06, 2022, 03:21:32 PM »

There's no good reason to believe this. Kenosha County (often a bellwether) just elected their first R county executive ever. Many school board members got defeated by more right-wing challenges. You can always pick out exceptions in local "non-partisan" races because there are so many to choose from, but it absolutely has no overall bearing on what's going to happen in November anyway. R's suffered in the court races in 2020 and Trump made it the closest presidential election since 2004 in the state anyway. Hagedorn won in 2018 before Walker lost and Baldwin easily won.
They're Atlas Dems, what do you expect? They prefer to live with their heads buried in the sand.

These results were definitely not good for Democrats.
walleye26

« Reply #1459 on: April 06, 2022, 06:05:38 PM »

They're Atlas Dems, what do you expect? They prefer to live with their heads buried in the sand.

These results were definitely not good for Democrats.

Yeah, I agree with both of you. It wasn’t a good night for Democratic-aligned candidates. In places like Waukesha, more moderate board members lost to conservative challengers, and many other school boards had more conservative challengers win. A lot of school districts in the northern half of the state (and some rural areas) BADLY lost their funding referendums. In Stratford (near Marshfield) their referendum lost 70-30. Medford (Taylor county) rejected their referendum, as did Merrill, Rosendale-Brandon (western Fond du Lac Co), Gillette, and Oconto Falls all lost their referendums.
Chips
Those Chips
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1460 on: April 07, 2022, 07:23:14 AM »

Can both sides be right? Both parties saw success across the state Tuesday. I guess I'd say Republicans were a tad more victorious overall though.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #1461 on: April 07, 2022, 08:10:32 AM »

The real primary is August 2nd not last Tuesday
GeorgiaModerate
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1462 on: April 07, 2022, 08:51:45 AM »

Can both sides be right? Both parties saw success across the state Tuesday. I guess I'd say Republicans were a tad more victorious overall though.

Yes.  I saw some comments from Wisconsin political journalists on Twitter that noted both sides had some results to feel good about, but that statewide it was pretty much a draw or very slightly better for Republicans.
Sub Jero
Rookie
United States

« Reply #1463 on: April 09, 2022, 07:55:58 AM »

Lol
Drew
drewmike87
United States

« Reply #1464 on: April 09, 2022, 02:08:37 PM »

A cool development from a suburb just outside of Milwaukee.  The tiebreaking vote was a single provisional ballot.

lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1465 on: April 15, 2022, 11:31:48 PM »
« Edited: April 16, 2022, 12:06:48 AM by lfromnj »

State house maps will be 64 Trump seats in the state house and 22 in the state senate.   The 66th Seat for the GOP is still Biden +7 so Ever's will still maintain a veto as long as he wins and Democrats don't completely mess up.

R's are moderately favored to get a supermajority in the state senate. One rural D is retiring in a Trump +10(Walker +1) seat in the NW so that should be Lean to  Likely R, while the 2 most vulnerable R seats is 1 Trump +2 seat in Appleton where the incumbent R senator won by 7 points in 2018 in a similar seat and one Biden +1 seat that straddles the Waukesha Milwaukee border that was moved from Biden +9 to Biden +0.5. (Walker +14) The R state senator won by 3 in the previous seat. It still is vulnerable for the future if trends continue but it is very much Likely to go R for 2022. Lastly there is a vulnerable D senator in a Trump +3 seat that was Evers +3 in 2018

Biggest change from Evers map is that suburban Milwaukee seat going from Biden +18(Evers drew 7 black majority districts and one of them got placed here) to Biden +1.
JMT

« Reply #1466 on: April 18, 2022, 07:41:14 AM »

JMT

« Reply #1467 on: April 18, 2022, 12:21:44 PM »

Sub Jero
Rookie
United States

« Reply #1468 on: April 18, 2022, 12:30:15 PM »

Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #1469 on: April 18, 2022, 03:54:37 PM »

Every has a 50% Approvals it's gonna be very difficult for Rs to win this race
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #1470 on: April 18, 2022, 08:45:19 PM »

Whitmer, Evers and Shapiro, Polis and SISOLAK are all getting reelected with 3 percent unemployment just like SUNUNU, Abbott, DeSantis and DeWine with 3 percent unemployment are gonna get reelected

We lost VA in 2021 not 22 when our Federal candidates will be on the ballot in 22 in VA 21 just our state candidates were in the ballot and TMac lost narrowly Spanberger district
ElectionsGuy
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: 7.10, S: -7.65

P P
« Reply #1471 on: April 20, 2022, 01:04:59 PM »

Kids in the Milwaukee public schools finally got a choice of masking for the first time in two years... For a day, before they decided to reverse it back today because of rising cases.

Great job guys.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #1472 on: April 20, 2022, 07:14:48 PM »

We need a Sen and Gov poll here
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #1473 on: April 20, 2022, 10:00:15 PM »

Kids in the Milwaukee public schools finally got a choice of masking for the first time in two years... For a day, before they decided to reverse it back today because of rising cases.

Great job guys.

I saw an interview segment on the news this evening in which the new Mayor of Milwaukee justified this decision, claiming that we may be done with the virus, but the virus "isn't done with us", a statement which I've heard many others make. It certainly is a frustrating move, and I doubt this will help the Democrats in Wisconsin, just like the renewal of the Philadelphia mask mandate will probably hurt them in Pennsylvania.
ProgressiveModerate
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1474 on: April 20, 2022, 10:24:55 PM »

Great job guys.

I saw an interview segment on the news this evening in which the new Mayor of Milwaukee justified this decision, claiming that we may be done with the virus, but the virus "isn't done with us", a statement which I've heard many others make. It certainly is a frustrating move, and I doubt this will help the Democrats in Wisconsin, just like the renewal of the Philadelphia mask mandate will probably hurt them in Pennsylvania.

As a Democrat, stuff like this makes me very upset. While I don’t think masking children is the evil some Republicans make it out to be, it should be lifted at this point, and the overcaution for really no good reason is a bad look. It makes them look incompetent and people question if we can ever return to normal. Dems should stop focusing on wedge issues like masks which ultimately play in to Republicans hands, that is over, and both the science and American people are not on our side on it right now.
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 56 57 58 [59] 60 61 62 63 64 ... 128  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies