2024 republicans if Trump loses? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 10:39:31 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Presidential Election Trends (Moderator: 100% pro-life no matter what)
  2024 republicans if Trump loses? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 2024 republicans if Trump loses?  (Read 2314 times)
Tekken_Guy
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« on: April 03, 2019, 12:37:23 PM »

Mike Pence
Nikki Haley
Tom Cotton
Baker and/or Hogan to be a moderate option
John Kasich or Jeff Flake as a pre-Trump candidate
Kim Reynolds or Joni Ernst
Another Ted Cruz run
Greg Abbott
Scott, DeSantis, or Rubio for Florida
Marsha Blackburn
Kristi Noem
Brian Kemp
Josh Hawley
Dan Crenshaw
Mike Lee
James Lankford or Kevin Stitt
Mike Pompeo
Matt Bevin
Tekken_Guy
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2019, 10:24:15 PM »

If Trump loses, I expect the Republican base will be adrift in the wilderness, waiting for a new charismatic figure to take back the Whitehouse. I have a hard time seeing them rallying behind another career politician: Dan Crenshaw is the only one who jumps out as an obvious possibility. I wouldn't be surprised to see someone like Herman Cain emerge from the political dead to win the nomination. Or someone we haven't even considered as a potential presidential candidate.

Stop searching for an up and coming Republican politician, and start thinking of ambitious celebrities with the right profile to strike a chord with GOP voters.

You don't think Ron DeSantis could fit the profile? Young, popular governor of a huge swing state who served in Iraq and has both congressional and executive experience. What's not to like?

I think DeSantis would probably finish his second term, and he can run in 2028. They should probably go for someone with a stronger record and more experience. How about nominating a successful businessman who was also governor of a huge swing state, then beat a Democratic incumbent senator in a year that the GOP was losing badly everywhere else.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies